Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 390
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70706
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60352
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48432
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41485
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35847
Mojojo33117

Old 03-15-2016, 11:05 AM   #31
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzbakwerdz View Post
........Once again Nash walked....everyone seems to forget that, he CHOSE to leave.......

Yeah, he walked all right. However....

......only after Cuban gave him little to no choice in the matter. Could Steve Nash have stayed with the Mavs and shunned Phoenix's offer? Of course he could have. But the critics would have come out of the floorboards and absolutely killed him for making such a decision.

For the record, Nash was never offered an extension during the '03 - '04 season by the Mavs. Nash opted out at the end of the season and became a free agent (however) he remained steadfast in his desire to stay in Dallas.

Phoenix stepped up and made him a six-yr $63 million dollar offer. Nash and his agent took it back to Cuban, who refused to match (sticking with his original offer of 4 yrs @ $9m per). Cuban was absolutely certain the 30-yr old Nash was on the decline. And as we all know, that assessment was dead wrong.......Nash went to improve on his career numbers to win two league MVP awards (and be a runner-up to Dirk in a third year).
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #32
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
Yeah, he walked all right. However....

......only after Cuban gave him little to no choice in the matter. Could Steve Nash have stayed with the Mavs and shunned Phoenix's offer? Of course he could have. But the critics would have come out of the floorboards and absolutely killed him for making such a decision.

For the record, Nash was never offered an extension during the '03 - '04 season by the Mavs. Nash opted out at the end of the season and became a free agent (however) he remained steadfast in his desire to stay in Dallas.

Phoenix stepped up and made him a six-yr $63 million dollar offer. Nash and his agent took it back to Cuban, who refused to match (sticking with his original offer of 4 yrs @ $9m per). Cuban was absolutely certain the 30-yr old Nash was on the decline. And as we all know, that assessment was dead wrong.......Nash went to improve on his career numbers to win two league MVP awards (and be a runner-up to Dirk in a third year).
One of the two worst moves in Mavs history. Probably the worst. But letting Sam Perkins go in free agency with no compensation was pretty bad, too.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:19 PM   #33
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

I get what your saying....I just have this thing about the didn't offer Nash and let him walk thing people say, its a bit disingenuous to me, that's all.
Cuban isn't the only one thinking he was done, how many games he miss? How many injuries etc...everyone did and no one thought he was worth that money lol not with the back problems he was having.
Hey, maybe he was dogging it all along ROFL.
I'm not a Nash hater, just didn't like his game, zero D, no effort at all....wasted MVP if you ask me, no way he deserved it, just my take.
Azzbakwerdz is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #34
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
One of the two worst moves in Mavs history. Probably the worst. But letting Sam Perkins go in free agency with no compensation was pretty bad, too.
Can't argue with Sam Perkins....killed me man, ugh, Mavs MBT
Old 03-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #35
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
If they manage to hold onto the 8th spot, we might witness an all-time history making blanking at the hands of the Warriors. Might Golden State sweep them with a (cumulative) triple-digit point differential? Possible....stay tuned.

That said, I'd so much rather watch them play GS in the first round than Western Conference runner-up San Antonio. I can't stand the thought of the Spurs knocking our Mavs out "one more time".....we've been there, done that, turn the page. Let's at least watch something new and entertaining.....and the Warriors (Curry, Thompson, etc) will certainly provide that.
Ha ha no doubt! I can't stand the dam Spurs!
Yep, I could watch Curry drop 50 a game and Thompson try to keep up, wouldn't bother me one bit, Curry is tha man....altho I hate what they are doing to the league, they are fun to watch!
Hey don't get me wrong, I love some Mavs, I just get sooooo frustrated with them, went to a lot of Mavs games in the early 80's, so I've seen bad, these guys just throw down bad effort way too often.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #36
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Five consecutive losses....Mavs sit at .500 (33-33) and in 8th place (2 games ahead of 9th place, Utah). This mess is going absolutely No Where.....

Looking at the upcoming schedule (at Charlotte tonight) the Mavs could (if they lose this one) hit double-digit losses (ie: Cleve....GS and Port, twice each, at Sac, at Den....)

The patchwork Mavs need an overhaul going forward.....Cuban & Donnie are wasting aging superstar Dirk's efforts (he hit 30 points again the other night in another loss). Carlisle has to be exhausted taking the bullet for these inexplicable losses (when it's really the roster...the lack of talent....not him).

It's a shame. Cuban blew it up 5 years ago right after the championship (never giving the team nor the fans an opportunity to defend their crown). Cuban made a bad call letting Steve Nash go....not allowing Donnie to draft the Greek Freak.....and thinking / hoping free agents (ie: Howard, Chris Paul, Jordan, etc) would ever come to Dallas.
Mavs can beat cavs, done it, they just have to want it, I can't stand lefraud and that makes it even harder to watch for me.
Shame? How bout effed up, my friend, he knows super stars aren't coming here....they already would have lol.
Your right tho, gotta draft right, draft period and develop, let em play, watch pop in SA, he gets it, done it and done it.
Love Carlisle, but he has to realize this team is going nowhere with this roster and lack of wing talent, has to know.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:19 PM   #37
White Tiger
Stalking Beauty

Encounters: 154

Ive been aseason ticket holder for 12 years. Nash did not want to leave. Cuban now admits that was a huge mistake. Nash was 2x MVP after leaving and Dirk was one man show. They had the best 2 man game in the league and would have been almost unstoppable together. Dirk finally ends up winning it all on a team with no other all stars, almost unheard of, and Nash never wins anything.
White Tiger is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:19 AM   #38
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

I go back and forward on Nash and Dirk, I don't know if we get the trophy with Nash, he just refused to play even decent D, like he was allergic. We didn't have issues at the point in the championship year, at least defense anyway.
Would Dirk be the leader he is with Nash here is my question.
I think all of Nash's MVP's are kinda empty, guess it's cool to be MVP, but no serious title runs like Dirk had makes them kinda meaningless on my end. Nash was a good player but in the end, like you said, Dirk willed it to happen.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #39
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzbakwerdz View Post
.........I don't know if we get the trophy with Nash, he just refused to play even decent D........we didn't have issues at the point in the championship year, at least defense anyway.

It's one of those unknowns we'll truly never come up with an answer to per the Nash-Dirk "what if" question....

But...as mentioned....Kidd's coach-on-the-court presence and physical contributions were key in Dallas beating Miami that second time around.

Flashing back, if I may for a moment, to those '06 Finals, I believe Kidd would have been that missing "X-factor". First, he'd have instructed Avery to sit down and STFU. Then he'd have figured out the keys to slowing down Wade in games 3-6 (in spite of the obviously terrible officiating that sent him to the free throw line a record 97 times). Little question he'd have been an obvious upgrade over the overwhelmed Marquis Daniels and the off the bench guffaws of the brain-dead Josh Howard.

That said, (had he been on the roster) Nash also would have been an upgrade over those two yahoos...both who unraveled at times during those pivotal games.

For the record, in '05-'06, Nash lead the NBA that season with 10.5 assists per gm (only player in double-digits) while averaging 19 ppg. The Heat would have had to account for Nash when he had the ball in his hands and it's conceivable he'd have picked them apart. Dirk and Terry would've have accounted for an additional dozen or so clean shots on basket per game (instead of Daniels and Howard throwing up bricks) and that would have been church.

Yes, yes, I know it's easy to be a revisionist of history, right. This being the 10 year anniversary of what is easily the top ranked worst officiated championship series in the history of the NBA, Mavs fans are still irked they were cheated by the blatantly bad calls (and non-calls).....especially by one Bennett Salvatore.

I know these are the railings of a Dallas homer, right.....so be it. Victories are great and all but for some reason it's the losses that are hard to let go.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #40
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

Agree on Everything you said, that's what I was thinking with Kids, along those lines, and yes, the losses are hard to take for us homers, ugh 06 lol
NBA dictated that series, no question, my sun can't even talk about it lol
Old 03-16-2016, 05:37 PM   #41
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Nash gave huge effort. I agree with you on the screen door defense, but it wasn't for lack of effort. He just didn't have much lateral movement and was short for a PG.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #42
MRMR
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Loved Nash, but no D.
I thought he was done as well.
But I could look good throwing it up to the athletic Guys he had in Phoenix.
Great Guy and very Good Player but I would not have signed him either at that time.
Hindsight 20/20

Looks like we may have to rebuild thru the Draft as we are not getting any upper end Free Agents these days and that will be the tough part to get Cuban to buy in as if we continue as an 7-8 seed I am not going to renew (already did for next year but)
MRMR is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #43
Starboi08
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Went to the game last night. Mavs came to play but steph and them boys couldn't miss fTom deep. David Lee played well wish we could have kept him but it is what it is. Looks like this could be a preview of a 1st Rd match up.
Starboi08 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #44
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Huge home and home back to back with Portland coming up. These two games will set the tone for the rest of the season and playoff seeding, or perhaps not making the playoffs. I'm cautiously optimistic given the way we played the last two games. But we have a troubling tendency to play up (or down to) the opponent on any given night. Should be interesting.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #45
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake777745 View Post
Went to the game last night. Mavs came to play but steph and them boys couldn't miss fTom deep. David Lee played well wish we could have kept him but it is what it is. Looks like this could be a preview of a 1st Rd match up.
Dallas was doing great but those 3 point shots by gs killed them
BLM69 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women