Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #31
ChoomCzar
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The real "idiots" in this forum voted for the incumbent -- Odumbo -- and the continuation of his failed policies yesterday.

Some of them are idiots who believe those policies work, but I think the better answer is that they don't care about society being better off. They just want their free shit......
ChoomCzar is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #32
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Aust, where in history has a country spent itself into prosperity? Where in history has a country run endless and unrepayable debt succeeded? Where in history has a country taken great strides to limit liberty in favor of security and remained free?

Ask Santayana those questions.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #33
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
Yeah, he had to color his avatar a bit and think up some new names to call anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Name calling in a debate or discussion is the refuge of the feeble minded IB. If the shoe fits....
Perhaps your ignor-anus self is as blind as it is dumb; thus, your dumb-ass failed to notice that your illustrious peers had posted three full pages of vitupertive name-calling threads in this forum over the last fourteen or fifteen hours. Now that you've labeled all of your illustrious peers as "feeble minded" you can carry your pretentious ass else where, you supercilious prick.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #34
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Well, you got that part right. The Republican party is beyond repair.
Right in that. There are too many factions in the Republican Party that want totally opposite things.

NeoCons want to start wars and rule the world, Libertarians and Religious Social Conservatives want isolation.

Libertarians and Moderate Republicans (NeoCons don't much care) don't want to intrude into everyone's body, sex and personal life, Social Conservatives do.

NeoCons, Moderates and some Libertarians believe in science (after all you need that to manufacture and use all those cool weapons to have wars) and Social Conservatives and some Libertarians don't.

Libertarians and Traditional Republicans believe in fiscal responsibility and NeoCons and a few others just want to spend (and not tax) to "starve the beast" and feed their military industrial sponsors.

Libertarians and Traditional Republicans want smaller government and NeoCons and a few others say they want smaller government but always grow it like crazy.

I think just about the only thing that all Republicans seem to agree on is they don't like taxes (but they often pass them anyway so they can funnel the tax money to their supporters and themselves).

It is a crazy quilt party that will not denounce any insane statement as long as it is reactionary enough (but will renounce anyone who tells the truth or doesn't toe the party line because they have an honest conviction about something) but is against almost everything that it was for sometime prior to 1990.

There is some serious soul searching (they have to find their soul) to be done, but I predict a slow and nasty noisy face into total irrelevance as a national party. This isn't really good news for Democrats either since the Democratic party is always a better party with a truly loyal (and sane and rational) opposition to call them on their craziest tendencies and keep them honest.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
see? what did I just say?

theres not a tool in the box that can fix dipshits like IB
It did have an impact or the race wouldn't have been as close as it was, moron. Odumbo barely netted 50% of the popular vote, and his margin of victory is only 2%. The real "idiots" in this forum voted for the incumbent -- Odumbo -- and the continuation of his failed policies yesterday.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #36
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Quote:
Perhaps your ignor-anus self is as blind as it is dumb; thus, your dumb-ass failed didn't notice that your illutrious peers had posted three full pages of vitupertive name-calling threads in this forum over the last fourteen or fifteen hours. Now that you've labeled all of your illustrious peers as "feeble minded" you can carry your pretentious ass else where, you supercilious prick.
So I'm pretentious for not name calling? Thanks! I think I'll stay just because it seems to annoy you with my "pretentious ass"ness LOL

Yeah, keep up the nasty name calling your own self. I don't care for their name calling much either, though I hardly think they started it and are mainly fighting fire with fire, but they do tend to post facts and arguments in between the vituperation.

Thanks, have a great day and I hope you life isn't as miserable as your discourse.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #37
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
So I'm pretentious for not name calling? Thanks! I think I'll stay just because it seems to annoy you with my "pretentious ass"ness LOL

Yeah, keep up the nasty name calling your own self. I don't care for their name calling much either, though I hardly think they started it and are mainly fighting fire with fire, but they do tend to post facts and arguments in between the vituperation.

Thanks, have a great day and I hope you life isn't as miserable as your discourse.
You DID resort to calling names, you pretentious prick!!!

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=27

Go ahead, carry your supercilious ass else where but on your way out, examine your hypocritical stance as you blindly ignore three pages of name-calling threads started by your Kool Aid sucking, liberal peers!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #38
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Quote:
Aust, where in history has a country spent itself into prosperity? Where in history has a country run endless and unrepayable debt succeeded? Where in history has a country taken great strides to limit liberty in favor of security and remained free?

Uh, the U.S. did after the Great Depression. Granted WWII also had something to do with it, though that was spending which was destructive, and spending alone is not sufficient, but after WWI when we had huge debt we spent more to send the GIs to school so we didn't have a huge unemployment problem and we invested in the interstate highway system, started the Cold War (all of that spending and much of it not productive spending on things like weapons) and returned to the greatest prosperity that the world has ever seen (and freedom that was and is the envy of the world). For anyone who remembers or studies, we didn't actually get very prosperous until the mid-1950s so it took just about a decade after WWII to get there (not just four years). Today we have the attention spans of gnats and expect everything to happen instantaneously in a country with 330 Million people and a world with over 7 Billion. We are mostly mental midgets for expecting that.

Besides, for most of civilization's history (except for a small period in China in the 11th Century) nations didn't have fiat monetary systems so the fundamentals are structurally different since WWII and especially since Nixon ended convertibility. Also, most people didn't have education or access to finance/lending and 99% of all people paid at least half of everything they made (taxes) to the king/ruler so economically there aren't too many parallels in terms of macro before the mid-20th century and Bretton-Woods.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #39
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Quote:
You DID resort to calling names, you pretentious prick!!!

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=27

Go ahead, carry your supercilious ass else where but on your way out, examine your hypocritical stance as you blindly ignore three pages of name-calling threads started by your Kool Aid sucking, liberal peers!!!!
NU-UH, you did! ROTFLMAO

I didn't call you a name (as you actually pointed out) I just said name calling is a refuge of the feeble-minded. If the shoe fits and you rose to the bait (to mix metaphors).

BTW, COG, it IS kind of fun getting the opponents here into a mouth foaming meltdown sometimes. I finally see what you're saying and doing. Mark, CJ7, WTF, Wssup and others, I gotcha now!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #40
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
It did have an impact or the race wouldn't have been as close as it was, moron. Odumbo barely netted 50% of the popular vote, and his margin of victory is only 2%. The real "idiots" in this forum voted for the incumbent -- Odumbo -- and the continuation of his failed policies yesterday.

close my ass ... Obie won every swing state but one, and the swing states decided the election, the popular vote was trumped by electoral votes before the west coast hit 9pm

but lets give you the benifit of you inane comment, yanno just to prove you and your ilk are total idiots ..

it was close we almost won !!!!

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #41
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Quote:
Aust, where in history has a country spent itself into prosperity?

Where in history has a country run endless and unrepayable debt succeeded?

Where in history has a country taken great strides to limit liberty in favor of security and remained free?

Well, Santayana is a bit moldy to ask those questions to, but you just showed that you really don't understand this at all. Our debt is not at all unrepayable (and assumption on your part and a bad one) since we create (I don't even say print because most of our money is not printed anymore, it is just 1s and 0s in a electronic ledger somewhere) our own money. We could repay all that debt with one keystroke. That isn't to say it would be wise to do so because it would cause other problems including, but not limited to possible runaway inflation.

It has never been done and it might be a really bad idea to inject $16 Trillion into the economy at one time (foreigners own about 33% of our debt, we owe ourselves the rest) but it could be done. Also, is owing ourselves about $12 Trillion dollars unsustainable? YES, we owe it to ourselves.

BTW, the debt issue is an interesting one to me. We do borrow and pay interest, but since we are a fiat monetary system we actually don't have to (remember we make the money so we can make it and charge no interest so why would anyone borrow from someone at interest when they could, if we so choose, borrow it with no interest - the only risk in doing so would be to ignite inflation).

Bonds and borrowing (in the macro-economy, states, counties, cities and companies will have to use that mechanism to finance spending since they can't create their own money) are an artifact of commodity based monetary systems. Basically when Nixon ended convertibility he didn't want to put all those bond traders and financiers out of business so we continued to utilize those mechanisms. Fact (accounting fact no less): In a fiat monetary system the sovereign doesn't have to borrow or pay interest (though it might be the best route to do it in some cases).

On the liberty and freedom issue I think we mostly agree, but would probably not agree on the specifics of how liberty is being compromised for security (but maybe we would).
Old 11-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #42
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
NU-UH, you did! ROTFLMAO

I didn't call you a name (as you actually pointed out) I just said name calling is a refuge of the feeble-minded. If the shoe fits and you rose to the bait (to mix metaphors).

BTW, COG, it IS kind of fun getting the opponents here into a mouth foaming meltdown sometimes. I finally see what you're saying and doing. Mark, CJ7, WTF, Wssup and others, I gotcha now!
No. Read your post again, you supercilious prick. That's not what you said. You aggrandized BigKoTex's insult with your post. As punctuated (without a comma), that post -- your post -- isn't bait, it is an added insult. So let's add "liar" as another of your juvenile skills you "pretentiously" presume you do not exhibit.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #43
boshif
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

What happened to the Right to Life? in the abortion culture? What happened to Right to Liberty in the oppressive and give away tax and spend agenda? What happened to the persuite of happiness in this materialistic culture?
boshif is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #44
Sami
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9489
My ECCIE Reviews

SNL you kill me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet N Little View Post
Sami is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #45
S-Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11

When you have white male Republican Senatorial candidates open their mouths and foolishly utter the words "rape" and "pregnancy" in the same sentence, they end up losing significant number of female voters.
S-Man is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women