Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41268
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35670
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #31
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
How about we just kill the FCC entirely -- an agency that has long outlived its usefulness.
That's a great idea!

That way we could have 50 individual states plus Guam and Puerto Rico all making up their own rules about spectrum, billing practices, content, etc, etc, etc.

Wouldn't it be convenient to have a cell phone that works in Atlanta but not in Newark?

Or how about the fun of paying a tax on VoIP calls placed to New York but not Minnesota?

How great would it be for businesses if they had to register, pay a franchise tax, and agree to collect local sales taxes just to have their e-commerce site accessible in California?

Think I'm exaggerating?

All of the things I list would have happened if the FCC hadn't stepped in and exerted commerce clause authority to stop them.

The FCC has it's problems, but when you live in a federation you sometimes have to regulate to avoid regulation. The FCC is a the poster child of that idea. We need a federal regulator in this case in order to keep the states from screwing it up even more.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #32
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by .. View Post
Yes, this is one absurdity of the whole debate, because "net neutrality" as principle has nothing to do with it and as DG and /me agree is an important issue.

But the FCC "net neutrality" will be only for "lawful traffic".

Another issue is the FCC procedure is to vote on a draft, and after the vote the draft is formed into the actual final form.

Other issues are outlined here:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/0...ls-and-promise
Oh good, I’m glad I can still provide you something to condescend to. If you’d not taken my comment out of context it would be clear that I agree with some regulation. But regulation, no matter how well intended, is never benevolent. Speeding up the signal to the preferred customers and slowing it down to others is pretty much the same as charging large customers a volume price and smaller customers less. It will work itself out in the wash or anti-trust laws already on the books can deal with the issue. First it will be the speed, then the price and then the content. Not saying it’s the Night and Frog Decree, but it’s the first in many steps that will lead to regulating content. Period.

Quote:
Most of this discussion ignores the fact that more often than not, regulations are used by the dominant players to stifle competition, not to protect consumers.

PJ makes the same point I made albeit it in a more succinct way. Again, I do agree in limited regulation, but if the internet has been around these many years without significant interference from the man, why start now? Monopolies? Like I said, we have laws to deal with that already. What we don’t need is information of any kind being stifled in a labyrinth of bureaucracy.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #33
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
How about we just kill the FCC entirely -- an agency that has long outlived its usefulness.

In south Texas, aren’t many American stations presently being “drowned out” by Mexican border blasters? Similarly, I’d hate to be driving along listening to AC/DC and have some Jimmy Swaggartish ilk “drown them out” simply because he can afford to pay for the extra mega watts. The FCC does meet some needs.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #34
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazomaniac View Post
That's a great idea!

That way we could have 50 individual states plus Guam and Puerto Rico all making up their own rules about spectrum, billing practices, content, etc, etc, etc.

Wouldn't it be convenient to have a cell phone that works in Atlanta but not in Newark?

Or how about the fun of paying a tax on VoIP calls placed to New York but not Minnesota?

How great would it be for businesses if they had to register, pay a franchise tax, and agree to collect local sales taxes just to have their e-commerce site accessible in California?

Think I'm exaggerating?

All of the things I list would have happened if the FCC hadn't stepped in and exerted commerce clause authority to stop them.

The FCC has it's problems, but when you live in a federation you sometimes have to regulate to avoid regulation. The FCC is a the poster child of that idea. We need a federal regulator in this case in order to keep the states from screwing it up even more.

Cheers,
Mazo.
You left out American Samoa, the Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands...but who's counting??
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #35
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
But regulation, no matter how well intended, is never benevolent.
I don't agree with this point at all.

How about child labor laws? What would be the vested interest in government regulating in that area other than benevolence toward children?

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #36
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
You left out American Samoa, the Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands...but who's counting??
Well, I was going to add Canada but I didn't want to piss off Lauren.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #37
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Well, I was going to add Canada but I didn't want to piss off Lauren.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Just by saying that you've implied the US influence there and at the same time said Canada isn't important enough to be a US Territory.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #38
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
I don't agree with this point at all.

How about child labor laws? What would be the vested interest in government regulating in that area other than benevolence toward children?

Cheers,
Mazo.
I think you are right. And I also think benevolent is poor word choice on my part. Perhaps without consequence intentional or otherwise is a better way to describe my thoughts on the regulation no matter how well intended. Regardless, we do need rules and laws and the regulation of said laws. No doubt about it. But, the internet has hobbled along well enough without it. Why start now.

Actually, I almost gave examples of, in my opinion, that are good and bad regulation. Child labor laws were what came to mind as an example of good regulation. The intent and result are moral and admirable.

Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #39
John Bull
Valued Poster

The government gave us Ma Bell and years of little to no improvement of service for the customers. Remember the days of long distance charges that were so high that folks who weren't rich talked on the phone while someone else held a stopwatch so they didn't go to long. That was a product of government controlled monopoly. Spell that many millions in payoffs from Bell to the politicians. Does anyone believe this would be any different - until the ideologues get hold of it! Then it will be different and say goodbye to any site they don't like.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #40
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

And as we saw with the wikileaks thing where they tried to shut down sites linked to wikileaks, government censorship is not a pretty site. Of course, it would have been much worse if W had done it.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #41
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Just by saying that you've implied the US influence there and at the same time said Canada isn't important enough to be a US Territory.
IMPLIED?????

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #42
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
We need a federal regulator in this case in order to keep the states from screwing it up even more.
Good point. Never underestimate the ability of government at any level to fuck up.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #43
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
PJ makes the same point I made albeit it in a more succinct way.
Brevity is my bag.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #44
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
How about protecting the wages of adult labor.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #45
John Bull
Valued Poster

Hell, it's often the government which holds down adult wages.
John Bull is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women