Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162471
Yssup Rider60308
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35797
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #31
slowmover
Premium Access

Encounters: 53

Bigbob it would make no sense that they raise their own cattle and onions. Where did you read this? If this is true I'd be interested in knowing more.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #32
bigbobftworth
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

BoltFan you know nothing about the restaurant industry. The technical people at Whataburger many many many years ago helped to develop what is known as a "super cooler" it keeps the meet right above freezing, 34 degrees and their product is never frozen.

Whataburger purchases beef cattle and then has a processor supply the meat to the distributor for the restaurants. By purchasing the live cattle, Whataburger can control not only the cost but the actual feed and processing of the cattle.

And yes Whataburger has a farm and they raise their own onions. Many chains do this same thing. Cost and product control is important to many chains. McDonald's has certain farms that grow their potatos here in the states.

I worked for both Whataburger and McDonalds in an upper management position and very familiar with many of the major restaurant companies. I have seen the good, bad and ugly of restaurant chains.

In N Out will experience some problems here, it happens when you are coming into a new market so far from the home base. How many of you remember when Carl's Jr first came to the DFW area? Carls thought they had found a gold mine here, cheap real estate, lots of bodies and great opprotunity. I bought 8 of their closed restaurants and converted them to Whataburger. In N Out has a loyal following, but can such a small chain do well this far away from their home market? Time will tell.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #33
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

BBFW,

Why do you so hate In n Out? It wont threaten your pizza chains will it? Just because Whataburger failed in their expansions further from home you assume In n Out will experience issues as well. Maybe they are better at running burger joints than you.

God you are so bitter sometimes.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #34
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
We could start another discussion about Pinks. I am yet to find a good place for a dog here in DFW.

Is there a 5 Guys between Euless and Frisco on 121? I get to journey up there this evening. Good burger and a BJ on the way home. What a night!
try out Everyone's Frank Artisan Sausage Grill. outstanding dogs & sausages. One in Plano & Addison.

http://www.everyonesfrank.com/

JPdM
Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #35
Boltfan

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give them a try this weekend.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #36
bigbobftworth
Account Disabled

I dont hate In N Out, I have had their product and it is good. I just prefer a good old Whataburger. But since my surgery in 2004 its kind of a mute point, I dont eat fast food and almost no meat. Whataburger has about 750 restaurants now and they average about $1.6 million per location from Florida to Arizona, thats pretty strong numbers. Not many chains in the fast food with drive thru segment can boast such a unit average. Although I think In N Out might do about the same per unit numbers.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #37
bigbobftworth
Account Disabled

I stand corrected In N Out Burger averages $2.1 million per restaurant!!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #38
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobftworth View Post
I stand corrected In N Out Burger averages $2.1 million per restaurant!!!!

yeah, their concept allows them to make some more bucks inside and outside of their facility.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #39
Boltfan

Can't beat their T-Shirts for original artwork and cost. $8 for a good shirt. Always enjoy seeing the new art.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #40
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Can't beat their T-Shirts for original artwork and cost. $8 for a good shirt. Always enjoy seeing the new art.
Kincaids has some t-shirts at a low price too. I bought the red shirt that says "Want a Quarter Pounder? Cut it in Half."
Old 09-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #41
Jules Jaguar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 15434
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

omg ive died and gone to heaven as a LA native i grew up on in & out and have been craving one for almost 2years since coming here!!!!!!! im sooooo happy i almost cried!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #42
Jules Jaguar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 15434
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
We could start another discussion about Pinks. I am yet to find a good place for a dog here in DFW.

Is there a 5 Guys between Euless and Frisco on 121? I get to journey up there this evening. Good burger and a BJ on the way home. What a night!
try wild about harrys on knox/mckinney here in dallas its no pinks but its the closest you will find here in dfw
Old 09-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #43
Boltfan

LA girl huh?

Pretty cool. Lots of good food here in DFW but lots to miss as well.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #44
Dingus
Lifetime Premium Access

Some of my favorite burger finds:
Love Shack - Fort Worth Stockyards (there is another location - SO7 - but I don't like it as well as the Stockyards location)
NW Point & Midway Point - both in Dallas
The Loon - Dallas
Pappas - I-30 in FW - not my favorite but good.

None are fast food, but they are good burgers, and beer is sold at all. I've only been to the In N Out in Vegas. My expectations must have been too high because I was a little let down.

Another burger place I tried is Burguesa Burger on Inwood in Dallas - little drive through place but good. A spicy burger with a Mexican twist.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #45
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

12Burgers at the NE corner of Preston and Beltline has some damn fine burgers. 4.99 ain't bad for the Diablo Burger. It's spicy as hell with very fresh ground beef.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women