Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162442
Yssup Rider60287
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41359
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35764
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 03-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #31
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbigpapa View Post
My answer. Nothing, not a dime. I'm not paying for people to go out and have the public transportation take them home on my dime. Those going out to the bars can get a cab. I don't care how much it cost. Going out to the bars is a luxury, it is by no means a right.

That's a horrible idea. Most bars are bar and grills. Where are the dining patrons of the bar and grill going to park? What about parking for the lunch crowd many bar and grills have?

Don't want to drink and drive, but you still want to go out. There are three simple solutions. Have a designated driver, have someone drop you off at the bar (a friend, taxi, bus, etc) or hit the pavement and walk to the bar.
The status quo doesn't work. Expecting drunks to be reasonable and do the right thing is folly. I understand why you don't like the idea of picking up the tab (tee hee... bar pun) for the free riders (literally). But that small price would save lives (...including daughters). A few dollars a year seems like a bargain to me.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #32
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahan View Post
BigMike please stay on the topic and away from personal attacks.
If you feel that was a personal attack feel free to ban me. This is part of the topic! First hand experience. Or should I apologize and say I'm sorry some nimrod killed my daughter and you were wrongfully detained.

Lacrew, I get it. And I do feel good about it. All those wrongfully arrested have due process and a chance to clear their name. Those killed do not. And thanks for throwing it in my face. (personal attack by you? Get it now?)

Our society has become selfish and all about me, me , me. All I hear is how bad I was treated, how wrong they were to me. We live in a society, which means laws are passed to protect and benefit society as a whole while trying to maintain as much individual rights as possible.

Those arrogant enough to believe all of their self-determined rights out-weigh the rights of other individuals, need to go live in a cabin in the woods and write their manifesto.

Hey, I feel like getting drunk and drive tonight. Why don't all of you tell me where your sons and daughters live and I'll be happy to pay them a visit. Unless, I get stopped by a cop first who just wants to harass me.

I forgave the bastard who killed my daughter a long time ago. But I'll never forgive the judge who put him back on the street, where he could harm other.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #33
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Granted, this site says 2004, but its still reality. They say pictures are worth a thousand words.

http://www.car-accidents.com/drunk-driving-crash.html

I'd be more than happy to be pulled over and inconvienced anytime for any reason if any of the following people who are now numbers on a stats page could be brought back to life....and yes, even the drunk drivers who lost their lives too.

http://www.madd.org/About-Us/About-Us/Statistics.aspx

http://www.duiattorneyhome.com/DUI/D...ing-Statistics

No, its not easy when someone is wrongfully charged with a DUI and yes, it costs money to fight, but at least you're alive.

So its OK that the over 11,000 people who died in 2008 because of a drunk driver as opposed to the people who are inconvienced?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #34
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

Did you click the link? This guy WAS NOT DRINKING. But he got arrested and put on perp TV. There is a video which proves the COP WAS LYING.

While this cop was harassing this person and falsifying his report, a REAL drunk driver could have driven right by him.

Get it now? Its become a revenue producer. If it were about safety, why offer diversions? If it were about safety, why set up checkpoints to ferret out people who are just over the limit...instead of driving around looking for people obviously over the limit?

We could be SAFER, if politicians and LE used more common sense instead of using small minded people to gin up support for simplistic money making schemes. Its a difficult discussion, that some people refuse to engage in because of emotion and rage.

You want to come visit my kids Mike? Really? You're probably older than me...but you still have alot of growing up to do.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #35
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Lacrew -

Thanks for the compassion and understanding you have shown. I appreciate that you offered your condolences for my loss. It takes a muture person to do so. Hats off to you.

Visiting your kids - perhaps I should have added speaking metaphorically. Trying to make people inderstand. Get it?

If it was a money making scheme, as you so wisely put it, why do so many people get off the hook with a small fine and a reduced charge on their record?

Even if I disagree with your opinions, I still believe in free speech. So have at it. I even agree with free speech so much, that I feel this local Independence boy has the right to his own humor on the website below. I don't think its funny but perhaps you will.

http://www.porkjerky.com/rip/

Enjoy it.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #36
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Omahan -

Don't worry about me posting any more on this subject. Too painful to remember. Don't even want to read anymore of it.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #37
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Crew,

My post wasn't totally in response to yours. I was touching upon the inconvience factor.

Yes, I did click the link and yes, I did read it. I'm sorry that happened to the guy, but our judicial system isn't perfect and needs a total rehaul in my opinion. There are many people out there that aren't guilty of their crimes and its always up to us (the innocent like him) to make them see the faults in the system.

Is this an emotional topic, of course it is. It touches to many people and not in a good way.

Its up to us to help change the laws, talk to the politicians and make them see that the laws aren't perfect and that a change is in need.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #38
Omahan
Secretary of State

Guys I'm going to close this thread. I think both sides have had a chance to clearly state their opinions and to continue will do nothing but cause more hurt and bad feelings between people who would otherwise be friends.
Thread Closed