Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162982
Yssup Rider60631
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48575
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42231
CryptKicker37196
The_Waco_Kid36617
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #31
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Liberals like you are desperate to find evil in everything America does, always looking for any excuse to demonize America
Change "liberals" to "people"...and change "America" to "Obama"...and voila!
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #32
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Enlighten me. Share your wisdom. What have we taken from other countries by going to war? For instance, explain to me what we've taken from Afghanistan. They seem to have an abundance of dirt and rocks. Is that why we're there?

You guys have picked a bad day to spew your anti-American crap. This is Memorial Day weekend. Imperfect as we are, America has used it's military as a force for good in the world. America is on the verge of bankruptsy, and very soon, may no longer be a superpower. The vacuum left behind, from downsizing our military, will be filled by Russia, China and the Islamists. It's going to be a dark age.
Question asked
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The point of our current wars is not to bring anything back. The point is to make money for the war profiteers that run the government. Keep the wars going as long as you can, and if one has to end (Iraq) make sure you have another one lined up (Iran). Keep the money flowing. And don't worry, only poor kids enlist anyway, like they would have had a life.
Question answered.

Wars are fought for resources (or access to them) joe blow. You are naive if you think otherwise.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
. Liberals like you are desperate to find evil in everything America does, always looking for any excuse to demonize America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Change "liberals" to "people"...and change "America" to "Obama"...and voila!
Quote:
. People like you are desperate to find evil in everything Obama does, always looking for any excuse to demonize Obama.

There fixed that for you jb. See how easy it is to demonize!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #34
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Telling the truth about Obama is demonization?

If the shoe fits . . .
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #35
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Telling the truth about Obama is demonization?

If the shoe fits . . .
Telling the truth about America and its wars is demonization?

If the shoe fits...

See how easy this is COG!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #36
ForumPoster
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 16998
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonMilfDebbie View Post
It would seem that the human race would have risen above the violence we see every day in this world. I was watching CNN today and was appalled to see the massacre of women and children in Syria. Are we still animals? I just can't believe that with the intelligence we possess, we are still unable to solve conflicts peacefully. We really do need a woman president!

It is unfortunate, but we are what we are. Bulgakov has wonderful passage on the subject of Evil in the world

“But would you kindly ponder this question: What would your good do if evil didn't exist, and what would the earth look like if all the shadows disappeared? After all, shadows are cast by things and people. Here is the shadow of my sword. But shadows also come from trees and living beings. Do you want to strip the earth of all trees and living things just because of your fantasy of enjoying naked light? ”
ForumPoster is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #37
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Some forget that evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Looked at through the wrong lens, you may be the next evil.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #38
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Question askedQuestion answered.

Wars are fought for resources (or access to them) joe blow. You are naive if you think otherwise.
The accusation was made that we go to war to take things from other countries. I asked for an example of America taking anything from another country because we went to war with them. I'm still waiting for an answer.

You say "wars are fought for resourses." I'll ask you again, what resourses are we seeking in Afghanistan?

I think liberals demonize the military partly because popular culture has made it fashionable. America's military is almost always portrayed unsympathically in books, movies and television. The average person is sheeplike and is easily programmed to believe whatever popular culture puts in his head.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #39
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Telling the truth about America and its wars is demonization?

If the shoe fits...

See how easy this is COG!
The problem is that you don't tell the truth about our wars, or anything else for that matter.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #40
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation War

We did not go into Afghanistan for dirt and rocks.

We went there to dismantle the corrupt Taliban regime because they supported terrorists that attacked the United States, primarily Al-Qaeda.

Is your memory really so poor or have you been living under a rock?

However, personally, I think we should get our butts out of there now that we took down Osama Bin Laden and smashed Al-Qaeda, but the current plan is to get out in 2014.

. . . That policy is about the only one where I differ drastically with President Obama, but I will admit that I do not know all of the subtle background that might prevent us from moving out now, but I doubt it would change my mind on the matter.

Quote:
Enlighten me. Share your wisdom. What have we taken from other countries by going to war? For instance, explain to me what we've taken from Afghanistan. They seem to have an abundance of dirt and rocks. Is that why we're there?
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #41
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The accusation was made that we go to war to take things from other countries. I asked for an example of America taking anything from another country because we went to war with them. I'm still waiting for an answer.

You say "wars are fought for resourses." I'll ask you again, what resourses are we seeking in Afghanistan?

I am going to play some golf. I will give you an earful when I get back . You are naive if you think we fight wars because we are benevolent.

Briefly , Afgan is a gateway for transmission of resources.

You really need to be better informed.

Remember John Wayne is not where you get information on wars...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #42
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
I'm not anti-American bro, unless you consider our founding fathers foreign policies anti-American as well.

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations -- entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

"the great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible." - George Washington

These policies are not complicated.

Ohh, and I forgot to answer your first question. The lives of their innocent.
The founding fathers were, for the most part, wise men, but they were only human. Their beliefs about foreign policy, in some ways, do not make sense today. If the founders were alive today, I believe they would hold different views, on foreign policy, that were consistant with a different set of circumstances. Two hundred years ago, if a country decided to wage war against America, it would take months for the invasion to take place. Today, missiles can be launched from thousands of miles away and blow up American cities hours later.

America was relatively isolationist in the thirties and early forties, before the attack on Pearl Harbor. Many Americans believed that Europe's problems were none of our business. We watched as Hitler invaded one country after another, because after all it, wasn't our problem. Had America entered the war earlier, much of the carnage of World War II might have been avoided.

Because of advances in transportation and communication, our world is a dramatically different place than the founders lived in. The world has effectively grown smaller.

It was probably wise to practice an isolationist strategy in the eighteenth century; it does not make sense today. Our national security requires a policy of engagement; we have no choice.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #43
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
The founding fathers were, for the most part, wise men, but they were only human. Their beliefs about foreign policy, in some ways, do not make sense today. If the founders were alive today, I believe they would hold different views, on foreign policy, that were consistant with a different set of circumstances. Two hundred years ago, if a country decided to wage war against America, it would take months for the invasion to take place. Today, missiles can be launched from thousands of miles away and blow up American cities hours later.

Because of advances in transportation and communication, our world is a dramatically different place than the founders lived in. The world has effectively grown smaller.

It was probably wise to practice an isolationist strategy in the eighteenth century; it does not make sense today. Our national security requires a policy of engagement; we have no choice.
I see now, makes perfect sense. I'm an anti-American if I don't want to engage others in an act of war on their homeland because you (or who?) thinks our national security now requires a policy of engagement. Well hell then, is Iran next? Should we start killing all the Iranians in our country now, or hold off until we get the word? I don't want to be accused of being anti-American again!
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #44
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensual Lina View Post
It is unfortunate, but we are what we are. Bulgakov has wonderful passage on the subject of Evil in the world

“But would you kindly ponder this question: What would your good do if evil didn't exist, and what would the earth look like if all the shadows disappeared? After all, shadows are cast by things and people. Here is the shadow of my sword. But shadows also come from trees and living beings. Do you want to strip the earth of all trees and living things just because of your fantasy of enjoying naked light? ”
Based on your quote, I take it you don't believe in the possibilty of Heaven. If good can not exist without evil, and Heaven has no evil, then how can it exist?
Old 05-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #45
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
I see now, makes perfect sense. I'm an anti-American if I don't want to engage others in an act of war on their homeland because you (or who?) thinks our national security now requires a policy of engagement. Well hell then, is Iran next? Should we start killing all the Iranians in our country now, or hold off until we get the word? I don't want to be accused of being anti-American again!
Yes, Iran is probably going to be next. Or we can wait until they are a nuclear power which makes the problem infinitely more difficult. I don't favor invading and occupying. I don't think it's feasible or necessary. I do think we need to bomb as much of their nuclear facilities as possible, and we need to do it soon, before they put everything deep underground.

If we allow Iran to go nuclear and the use the bomb on Israel, it will inevitably escalate. If Israel takes a nuclear hit, they will respond with nukes. From that point it could easily spiral out of control.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/natio...apons-20120527

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women