Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #31
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
. . . This country is finally on the road to prosperity once again!

No it isn't.

We will be stuck in a slow-growth mode for a long time to come. Wave after wave of bad economic policy tends to do that. Some of you partisan cheerleaders need to step back and consider that the economy doesn't care which party shoved through the anti-growth economic agenda, or whether both parties combined to produce the failures (as is the case here). Any way you slice it, bad policy is bad policy.

And I already explained that tax cuts for the "rich" only contribute a tiny bit to the deficits. Do the arithmetic.

The Iraq War was a much bigger problem, but even its cost pales in comparison to all the entitlement expansions and payoffs to favored political constituencies.

We're squandering our resources wastefully and ineffectively, and at a staggering rate. The really sad thing is that we do have critical infrastructure needs that should be addressed. For instance, just look at the pitiful condition of our water distribution infrastructure in many areas. It's a national embarrassment.

Instead of fixing things that need to be fixed, political hacks are just continuing their favorite vote-buying schemes. And now it's worse than ever, since we have deficit concerns that no one is going to address.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
HoustonMilfDebbie
Account Disabled

User ID: 125890
My ECCIE Reviews

Here's an easy way to look at things. If you aren't born rich, you are on your own baby! Moving to a country where the cost of living is cheaper makes a lot of sense to me. More and more Americans are doing it! Once a lot of the babyboomers move overseas to places like Costa Rica, Venezuela, and other Southern American countries, they sure won't be spending their money here.
HoustonMilfDebbie is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #33
HoustonMilfDebbie
Account Disabled

User ID: 125890
My ECCIE Reviews

Another thing that's really sad is how many younger men join the service just to get a job. And I don't think an entry level private makes that much! I think most of the profits from the wars goes to the major corporations who obtain the defense contracts from the government. Maybe that's why the non-stop wars?
HoustonMilfDebbie is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #34
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
You mean, no body armour, no plating on vehicles, blah, blah, blah,

Yes..blah blah blah..........Bush's fault.. blah blah blah...
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

What I don't understand is why the deferral of the sequester is even an option. The whole point of that was to cut spending as part of the deficit ceiling agreement. I guess now they want to defer it again so that they can use it as the cuts for the next deficit ceiling increase. I hope the house takes that out.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #36
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
And FastGoon, you are an idiot.
Has anyone other than me noticed that when StupidOldFart is losing an argument he will always resort to the (fill in the blank), "you are an idiot" card.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #37
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Its just disgusting. No one there has any real intention of actually, or even attempting to, balance the "budget" (if there actually was one) and reduce the deficit.

Hopefully the house will reject this crap and let it go over the cliff.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #38
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Has anyone other than me noticed that when StupidOldFart is losing an argument he will always resort to the (fill in the blank), "you are an idiot" card.
I asked FastGoon to explain his position. He couldn't. I haven't lost any argument, BigTurdLittleDick. I was trying to start one.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #39
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I

Hopefully the house will reject this crap and let it go over the cliff.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #40
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I asked FastGoon to explain his position. He couldn't. I haven't lost any argument, BigTurdLittleDick. I was trying to start one.
You asked Fast Gunn to explain the differences between fiscal policies of Obama and Bush.

Fast Gunn responded by saying:

"Well, I am glad that you at least concede that the two Presidents had dramatically different visions of how the country should be operated.

As for the easy money policy, I think it makes a world of difference in how you use that easy money that makes it either good or bad.

Bush squandered the wealth of this country on his idiotic wars and tax cuts for the rich which is essentially what got us into this mess. That was bad anyway you slice it.

Right now, the economy is fragile and still recovering from the worst recession since the Great Depression so it is responsible and right to do whatever we can to help it fully recover. We have ended the war in Iraq. We have taken out OBL. We have rescued Detroit. We have elected the right man to highest office. This is good, but it must be measured.

. . . This country is finally on the road to prosperity once again!'

StupidOldFart, it may not have been the differences you wanted to hear but even a StupidOldFart should be able to recognize that he pointed out differences in policy. Well, maybe not every StupidOldFart, but most!

From my perspective, you were losing the argument and every time you are losing you quickly throw out the (fill in the blank), "you are an idiot" card.

I am not going out on a limb by saying, StupidOldFart, you are a fucking idiot!

Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #41
LexusLover
Valued Poster

And, I was opening a second economic collapse would drive down the price of pussy. So much for market dynamics.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #42
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Well, BigTurdLittleDick, how did taking out OBL help the economy? And why are there still troops in Iraq? And why have we escalated the "idiotic" war in Afghanistan? And why have deficits continued to increase under Obama, with no end in sight? And why does the President want an unlimited debt ceiling if he wants to balance the budget? And why will have to rescue Detroit again? And how much will the tax increase on the "rich" reduce the deficit? And why does the President want the authority to indefinitely detain American citizens without due process?

If you and FastGoon can't answer those questions, then you are truly the "fucking idiots" for ignoring the truth.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #43
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Anybody who actually thinks that "this country is finally on the road to prosperity once again" is brain dead.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #44
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Operation Pretzel Twist, Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
You asked Fast Gunn to explain the differences between fiscal policies of Obama and Bush.

Fast Gunn responded by saying:

"Well, I am glad that you at least concede that the two Presidents had dramatically different visions of how the country should be operated.

As for the easy money policy, I think it makes a world of difference in how you use that easy money that makes it either good or bad.

Bush squandered the wealth of this country on his idiotic wars and tax cuts for the rich which is essentially what got us into this mess. That was bad anyway you slice it.

Right now, the economy is fragile and still recovering from the worst recession since the Great Depression so it is responsible and right to do whatever we can to help it fully recover. We have ended the war in Iraq. We have taken out OBL. We have rescued Detroit. We have elected the right man to highest office. This is good, but it must be measured.

. . . This country is finally on the road to prosperity once again!'

StupidOldFart, it may not have been the differences you wanted to hear but even a StupidOldFart should be able to recognize that he pointed out differences in policy. Well, maybe not every StupidOldFart, but most!
And with respect to economic policy, everything he said in the excerpt you quoted is either a non sequitur or completely wrong. I explained that clearly enough in post #24.

It's astonishing to see people lambaste our terrible economic agenda under George W. Bush, but openly cheer the same nonsense when it's continued and expanded by a president of their party!

If that's something other than blind partisanship, I'd love to see you guys twist yourself into pretzels trying to explain what it is.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #45
skirtchaser79411
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

IT IS TIME TO SEND JOHN BONHEAD AND ERIC CLANTON OVER THE CLIFF WITH THE REST OF THEIR PARTY
skirtchaser79411 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women