Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35785
Mojojo33117

Old 11-29-2014, 11:59 PM   #31
broes
Reverse Apache Master

I gotta admit, I would have loved to see a lot of the shows that you guys are talking about. Unfortunately I was still swimming around in a testicle at the time.
broes is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:02 AM   #32
RicardusRex68
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

In a previous job when living in the Minneapolis area, I could get all the comp tickets I wanted to a suite at Target Center. Among the most memorable concerts I attended were: 1) Prince (dude, it's his hometown; party at Paisley Park afterwards), 2) Bon Jovi, 3) AC/DC (Angus: need I say more?), 4) Ted Nugent and 5) Garth Brooks.
RicardusRex68 is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:25 AM   #33
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

The best was Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, the welcome back my friends tour. Lots of close seconds. Van Halen, Eagles, The Boss, shit too damn many to list.

The worst Led Zepplin at Nassau Colostrum. Half the people left 45 minutes into the show. They were fucking wasted.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:25 AM   #34
crazysauce
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by broes View Post
I gotta admit, I would have loved to see a lot of the shows that you guys are talking about. Unfortunately I was still swimming around in a testicle at the time.
Agreed! Many great bands and artists mentioned - but has anyone seen anything of recent or by artists that aren't registered with AARP?
crazysauce is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:55 AM   #35
Numbersboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 64

My best concert was Stevie Ray Vaughn in Austin in either '89 or'90. Awesome musician.
Numbersboy is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #36
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbersboy View Post
My best concert was Stevie Ray Vaughn in Austin in either '89 or'90. Awesome musician.
I remember seeing SRV at different clubs around Dallas before he made it.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #37
midgetwrestler
Account Disabled

1. Beatles 1966 Houston at the old Sam Houston Coliseum
2. Eric Clapton and Robert Cray Dallas
3. Santana House of Blues Las Vegas this year
4. Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood
5. Eagles all of them
6. Joe Cocker in Dallas
midgetwrestler is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #38
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysauce View Post
Agreed! Many great bands and artists mentioned - but has anyone seen anything of recent or by artists that aren't registered with AARP?

no.. because new music sucks.. I am going to 3 concerts this week.. yes, 3, and they are all older artists..

tomorrow, Ace Frehley, at Trees.. age 63
Tuesday night, Darlene Love at the Eismann Theater.. age 73
Saturday, Bobby Bare at Caldwell Auditorium, Tyler, Tx.. age 79

I'm into old fart music.. the younger artists wish they could perform compelling music like these old farts.. the younger artists are so boring, I wouldn't bother to stream and listen to their music for free..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #39
Alastair
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Best: Lolapalooza 1991 (the first one: Rollins Band, Butthole Surfers, Violent Femmes, Body Count, Siouxsie & the Banshees, and Jane's Addiction - Living Colour was there but they were boring as shit.) It was like the final send off of good music as far as I was concerned!

Worst: Black Sabbath 1999 Last Supper tour at Starplex. Ozzy was sick and just stood there barely singing, no encore, and being the 3rd time I'd seen them since the partial reunion in 1997 at Ozzfest, it was too much of the same thing only worse. I made a vow after that to never see a band more than twice if they were good shows!
Alastair is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #40
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
Worst: Black Sabbath 1999 Last Supper tour at Starplex. Ozzy was sick and just stood there barely singing, no encore, and being the 3rd time I'd seen them since the partial reunion in 1997 at Ozzfest
I saw them in January 1999, at Reunion.. you were probably there, too? Pantera opened.. I'm guessing they returned in the Summer, without Pantera?

I was at the 1997 Ozzfest, too.. Pantera played before Sabbath.. I arrived minutes before Pantera's set, I didn't care to see those that preceded them.. as I walked to my seat, the usher's looked nervous as Hell, instructing me to take my seat fast.. I wondered why they cared so much?

I found out quickly.. as Pantera hit the stage, and before I got to my seat, an avalanch of people stormed from they back of the ampitheater, towards the front.. the usher I had just spoken with, a female, maybe 110 pounds, proceeded to throw herself at one guy, semi-tackling him, to keep him from advancing.. other ushers tried to block people, more still stood by and watched.. I was dumbfounded at how those ushers would try to block people.. are you kidding? I'm not getting paid enough to play middle linebacker at Starplex.

there were hundreds of people that crowded and stood as close to the stage, as possible.. meanwhile, in the ensuing chaos, I quietly took an unoccupied seat closer than my original seat, and enjoyed the show..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #41
broes
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I saw them in January 1999, at Reunion.. you were probably there, too? Pantera opened.. I'm guessing they returned in the Summer, without Pantera?

I was at the 1997 Ozzfest, too.. Pantera played before Sabbath.. I arrived minutes before Pantera's set, I didn't care to see those that preceded them.. as I walked to my seat, the usher's looked nervous as Hell, instructing me to take my seat fast.. I wondered why they cared so much?

I found out quickly.. as Pantera hit the stage, and before I got to my seat, an avalanch of people stormed from they back of the ampitheater, towards the front.. the usher I had just spoken with, a female, maybe 110 pounds, proceeded to throw herself at one guy, semi-tackling him, to keep him from advancing.. other ushers tried to block people, more still stood by and watched.. I was dumbfounded at how those ushers would try to block people.. are you kidding? I'm not getting paid enough to play middle linebacker at Starplex.

there were hundreds of people that crowded and stood as close to the stage, as possible.. meanwhile, in the ensuing chaos, I quietly took an unoccupied seat closer than my original seat, and enjoyed the show..
Pantera shows were always chaotic. Didn't matter if you saw them at Dallas City Limits (which is the Lodge now) or Starplex. The first time I saw them headline Starplex was before the venue realized that they needed to remove a few rows of seats down front to allow room for a pit. Before the first song of their set was over, the crowd had pulled multiple rows of chairs out of the concrete and were throwing them around in the air. There were broken screws sticking up out of the floor and chair parts everywhere.
broes is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #42
bigredonetx
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

Best - AC/DC 1981
Worst - The Who 1982 -
Their first farwell tour. should have been their last tour.
Wasted $16.00 and The Clash and Santana destroyed The Who as lower acts on the bill.
The Who had zero stage presence and had no energy.
I was excited to see them too. Huge disapointment.
bigredonetx is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #43
Alastair
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
Yeah I was at that show, and when they came back through in the summer it was supposed to be their last tour (yeah, right.) Rob Zombie opened and he was pretty cool - at least he had a fun stage show. I didn't expect smoke and fire from Black Sabbath, but it was the same set list I saw earlier at Reunion Arena (a really great show) except Tony Iommi did a long intro to Snowblind which was pretty cool. It was Ozzy that fucked it all up. It was stupid how bad he was. They should've postponed the show. I was terribly disappointed and was happy to see them years later with Dio in the Heaven and Hell era concerts they did on their own and supporting Judas Priest.

I'm not a metal head, but I love me some Sabbath! Or I did before that crappy show...!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #44
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Best: Peter Murphy at the Ogden in Denver (totally surreal) and the Smokin' Grooves Tour at Red Rocks (just the best experience ever).

Worst: New Kids On The Block at Fiddler's Green in Littleton, CO (utter waste of my allowance money).

Probably the best I can't really remember all that well (but keep the bragging rights) was Michael Jackson's Victory Tour at Mile High. The thing I do remember is wearing that oversized replica sequin white glove for months! Lol!!!
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #45
Alastair
Valued Poster

I saw Peter Murphy in 1988 on the Love Hysteria tour and at the Holy Smoke tour of 92. He is fantastic in concert!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women