Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60331
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41466
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35846
Mojojo33117

Old 07-20-2016, 11:20 PM   #31
bigryan2222
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumars View Post
As previously stated, 30 days is excessive, I know that but . . . also already stated.

I started using Brita, Pure, to filter my water for coffee years ago. The inside of the water reservoir of the coffee maker would get funky! I have two coffee makers now that I no longer use but still work. Their water reservoirs are almost as pristine as the day I bought them. Apparently, I done did something right. As it turns out, with Flint and everybody else, I may have done more for myself than originally thought.

Yes, I know filters have their limits but I doubt I'll be moving to Chernobyl (sp?) or contaminated areas of the globe. Doubt if I will filter anything more nasty than the Missouri or Kansas River(s). As soon as I figure out how and where, I'm going store 50 or 100 gallons.

As of now I've tasted MH Eggs and Bacon and Breakfast skillet. Both, to me, were perfectly acceptable in taste, no so much for substance, i.e. sticking to your ribs. Gonna need something else. I lasted about 2 hours before I started looking for something in my cabinets. Quaker Oats and more water (and sugar) got me through.

Enough for now.
Something like this is my main water concern. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014...chemical_spill

For about $100 dollars you can get a 39 gallon tank that is upright and built for corners. It would be easy to put one or two in a closet. I have been in towns twice in my life so far that had a serious threat of no water. Once a small town needed to do emergency repairs but was able to give residents a couple days notice to stock up. The other time was in the 93? Floods and the water treatment was knocked offline with only a short period worth of time worth of water in the water towers. Luckily that was resolved before it ran out, but those two times plus what happened in West Virginia will always stick out in my mind as to why you should have water on hand. The minute there is a problem people will panic buy bottled water so I don't want to rely on that.

I always have enough food handy in the cupboards to last a couple weeks so I don't worry about that. Two weeks in I might not feel like canned soup again but it will do if I a blizzard hits and I can't get out for a week. We all have our own concerns about being prepared so our priorities are a little different. The above is the main reason for my on hand water priority.

In the Midwest we have a bunch of disasters that can happen, but we are lucky in that most affect small areas like tornados, have predictable paths like floods, or we can dig our way out of over a few days like blizzards. Some peppers around here bring up hurricane Katrina as why to keep a shit load of stuff on hand. In my mind I can't think of a single event that is likely to affect the Kansas city area that bad which is in my view likely enough to prepare for.

A months worth of food isn't a bad thing. You can always trade some or give some away in a major event if you are comfortable that you have enough to share so I would never knock that. Plus if a financial emergency hit you could supplement loss of money by sneaking a few meals out of it. Most of my preps are two fold. They are either things that work well for camping/disaster or they could work for a financial issue /disaster.

Realistically though I mostly think a lot of prepping is just an expensive hobby. Of course you can rub that comment in my face if something big happens soon haha.

I did forget about the mountain House breakfast skillet. It is OK in my opinion. The other egg stuff from them I would rather not eat. Certainly an emergency is different though. I guess my main point is they make some good meals but only tolerable (my opinion) breakfast.
bigryan2222 is online now   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:38 PM   #32
satan666
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

while water and food are very important items. imo caned foods are an excellent choice above and beyond mre and prepared meals of the sort. most people in a situation that is dire are going to stick too their homes. a water catch system is a key item too have on your property. even if not used for drinking it can be used for cleaning and bathing.

water purification tablets or plain household bleach can be used. another thing people don't think about. if staying in your home have materials to cover windows and doors cover entry points. as stated always someone in a dire circumstance that's willing to take what you have.

if the world goes to shit you will most likely have city water until it runs out as well as natural gas. electricity not so much as the beast has to be fed coal to produce it.

ammunition as well as fuel are things that need stocked up on. 55gal drums are easy to store as long as you put a stabilizer in with it. camp fuels and propane also batteries have a long shelf life and can be an alternative for lighting rather than using up all of your fuels for things like that.

camping type tools like axes and hatchets knifes and the like. bows are also good weapons for a survival situation. silent and retrievable ammo! some form of wood burning apparatus as can be used too cook and heat your living space in the cold months. also need a stockpile of wood too.

now in the event that its an end of the world/apocalypse type scenario. all fuels will eventually run out. and survival will depend on living off wood heat water collection systems hunting your own food. and the only way you will have electricity is if you use solar power or windmill. which are illegal in ks unless your producing for someone else.

and for survival your going to need stockpiles of ammo/arrows for hunting and gathering food. seeds for planting vegetables is also a good thing. which brings back too a water catch system. because your garden will need water to thrive also. if it is an end of the world scenario. you will need to turn your property into a compound. preferably something see through like high fencing with razor wire. if not see through and a cinder block wall there will need to be sentry points.

I can come up with lots more ideas but some place out in the wide open country with no blocked visibility is best so anyone or anything coming can be seen for long distance.
satan666 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #33
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Go to the store and look at the cans; chili, corned beef hash, spam, tuna, chicken all come in cans and all have a shelf life of two years or more. There's no reason to gag down freeze dried anything under almost all circumstances. As far as MREs, they are good in the battle field but they also have about 6,000 calories per package. You'll get fat sitting around waiting for your power to be restored.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:19 PM   #34
bigryan2222
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan666 View Post

if the world goes to shit you will most likely have city water until it runs out as well as natural gas. electricity not so much as the beast has to be fed coal to produce it.
If a major power outage occurs there will be nothing to pump more treated water (plus water treatment requires power) to a water tower and it won't take that long to empty. Plus as the pressure decreases it is more likely to get contaminated. Also, a rain catch doesn't do a lot of good in the summer here at times. I remember one July where KC had .2 inches of rain the entire month.

Humans are soft when it comes to water so it should be something you have on hand for emergencies. Not something you assume you can acquire.
bigryan2222 is online now   Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #35
dumars
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
There's no reason to gag down freeze dried anything under almost all circumstances. As far as MREs, they are good in the battle field but they also have about 6,000 calories per package. You'll get fat sitting around waiting for your power to be restored.
I've tried 4 dehydrated "servings" so far. Only the Wise product caused me to gag. To me it's a matter of how it fills your belly and cost.

Military MREs DO NOT have 6K calories per "package" or meal. Vary around 1,000 or so. Even then, you're likely to save this or that for later. So far, military grade MREs stay with you longer than dehydrated, at least that's been my experience for the past 2 weeks. That's the part I'm counting on and pay for. So far, the only thing that's matched the substance of an MRE is a "2 serving" size of dehydrated something. I'd have to have a "1 serving" of something else to match an MRE if my main item was "1 serving".

I don't do cans of much of anything, ever. So the rotation trick just wouldn't work. Earlier in my life, I like others, did the Chef Boy R Dee thing. That stuff just flowed right through me. Kids love it but no thanks for me.

One other thing that I've fucked with in the past is freezing french toast. I whipped up a batch of 4 or 5 of 1½ bread slice meals. Put them in vacuum bags and ate them over the span of about 3 weeks. The last one was as good as the first. As it turned out one of the bags fell behind something else in the freezer and I didn't find it for at least a month later, probably longer. That 3 half slices of french toast was good also. Rather surprising to me. Justification for further exploration. Would keep me from throwing away eggs!

Wonder what would happen if you cooked then dehydrated Baby Back Ribs and stored them in vacuum bags with oxygen and moisture absorbers?
dumars is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #36
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

In the old days they stored eggs by dipping them completely in melted wax. I understand that this keeps them "fresh" for about 3 months. Fresh is a subjective term and I know of no other way to extend the life of eggs. The good news is that you can keep chickens in a fairly small space which if fair to the chickens and doesn't advertise to your neighbors your continuing source of fresh eggs.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:54 PM   #37
dumars
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumars View Post
Wonder what would happen if you cooked then dehydrated Baby Back Ribs and stored them in vacuum bags with oxygen and moisture absorbers?
I stated the above as a joke. Since then while surfing about I ran across this related item. Thought it was funny as hell and fell right into this string. Ain't even going to try the whole can but one would be interesting.

https://www.campingsurvival.com/futu...ks-10-can.html

Probably intended for overseas shipment to the military . . .

Speaking more of water. I ordered a LifeStraw Family 1.0 filter this past week from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tested this puppy as soon as I got it Saturday! I'm here to tell 'ya it sucks! I tested it very well!! It introduces something into the water to cause it to smell. The final insult came when I took some of the filtered water and ran it through a Brita filter and the smell went away! That is a HEAVY DUTY NO SHIT! Talk about getting disappointed! That's the short version of the story, the long version is every step I took to test it. This thing is going back tomorrow, I'm sticking with Brita!

What makes it worse is heat, as in coffee. Made my usual 1 cup of espresso in my stove top maker. Poured it in my cup and as soon as my nose went over the edge of the cup . . . POW! "What the fuck is that smell?"

Old 07-24-2016, 07:17 PM   #38
bilbobaggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Twinkies. Shit never goes bad and tastes amazing. I Imagine in the zombie apocalypse Twinkies are going to be currency. Maybe sno-cones, but nobody like coconut.
bilbobaggin is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #39
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Dehydrated water for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
In the old days they stored eggs by dipping them completely in melted wax. I understand that this keeps them "fresh" for about 3 months. Fresh is a subjective term and I know of no other way to extend the life of eggs. The good news is that you can keep chickens in a fairly small space which if fair to the chickens and doesn't advertise to your neighbors your continuing source of fresh eggs.

Hey everyone.

I can get anyone who wants it, some Dehydrated water. It takes some time to make because we use a vacuum distillation method. We package the vacuumed product. We sell it for $25 for a case of 12. Just add fresh water to reconstitute the dehydrate.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #40
dumars
Valued Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
Hey everyone.

I can get anyone who wants it, some Dehydrated water. It takes some time to make because we use a vacuum distillation method. We package the vacuumed product. We sell it for $25 for a case of 12. Just add fresh water to reconstitute the dehydrate.

JR
Gonna take a long time to turn a profit on that! But is it safe to drink? Some enterprising Trumpette will take it all off your hands, I'm sure!

Here's an idea. Put some flavoring in it, crush up some no doz pills, throw them in there and call it an "Energy Drink"! You'll clean up!!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #41
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Can you just think how convenient dehydrated water would be? Instead of adding water to bring it back, one could use dihydrogen Oxide.

Still don't get it?

Neither did the last EPA guy I talked to.

JR

Americans died and Hillary lied.
JRLawrence is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women