Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70747
biomed162848
Yssup Rider60528
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42018
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36396
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #31
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Finally someone who gets it.

This is where Mitt will get exposed if he gets the nomination.

The Tax Code is fuc'd up.

Mitt is not a Corp.

Mitt is not investing his money, he was investing others. Why should he pay such a low rate. He is basically a money manger. Getting paid for doing the research. He should have to pay taxes as if that was ordinary income. No different than any other person getting paid for advice.

Big Banking BS has done a number on some of you. They have you thinking that they should be taxed lower than the rest of us or our world will collaspe. Nothing is further from the truth. Their fuc'n world would!
so much posting so little knowledge

then you guys just blithely move on to your next bullshit post

i was gonna explain it to you again but theres no hope
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #32
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
I assume that the issue WTF is referring to here involves what is called "carried interest."

Why does the carried interest break still exist, you might ask? Various journalists began talking about it four years or so ago. (It's existed for a long time.) The reason, of course, is money. Greenwich hedge funds managers spread plenty of that around. Senators Clinton and Schumer (NY) ran interference for years.

not sure WTF ever knows what he refers to but.....

there is a concept in the law...called the "pooling of interests" doctrine

where two or more like-minded individuals come together to form a partnership for a business purpose, they "pool" together their various capabilties.

i ran into this years ago when i didnt have much money but a rich guy and i joined together to build an apartment complex in corpus christi.

he had the money and financing and i had some construction experience.

the irs audited me and tried to say i had income merely on the forming of the partnership. i said hey, no way....

anyway they finally gave up because theres a long standing ..or was maybe im not sure.... doctrine that says if people come together for the formation of a business venture and they bring different assets or capabilities to the joint venture, there is no income on the mere formation of a partnership because each person maintains their own capital as their investment. There is only income upon the ultimate success and realization of profits in the venture, not in its formation prior to any realized profit. otherwise people would get taxed on nothing, no success, nothing, just an agreement to do something.

the irs tried to say i had "earned" income by working in the partnership even though i didnt receive any money. well, some to live on, but i paid tax on that. they wanted me to pay tax on my work without getting any money. my partner, who had the money?... the irs didnt try to say he had income as the walls went up, so that was unfair to me to say i had income because money was being spent on the walls.

on a macro basis, theres two elements of this doctrine: 1. the syndicator and 2. the investor. if a syndicator should be taxed currently as the worth of a venture increases why isnt an investor taxed on the same basis? on the mere putting of money into a venture as work is done toward the ventures goal and his portion increases in value? the economy would shudder to a standstill if investors were taxed on investing.

its the same issue in the oil business, getting together money to be an independent and find a lease and drill a well. you raise money and you oversee the leasing, drilling and completion.

a few years later, i sold out my interest because i needed the money, and i had the type of gain that the characteristics of my investment rendered.

as far as romney is concerned, his syndicator days are far in the past. his income now is from being on the investor side and his capital gains that are of such feigned alarm to some are from investing.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women