Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70699
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35785
Mojojo33117

Old 07-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #31
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Don't be hard on yourself. Even some of the most adept mental/spiritual health experts have lost loved ones to suicide. Depression is an extremely comlicated illness; one day they are ok the next day they are totally hopeless and even they may not even know why. There are an infinite amount of factors that influence suicide. Hence the most common yet unanswerable question surrounding most all suicides: "Why?".
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #32
Guest100514
Account Disabled

User ID: 207127
My ECCIE Reviews

I think questioning "why" is the hardest part. I know why it happened, but it's hard for me to understand why someone would give up, especially after they've been through and beaten so many obstacles in life. I really appreciate everyone's comments and everyone that has PMd me with their own stories.
XOXO
Guest100514 is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #33
bored@home
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Someday, when a loss is not immediately associated, it would be interesting to have a full on adult discussion around the topic. There are so many people with varrying thoughts and feelings on the subject but when a recent death is closely tied to the origin it is very easy to unintentionally come across the wrong way.
My deepest condolences for your loss JP.
bored@home is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #34
Eva Damita
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 106939
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian Price View Post
Keep an eye on them and remind them of how much you love them. Every day. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help Eva. Sending lots of love and prayers your way.
XOXO
Thank you JP, so very kind of you!
Eva Damita is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #35
Guest100514
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored@home View Post
Someday, when a loss is not immediately associated, it would be interesting to have a full on adult discussion around the topic. There are so many people with varrying thoughts and feelings on the subject but when a recent death is closely tied to the origin it is very easy to unintentionally come across the wrong way.
My deepest condolences for your loss JP.
I am okay to talk about it. I tend to look at things logically, not emotionally. (Not always, I am not perfect by any means). I would not assume that any of the comments were made directly towards me, if we were to have that discussion.

I thank you all for your kind words. However, it would mean much more to me for you to raise awareness for this heartbreaking cause. I really do appreciate everyone's prayers and stories that they have sent me. I know I'm not alone in this fight and that really means a lot.
XOXO
JP
Old 07-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #36
Kayleehotchick
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5454
My ECCIE Reviews

I haven't read all the comments Jillian but my prayers and thoughts go out to you and the family of your friend.

Hugs, doll.
Kayleehotchick is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #37
Guest100514
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks Kaylee!
XOXO
Old 07-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #38
WOMBAT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

My Condolences and Sympathy,

Just last month had a very old friend (over 30 years) going through a bad divorce do the same.
He was staying with me then got on antidepressants and went down hill.
He went to stay with his parents on a farm for a couple weeks and they found him one day out on the farm...

I think the Antidepressants pushed him over the edge... He never mentioned doing anything, Just all the sudden gave up... Sometimes things just seem to stack up and people get tired, But I still blame a bad prescription.

It takes time to absorb their loss....

Hugs!!
WOMBAT is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #39
Guest100514
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Instead of commenting on the Robin Williams thread, I decided to bump this one. Just a reminder that depression affects people from all walks of life. Even a man who made the entire world laugh, a man who helped many people in rough times, suffered. Depression knows no age, no race, no class.
R.I.P. Robin Williams
Old 08-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #40
Ray007
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Well done JP, I immediately thought about this thread and your friend. R.I.P. Robin Williams(The Great One).
Ray007 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #41
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMBAT View Post
My Condolences and Sympathy,

Just last month had a very old friend (over 30 years) going through a bad divorce do the same.
He was staying with me then got on antidepressants and went down hill.
He went to stay with his parents on a farm for a couple weeks and they found him one day out on the farm...

I think the Antidepressants pushed him over the edge... He never mentioned doing anything, Just all the sudden gave up... Sometimes things just seem to stack up and people get tired, But I still blame a bad prescription.

It takes time to absorb their loss....

Hugs!!
A comment on the role of anti-depressants and suicide. Because a person commits suicide after beginning anti-depressants is not a sign that they are not working. Paradoxically, they are a sign that they ARE working. As the anti-depressants begin to kick in, but before they have worked their maximum benefit, a person is still bepressed, but has more energy and resolve as levels of serotonin (and depending on the drug nor-epinephrine, increase). This partial impact is in some cases what gives the person the energy, gumption, push -- whatever you want to call it -- to commit suicide. This well known phenomenon is why it is especially important for patients who are at significant risk of suicide to 1) be educated on this issue; and 2) be effectively and frequently monitored during this interim period before the six to eight week mark when SSRI's and SSNRI fully kick in.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #42
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The pisser is that it takes the anti depressants three to six weeks to kick in and work their magic. Plus, the patient needs to communicate how they are feeling with their shrinck. Different types of anti depressants work differently on different people.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #43
Guest100514
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Suicide & depression is a very difficult topic. Many people don't want to admit they are feeling this way.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #44
snowking2010
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Instead of commenting on the Robin Williams thread, I decided to bump this one. Just a reminder that depression affects people from all walks of life. Even a man who made the entire world laugh, a man who helped many people in rough times, suffered. Depression knows no age, no race, no class.
R.I.P. Robin Williams
True, makes you think.
snowking2010 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #45
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Suicide & depression is a very difficult topic. Many people don't want to admit they are feeling this way.

I see a big problem with depression. There are so many symptoms that if a medical professional were to quiz any one of us they would most likely classify 90% as clinically depressed. I have spoken to my family practitioner about this due to I needed a little help for four months after a family member died. marital issues, and the bs at work ... I took an anti depressant for four months, three months full on and one month to wean myself off. Now every time I go in for a physical she asks about depression, now I just get pissed. Then she wants to put me on high blood pressure meds.
pyramider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women