Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70699
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35785
Mojojo33117

Old 11-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #31
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracePreston View Post
I don't think that NO Democrat can win... but a female divorcee who admitted to have a "GASP" abortion has no chance. She had WAY too much against her to stand a chance. A femme in Texas has got to be ballsy as hell and morally clean as a whistle to stand a chance.
Trying to get a progressive elected in Texas is like pushing a square peg into a round hole. Judging by the elections, the rest of the country shares the same views. This state is right of center but she is far left. That is why she got crushed. She ain't Anne Richards and until the Democrats go to the center, they are going to continue to lose.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #32
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

The Dems haven't had a good center candidate since Richards, unfortunately.

The R's really screwed the pooch and they don't even realize it yet. Had they been smart.. they wouldn't have pushed as hard for a majority... now, they have it, but nothing is going to get done. Guess who will get the blame?
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #33
Mavs fan
Premium Access

Encounters: 60

Look at Stupid, She is not self made. Her ex husband put her through Harvard and right after graduation she divorced him. She also gave him custody of the children, one of which was not his biologically. He is a good person, she is not. Plus, she wants to legalize late term abortions, where the child is fully formed and can feel pain. You can't support anything you said with facts. What kind of woman gives away her children. I know several providers that do this job to support their children. These providers have more class and integrity than Wendy Davis ever will.
Mavs fan is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #34
EZ.
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracePreston View Post
The Dems haven't had a good center candidate since Richards, unfortunately.

The R's really screwed the pooch and they don't even realize it yet. Had they been smart.. they wouldn't have pushed as hard for a majority... now, they have it, but nothing is going to get done. Guess who will get the blame?
Obama will not work with Congress. They just need to pass bill after bill that are popular (Tax reform, XL pipeline or Border security) and let Obama veto them. It will show who is the party of no. They now control the purse strings with the ability squeeze departments like the EPA. Best of all, Harry Reid made use of the nuclear option but guess who has it now. Above everything else, that will make the democrats scream the most.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #35
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Grace, most of the people she talked to before running discouraged her from running. I was among those, and a number of other big donor that I know and talked to did the same. Not because we thought she wouldn't run a good campaign, so much, but because the demographics of Texas are such that NO Democrat can yet win a Statewide race. She heard that advice loud and clear. One of the dominant theories as to why she ran is that :1) she didn't enjoy being in the minority in the Texas Senate; and 2) because her district is essentially the only swing district in the Texas Senate, she was going to face a very spirited reelection challenger who would exxentialky have unlimited money (and she would be running in a hostile 6th Presidential year environment for Democrats).

Her decision was still flawed in my view because she had mo chance in the governor's race, but had probably a35 or 40% chance of winning her Senate seat.
I agree with the opinion that her run might reasonably be viewed as ill-considered at this time, but think I might have looked at the choice a bit differently if I were in her shoes.

It seems to me that if she has enduring political ambitions, but chose not to strike now, she'd be running against an incumbent in 2018. And that's generally a rather difficult task, unless your opponent conveniently shoots himself in the foot. Also, she's been a hot, high profile item recently, while she must have realized that she had a rather tenuous hold on her senate seat. In politics, as is the case with so many other things, one often needs to strike while the iron is hot.

But I think there was an even more compelling reason for Wendy Davis to go for it now.

Even a failed gubernatorial candidate is a very high profile individual. Perhaps some law firm would lust after the opportunity to put her name in its masthead, especially since she has a Harvard law degree.

And, at 51 years of age, she probably has very little net worth, since she chose to go into public life rather than to practice law for an extended period of time. Assuming that Wendy Davis (like most of the rest of us) likes travel and a lot of other nice stuff, it's reasonable to assume that she might want to establish some financial security for her retirement years.

To that end, there are few things quite like pulling down a 7-figure annual income for a decade or so.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #36
tire-chucker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

At the end of the day the GOP is running congress. When things continue not to get done it will hurt them more than the dems. Not sure people are gonna see the dems as being obstructionists since many people are essentially ignorant as to the law making process. The dems can no longer feasibly stop laws from being approved by congress.
tire-chucker is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #37
EZ.
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire-chucker View Post
At the end of the day the GOP is running congress. When things continue not to get done it will hurt them more than the dems. Not sure people are gonna see the dems as being obstructionists since many people are essentially ignorant as to the law making process. The dems can no longer feasibly stop laws from being approved by congress.
Harry Reid has over 200 bills sitting on his desk, many with bipartisan support, that he refused to bring for a vote. The Republicans are going to pass those bills and hope Obama vetoes them. The there are tax reform bills, the Keystone Pipeline and other very popular bills that people want passed. When this happens, it will show who the obstructionist is.
Harry Reid and the democrats chose to enact the nuclear option. That is about to bite the democrats in the ass.
I only hope that now that they control the purse strings they will start cutting and squeezing all of those bloated governmental agencies starting with the IRS and the EPA.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #38
Batman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Whatever happened to the discussion about wanting to bang Wendy? It was more fun than actual politics.
Batman is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #39
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
it's reasonable to assume that she might want to establish some financial security for her retirement years.

To that end, there are few things quite like pulling down a 7-figure annual income for a decade or so.
I probably should have posted in more detail. This was a competing theory going around at the time Wendy was making the rounds. And there is some support for it in that working in the Texas legislature is the equivalent to taking a vow of poverty, at least in terms of official salary ($7,200/year) and having to take up at least four months every two years, plus extra time in non-session years, special committee assignments in the summer after sessions, etc. But the flaw in that theory is that even though the part time job of a Texas legislator is time consuming, it is still part time. She can get hired by a law firm while she's in office, and frankly, is probably more valuable to them while she is in office than after. She's not going to get any real lobbying work, because she's not a friend (or in the same party) as the new highly partisan Lt. Governor, nor does anyone really need much lobbying done on the Democratic side. So if that was her calculus, it was deeply flawed, I suspect (as did many others when this was discussed).

I think that the bottom line is she was just tired of being on the losing side in the Senate. Six years of that shit gets old. I know a couple of the Senators personally, including one I've known for 25 years. And it's a very wearing job.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:02 AM   #40
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

There is something truly unsettling about Wendy Davis.

It was bad enough that she asked for a divorce the day that her now ex-husband paid off the last of her student loans.

But, then she just gave him full custody of the kids because she apparently didn't want to be be a mother anymore. what kind of woman does that? Most women I know didn't know what to make of it.

But then the coup de grace was when I learned that the guy was her second husband and that she not only gave him custody of the kid they had together, she gave him custody of the kid she had from her first marriage. The kid is NOT even his!

Putting politics aside, there is just something "off" about the woman.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #41
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

It was bad enough that she asked for a divorce the day that her now ex-husband paid off the last of her student loans.

But, then she just gave him full custody of the kids because she apparently didn't want to be be a mother anymore. what kind of woman does that? Most women I know didn't know what to make of it.

But then the coup de grace was when I learned that the guy was her second husband and that she not only gave him custody of the kid they had together, she gave him custody of the kid she had from her first marriage. The kid is NOT even his!

It is interesting to read some of the posts in this thread; they would lead you to believe that Wendy Davis is a great person and has the skills of a good politician - it just wasn't her time to run, much less win.

A more accurate picture of Wendy Davis is that she is an opportunist who doesn't have the political skills or the personality to broadly appeal to Texans. She was thrust onto the scene by out of state one-issue interests. Many who thought the "war on women" strategy would play well. She was a terrible candidate. Timing had nothing to do with her disastrous campaign and loss.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #42
EZ.
Valued Poster

Quote:

Since when was family values part of the liberal agenda?

I stayed in a dead marriage for 7 years and moved out the same day that my youngest went off for college.

Barack Obama is the best thing to happen to the Republican party.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #43
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

It certainly is the case that a couple of things seem a bit off-putting about this woman. (To say the least!)

But even if that perception didn't exist, I doubt that she'd be much more likely to be victorious in 2014.

Texas just isn't quite a purple (let alone blue) state yet, although according to many analysts it will be within a decade or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLRRP View Post
Barack Obama is the best thing to happen to the Republican party.
True that!

It would be hard to imagine a more effective demolition job on public support of the progressive agenda and activist, big-government designs.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #44
EZ.
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

Texas just isn't quite a purple (let alone blue) state yet, although according to many analysts it will be within a decade or so.

It would be hard to imagine a more effective demolition job on public support of the progressive agenda and activist, big-government designs.
I watched that happen in Arizona. With all of the businesses that left California bringing their liberal employees. They went blue for awhile but people woke up. They are still left with high taxes and nothing to show for it.

The GOP got control of the Senate, more seats in the House than they have had in 80 years, more Governors but importantly, more state houses. What a difference 6 years make.

Many of the provisions of ObamaCare were pushed back beyond the midterm elections. Wait until people feel the full effects of this monstrosity.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #45
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:

Sounds pretty smart to me. Getting someone to payoff their loans ... pretty smart. No one knows the little heathens like their mother ... unload them on someone else ... pretty smart.
pyramider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women