Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41553
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35931
Mojojo33117

Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #31
Jdriller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Well, I thought the goal was to insure 30 million americans who did not have insurance. 6 or 7 million is way short of 30 million. And 6 or 7 milliion lost their insurance when obamacare went in effect. What are the chances that most of the 6 to 7 million who signed up are mostly the ones who lost insurance in the first place. My insurance is 200.00 per month more expensive, my daughters is 150.00 per month more expensive. Deductibles are like 5 or 6 thousand dollars on these plans. Rediculous. It is a scam to make insurance companies more money than they made before obamacare, to reduce the quality of care overall, to force cheaper fees acceptance on the medical providers. (which is a good thing in some ways). But most of the goals of improving healthcare could have been met with some tweeking of the "old" system". We did not have to tear the system down and put a half ass system up in its place. There are more uninsurance people now than before obamacare and when employees dump their plans before the end of 2014 millions more will be without healthcare (unless they sign up on abamacare.) The youger people are not signing up and choosing to go with out. (oh your going to penalize me a percert of my income, I have no income, I am a student or I have a job but there is know way I can pay for insurance, since I have to conscentrate on rent, food, transpotation and pussy and booze. Fine away MF's
Total f..ing fiasco. It really worries me. I have a heart condition that can only be fixed with a heart transplant. Current medicines run about 10,000 per month to keep my heart pumping and getting stronger, but in the long run, the condition is fatal unless you get a new heart. I am (dispite the heart thing) relatively healthy (although I never thought I would outlive my dick) and don't know why you have to be on the brink of death, sick and dying to get a new heart if you already know thats the only way to fix it. Do it now while you are strong, younger, and more likely to tolerate the surgery and live some good healhty years instead of a steady decline to death. The sytem sucks. By the time I sick enought to move up on the list for heart transplants, they will say, oh....your too old and don't have enough years to live statistically to justify the procedure. I think I will have another rum and coke
Jdriller is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:01 AM   #32
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post

when you come up with evidence the aca #'S ARE MADE UP please post it

you thought?
You want to come up with evidence that they're telling the truth?
We know that illegals were signed up (they don't count)
We know that many have not paid (they don't count)
Many signed up for Medicare as they reached the age to do it (they don't count)
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #33
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
And all of this time I thought "da plane da plane" was parked on some deserted island, covered up with pot plants!
You do realize that the plane has not been found. Not a piece. Maybe you missed Ed Schultz and his map of 5,000 different landing sites within range of the plane. Or maybe you missed his tirade. Even an idiot like Schultz is right once in a while.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:05 AM   #34
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
its up to you to prove said propaganda to be propaganda ... so get to proving or you're a liar

you decide
Actually it is up to Obama to prove the 7 million. Proving less is like proving a negative but prove that there is one less than 7 million and you prove the White House to be lying again.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #35
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The big question is, "how many actually now have health insurance"?

I think we had all better wait and see how many checks clear the bank.
That is one thing but the other thing is how many people have insurance that didn't have insurance before. The word from the insurance companies is almost a whole 20%.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #36
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
You're missing one key ingredient. There were a significant percentage of the 65 million individuals who voted for Obama that already had a "Pre-Obamacare" health care plans in place. Thus, there was no need for them to purchase another policy

Those individuals should be included over and above the referenced 10% figure.
Do you include those who had insurance and lost it due to Obamacare? Wouldn't those be negative numbers to the total?
Old 04-02-2014, 01:13 AM   #37
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
I suppose I would agree, but conservatives paying their own way is bullshit

2 wars voted for with bipartisan support
increasing defense spending in every budget what budget? There hasn't been a budget in six years and the spending increased when the congress was controlled by the democrats wasn't it?
and 3 sets of tax cuts come to mind
You mean the Bush tax cuts that were reauthorized by Obama and the democrats in Congress. How about that SS tax cut? Those were democrat through and through.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #38
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I heard that all 228 passangers from Flight MH370 signed up for Obamacare yesterday. It's "the Chicago way."

Immediately after they cast their votes in the democratic primary election. Even if they weren't citizens.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:12 AM   #39
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdriller View Post
Well, I thought the goal was to insure 30 million americans who did not have insurance. 6 or 7 million is way short of 30 million. And 6 or 7 milliion lost their insurance when obamacare went in effect. What are the chances that most of the 6 to 7 million who signed up are mostly the ones who lost insurance in the first place. My insurance is 200.00 per month more expensive, my daughters is 150.00 per month more expensive. Deductibles are like 5 or 6 thousand dollars on these plans. Rediculous. It is a scam to make insurance companies more money than they made before obamacare, to reduce the quality of care overall, to force cheaper fees acceptance on the medical providers. (which is a good thing in some ways). But most of the goals of improving healthcare could have been met with some tweeking of the "old" system". We did not have to tear the system down and put a half ass system up in its place. There are more uninsurance people now than before obamacare and when employees dump their plans before the end of 2014 millions more will be without healthcare (unless they sign up on abamacare.) The youger people are not signing up and choosing to go with out. (oh your going to penalize me a percert of my income, I have no income, I am a student or I have a job but there is know way I can pay for insurance, since I have to conscentrate on rent, food, transpotation and pussy and booze. Fine away MF's
Jdriller you have raised some interesting points. Some of what you have said is not true.

1. The ACA does try to insure the 40 million who are uninsured. The ACA is two parts the Obamacare private plans and the Expanded State Medicaid. The CBO projects that by 2018 approximately 29 million people will be insured by the exchanges and State Medicaid. See Table 3 in the link.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...0Estimates.pdf

2. The health insurance companies are taking a risk selling policies on the exchanges. By law they can't deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. The health insurance companies could very easily lose money on the exchanges. It will depend on the make up of risk pool. The risk pool is going to have a lot of high risk people. The same people who were denied health insurance in the past.

3. The higher premiums and deductibles that you see on policies on the exchanges are because the health insurance companies are expecting a lot of high risk people to sign up. They don't know if there will be enough low risk people to balance them out.

4. College kids who are not working can stay on their parents plan up to age 26. That is if their parents have health insurance. People under 30 can purchase a minimum coverage policy on the exchanges. If some one is 27 years old and makes less than $20,000 they will qualify for the State Medicaid, depending on their state.

5. I agree with you on what you said about having to wait for a new heart. That is a part of the old system and not part of the ACA.
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:48 AM   #40
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Well, I thought the goal was to insure 30 million americans who did not have insurance. 6 or 7 million is way short of 30 million.
It would seem to me that the only way to reach the 30 'mil' level would be surpass the 7 million mark.

Just sayin'
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #41
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT...

Wait a minute, I'm not finished whining ....
Stuttering. Worthless counter argument. Your meds aren't working. Are you sure you are seeing a Medical Doctor?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #42
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
Jdriller you have raised some interesting points. Some of what you have said is not true.

1. The ACA does try to insure the 40 million who are uninsured. The ACA is two parts the Obamacare private plans and the Expanded State Medicaid. The CBO projects that by 2018 approximately 29 million people will be insured by the exchanges and State Medicaid. See Table 3 in the link.

2. The health insurance companies are taking a risk selling policies on the exchanges. By law they can't deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. The health insurance companies could very easily lose money on the exchanges. It will depend on the make up of risk pool. The risk pool is going to have a lot of high risk people. The same people who were denied health insurance in the past.

3. The higher premiums and deductibles that you see on policies on the exchanges are because the health insurance companies are expecting a lot of high risk people to sign up. They don't know if there will be enough low risk people to balance them out.

4. College kids who are not working can stay on their parents plan up to age 26. That is if their parents have health insurance. People under 30 can purchase a minimum coverage policy on the exchanges. If some one is 27 years old and makes less than $20,000 they will qualify for the State Medicaid, depending on their state.

5. I agree with you on what you said about having to wait for a new heart. That is a part of the old system and not part of the ACA.
What did Jdriller say that wasn't true? Lemme critique your points:
1.Those are PROJECTIONS. The govt didn't even make the FIRST YEAR'S projection. The first year's PROJECTION was 7 million people NEWLY PRIVATELY INSURED folks. The numbers I'm seeing from insurance sources say .9 to 2.6 million NEWLY PRIVATELY INSURED folks.

2. The insurance companies will go to the federal govt and get more taxpayer money when they show the risk pool is unsustainable. That's after they up everyone's insurance.

3. The insurance companies know not enough young people are signing up. Obama has already signed an order that the new premiums don't come out until November's election.

4. ANY kid under 26 can still be on their parents insurance. It doesn't matter if they are in college or not.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #43
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Total f..ing fiasco. It really worries me. I have a heart condition that can only be fixed with a heart transplant. Current medicines run about 10,000 per month to keep my heart pumping and getting stronger, but in the long run, the condition is fatal unless you get a new heart. I am (dispite the heart thing) relatively healthy (although I never thought I would outlive my dick) and don't know why you have to be on the brink of death, sick and dying to get a new heart if you already know thats the only way to fix it. Do it now while you are strong, younger, and more likely to tolerate the surgery and live some good healhty years instead of a steady decline to death. The sytem sucks. By the time I sick enought to move up on the list for heart transplants, they will say, oh....your too old and don't have enough years to live statistically to justify the procedure. I think I will have another rum and coke
Your heart medicines costs $10,000 a month and you're bitching about having to pay an extra $200? Cut down on the rum and coke. You'll have extra money for your premium and your heart will thank you.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #44
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post

2. The health insurance companies are taking a risk selling policies on the exchanges. By law they can't deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. The health insurance companies could very easily lose money on the exchanges. It will depend on the make up of risk pool. The risk pool is going to have a lot of high risk people. The same people who were denied health insurance in the past. Obamacare has promised (how much is that promise worth?) to make the insurance companies whole if they lose money. Of course, that is only important to the guys running the operation now. They grab their golden parachutes in a couple of years and your problems become someone else's. Not much current risk for the insurance companies, just lots of profit from people being forced to buy a product. AARP is going to make over a billion dollars the first couple of years.

3. The higher premiums and deductibles that you see on policies on the exchanges are because the health insurance companies are expecting a lot of high risk people to sign up. They don't know if there will be enough low risk people to balance them out. Ahh, the Achilles heel of the ACA. The numbers don't work by the way and the insurance companies will have to be bailed out by the taxpayer.

4. College kids who are not working can stay on their parents plan up to age 26. That is if their parents have health insurance. People under 30 can purchase a minimum coverage policy on the exchanges. If some one is 27 years old and makes less than $20,000 they will qualify for the State Medicaid, depending on their state. Why point to college kids? ANYONE under 26 can stay on their parents healthcare plan whether they go to college or not, whether they are married or not, whether they have children or not, whether they are in the military or not, What if their parents are divorced? Are we going to have courts battles as a "child" tries to force themselves on to the better covered parent against their wishes? Whole can of worms here.

5. I agree with you on what you said about having to wait for a new heart. That is a part of the old system and not part of the ACA. Why don't you tell us how the new, improved ACA is going to improve things. Are people going to be asked to "volunteer" a heart when they are not done using it yet? Are patients in a government sponsored hospital just going to take viable organs because a board has decided that they probably will not survive?
Once you are in the hands of the government, any government, they can do anything they want to you. Don't believe me? Its being done right now in Massachusetts with Justina Pelletier. Read this without stupid comments (you know who you are) and tell me that this is what you want government to be doing.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...xZI/story.html
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...s-judge-rules/
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1735331
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...an-dershowitz/
Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #45
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Once you are in the hands of the government, any government, they can do anything they want to you. Don't believe me? Its being done right now in Massachusetts with Justina Pelletier. Read this without stupid comments (you know who you are) and tell me that this is what you want government to be doing.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...xZI/story.html
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...s-judge-rules/
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1735331
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...an-dershowitz/
If it turns out that the physicians and judge who seem to believe that the girls' parents are withholding vital medical treatment are correct...then, yes...this is exactly what I want government to be doing.

What is your point here Admiral? That CPS is bad? That efforts by the government to protect children from abusive and uncaring parents ought to be curtailed or shut down? Oh, wait....I forgot. Your concern for what happens to children evaporates after they are born.
timpage is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women