Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Coed Discussions - Houston
test
Coed Discussions - Houston Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60676
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48606
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42391
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36792
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #31
internet_inventor2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
Awww man... I'm getting into that category. SHIT.
LOL ...last i checked, you still have a sense of humor, lol.
internet_inventor2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #32
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

You see where folk get frustrated?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #33
Htowner
Ambassador

Well I thought the hooktard thing was those who hook but they are tardy at it.
Htowner is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #34
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Damned if that didn't just encompass 99% of this board, Htowner! Surely there's a more exclusive subset that's meant by that term.
ferdburf is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #35
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

I wonder if this place could withstand a hooktard/fucktard thread?
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #36
Wayward
Ambassador of the Dead

Encounters: 3

I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not.
Wayward is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #37
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Their loss...............locks and points only lead to stiffled participation..........it is what it is.

I don't have any use for some of these shit fucks................but, I still thinck they shouldn't get points or have threads locked.

Of course, I am the most easy going guy around here......................I say live and let live.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #38
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

*chuckling* So where is your interrogatory bro dh?
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #39
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

Wow!

This thread is still open?

I am impressed.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #40
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

mmmmmmmmmm

I just love my manposse...............patienc e is a virtue.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #41
SofaKingFun
Unfuckwithable

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONONE View Post
There are other boards. . .
Quote:
Hey, I am compensating for other things that aren't so big. . .
Quote:
Sorry, what was that, DH? I was off playing so I could write another review.
Quote:
Nope, just setting up the date for Tuesday morning. This one will be an epic review. I haven't had the chance to see this gal in over a year and she is incredible!
Quote:
What, did you think sessions just magically appear? You have to play and pay to play.

See, and you guys wonder why your thread's get closed down.
Quote:
That is an easy answer, DH.

As many times as she cares to.

What does your question have to do with closed threads?
Quote:
Ignoring LD, because he is not making sense and he is off topic. . .

So why do you think your threads seem to be getting closed more often than others?
Quote:
Good point, but there is an art to having that fun while still weaving the humor in and out of the original topic. Why not have some fun, generate entertainment, or at least provocative dialogue, but stay cogent to the thread while doing it?

Of course, I am wondering what DH's ramblings on "hooktard behaviour" has to do with thread closings, but maybe he is just getting warmed up before pitching to Babe Ruth.
Quote:
I don't know about any "answer I deserve," but the question I asked, is why do you think your threads tend to get closed down more quickly than others. I saw a flash of a response from you about not coddling f*tards. That seemed like a vigorous response, but you never followed up on it.

Please expand when you can. I don't know who this randyrogue you speak of is, does he have a keener insight on the closing of threads?
Quote:
Wow!

This thread is still open?

I am impressed.
Why do threads get locked? First and foremost, because *some people* just have to post something--usually "off topic"-- such as this particular member's first 4 posts in this thread.~~> Hi-jacking a thread.

I like watching a thread die a natural death. Locking a thread, while certainly easier for Mods/Admins, sucks from this member's perspective. In certain forums--Alerts/Reviews, or certain topics-- yeah, I get it. That's understandable.

But to me,-- and I mean no disrespect-- a locked thread is a sign of weak/poor job moderating. In my eyes, it means that either the Mod. couldn't guide the thread, or that they lost control of it and out of frustration/laziness/or whatever, they've given up and took the easy way out by putting the thread in LockDown.

At least that's my perception of it anyway.

Any and all threads take on a life of their own. Like any discussion there's a natural tendency to drift away from the original topic--somewhat--but a lot of times a thread will correct itself given the opportunity. Should a thread happen to drift too far off-topic, a good Mod will step in only to bring it back on course--not go to the immediate LockDown. If a couple of idiots can't follow the corrective measures, punish them! Don't make the one's who do stay on-topic and who are following directives suffer by locking the thread. That's the easy/lazy way out and it kills discussions--which IS the critical matter of this forum. Isn't it; discussions?

Just take a step back and let the information/discussion flow and back away from the Thread Lock button. That's all.

Again, no disrespect intended, just my two-copperheads on the matter.

SofaKingFun is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #42
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingFun View Post
Why do threads get locked? First and foremost, because *some people* just have to post something--usually "off topic"-- such as this particular member's first 4 posts in this thread
I tend to think that most threads get closed due to violations of board decorum way beyond drifting topics. For instance, personal attacks tend to invite the heavy hand from mods/admins that the OP was objecting to in the first post.

Since you are keeping score, SKF, three of the four, before a mod came in and did a wonderful job of asking us to refocus, were off topic.

My first posting was a direct response to the OP's posted complaint:

"If you don't like the way the mods and admins manage THEIR site, there are other boards you are free to join."

Granted the three posts that followed were off topic banter and I apologize for it and will strive not to let it happen again.

When it comes to closing a thread I am thankful that the mods intervene when a thread becomes either a circle-jerk or little more than a "game of the dozens."

Closing down threads that are frequented by folks that not only engage in personal attacks, but brag about such juvenile behavior and wear it like a badge is good for the over all health of the board.

Pruning is a good practice for mods to engage in. In the end it leads to the kind of growth that we want.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #43
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

.............and here I thought prunes give you the shits.........the bro who thincks he's fucking Chachi should put a schooling on SKF for suggesting that there might be some flaws in his rhetoric.........oh, he did..................never mind.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #44
Htowner
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdburf View Post
Htowner! Surely there's a more exclusive subset that's meant by that term.
Shhhh, I am creating a diversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearhunter View Post
Of course, I am the most easy going guy around here......................I
Well that is not entirely accurate. Wayward is the easiest going guy . He is easily gone all the time. From many boards.
Htowner is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #45
SofaKingFun
Unfuckwithable

Encounters: 28

Quote:
I tend to think that most threads get closed due to violations of board decorum way beyond drifting topics. For instance, personal attacks tend to invite the heavy hand from mods/admins that the OP was objecting to in the first post.

When it comes to closing a thread I am thankful that the mods intervene when a thread becomes either a circle-jerk or little more than a "game of the dozens."

Closing down threads that are frequented by folks that not only engage in personal attacks, but brag about such juvenile behavior and wear it like a badge is good for the over all health of the board.

Pruning is a good practice for mods to engage in. In the end it leads to the kind of growth that we want.
An effective moderator doesn't squash discussions in a discussion forum. An effective moderator steps-in only to guide or reign-in an errant discussion and bring it and bring it back on topic. Should personal attacks occur, or should the topic run off course again, those members who aren't following the moderator's directives should be dealt with individually. Why should the entire discussion be Locked because a few nit-wits can't follow instructions?

With regard to your stating "the kind of growth that we want"; Do you have a gerbils? crabs?? what??? Where do you get this "we" from?

Going by the guidelines at the top of the forum, it seems that on-topic discussions are encouraged--as well they should be. This IS a discussion forum. Just because you don't care for a particular topic or even members posting in that thread, doesn't mean that it's not a topic worthy of discussion and it certainly doesn't fit into that "we" category, it falls into a "they" category--not wrong, just different.

If a member doesn't care to discuss that particular subject and the thread has stayed pretty-much on-topic; following your brilliant logic above, you'd rather see that thread locked than effectively moderated--and you seem fine with that; so long as it's a "we" subject.

Yet when one of YOUR threads--asking members for instructions on how to give a good blow job or whatever the hell it was-- gets locked, you demand to know why it was locked and suddenly it isn't so "wonderful" anymore because NOW you're one of "them".
( http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=26611)

Now ANONONE, seriously. Ask yourself WHY did this bother you so much. Was it because it was YOUR thread? Was it because it contained subject matter that YOU were interested in discussing? Was it because the discussion was squashed and information was not able to flow freely? Was it because you felt it was locked unnecessarily? I'm betting that it was a combination of all the above.

But just play along.

Now how would you feel if some nit-wits came into your happy little "How Can I Give A Better Blow Job" thread and posted some off-topic crap which led to am immediate lock-down? Discussion's over. No dealing with the individual nit-wits. No moderation. Done!

Is that fair? Is that effective moderating? Is that the type of growth "we" (meaning you and the gerbil/crabs/??) want? How in the hell can a discussion board grow if discussions are continually squashed instead of effectively moderated?
SofaKingFun is offline   Quote