Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162976
Yssup Rider60623
gman4453269
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48566
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42222
CryptKicker37193
The_Waco_Kid36584
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #31
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Thug Party Civil War

Hmmm, it looks to me like two branches of the ThugParty, the W Virginia one and the Kaintucky one, are going at it. Both sides are swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool. Kudos to the makeup artists for making modern women look like undernourished, genetically close to the edge skanks. Or, maybe there is no makeup in play at all..hmmmm?
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #32
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
The way it should have been handled and what the resulting love child may have looked like:
i always thought the new and improved meg ryan was a love child of the joker
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #33
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Honey Moon Sex

I always knew a miscreant like you really played for the other side.

. . . Once you do marry that fat walrus (if he'll have you), he will sodomize you, but I suppose you will welcome him with open cheeks and just call it honey moon sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I'd marry Rush.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #34
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
I always knew a miscreant like you really played for the other side.

. . . Once you do marry that fat walrus (if he'll have you), he will sodomize you, but I suppose you will welcome him with open cheeks and just call it honey moon sex.

I'd beat his fat ass in golf , you could beat his fat ass in hide the salami
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #35
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default 'BAD' FRANK PHILLIPS OBITUARY

'BAD' FRANK PHILLIPS DYING.

Was One of the Members of the James and Younger Gang.

HUNTINGTON, W. Va., Sept. 29. - Frank Phillips, one of the members of the James and Younger gang during its tour through Kentucky and Tennessee in the early seventies, and later a figure in the McCoy-Hatfield feud, is dying fifty miles south of here in Kentucky from blood-poisioning caused by a bullet wound. A few days ago, on the line between Virginia and Kentucky, he enticed Frank Arnette out and shot him to death. During the dying moments of the latter, he fired a bullet into Phillips that struck a vital point, and then dropped back a corpse.

Source: The San Francisco Call, San Francisco, California, Monday, September 30, 1895
http://genforum.genealogy.com/phillips/messages/18165.html

BTW, Wiki does have Ole Ran'l McCoy serving in the Confederate Army as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randolph_McCoy
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:16 AM   #36
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Tragic Story

The Hatfields and McCoys was a very bloody and very tragic chapter in the history of this country born inside an even larger American tragedy.

Neither tragedy had to happen, but they did and I suppose they still continue to play out in American life every day at different levels of intensity and for different reasons.

. . . When will people ever learn that hatred is only a bitter road to travel that only leads to a tragic waste of life?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #37
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

It was a good series. Costner just moved another notch up in my favorite actor category. Not because of what he did but because of what he didn't do. He was one of the producers also and could have taken some creative liberties. From what I know about the history of the feud it stayed pretty well on point and it wasn't about him (Costner) although he did a great job.
I wish they would have done a better job of letting you know the times that some of the things happened though. The series covered a period of time from the 60's through the 80's.(Some 25+ years) It made it seem as though all the events happened one right after the other.
I thought Tom Berenger's Jim Vance character was well played also and I'm not a big Tom Berenger fan.

With Costner and Paxton headlining this could have been a box office hit. I read somewhere that Coster wanted it on Cable TV because he felt it was a story that needed to be told and if it went to theaters people would go to see it or not see it because of him and not for the story. This way it reached a much broader audience. The ratings show that it was a smash hit. I hope it spurs more of these types of historical mini-series in the future.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I have a lot of respect for Tom Berenger. He gave up star billing years ago and started playing in smaller movies of historical interest; Avenging Angel, The Rough Riders, One Man's Hero, and the Johnson County War. Like the Rough Riders (Teddy Roosevelt) Berenger disappears into his roles just like he did with Uncle Vance. Kevin Kostner has done the same thing without giving up the star billing.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #39
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

How good was Tom Berenger in playing this role?

It took me half way through the first episode to realize Uncle Jim was his character.

I enjoyed the series. It has compelled me to search out everything I could find about this terrible episode in our History.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #40
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36

By the end it, it seemed that main guy for the McCoys turns out to be a drunk. It make it almost seem like they were cowards for having to hire bounty hunters to take care of their feud where the Matfield took matters in their own hands. Just my take.
rrabbit6926 is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
BossyWillson
Valued Poster

Default Hatfields and McCoys in the modern era

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield-McCoy_feud

In 1979, the two families united for a special week's taping of the popular game show Family Feud, in which they played for a cash prize and a pig which was kept on stage during the games. The Hatfield family won the contest 301- 227.
Great-great-great grandsons of feud patriarch, Randolph McCoy, Bo McCoy of Waycross, Georgia, and his cousin, Ron McCoy of Durham, North Carolina, organized an historic joint family reunion of the Hatfield and McCoy families in 2000. More than 5000 persons attended the reunion, which attained national attention and was dubbed "The Reunion of the Millennium".
On June 14, 2003, the McCoy cousins partnered with Reo Hatfield of Waynesboro, Virginia, to author an official truce between the families. The idea was symbolic: to show that Americans could bury their differences and unite in times of crisis, most notably following the September 11 attacks.
In 2002, Bo and Ron McCoy were plaintiffs in a legal case to acquire access to the McCoy Cemetery, which holds the graves of six family members, including five slain during the feud. The McCoys took on a private property owner, John Vance, who was restricting access to the cemetery. While the McCoys claimed victory in the suit, as of 2003 the cemetery was still not open to the general public.

In the 2000s, a 500-mile (800 km) Hatfield–McCoy Trails all-terrain vehicle trails system, has been created around the theme of the Hatfield–McCoy feud.
Many tourists each year travel to parts of West Virginia and Kentucky to see the areas and historic relics which remain from the days of the feud. In 1999 a large project known as the "Hatfield and McCoy historic site restoration" was completed. This project was funded by a federal grant from the SBA. Many improvements to various feud sites were completed. A committee of local historians spent months researching reams of information to find out about the factual history of the events surrounding the feud. This research was compiled in an audio compact disc called the "Hatfield–McCoy Feud Driving Tour". The CD is a self-guided driving tour of the restored feud sites. It includes maps and pictures as well as the audio CD (see external link below).
The Hillbilly Days festival in Pikeville, Kentucky, is a Shriners fundraiser that, according to rumor, was founded by one member from each of the two families
BossyWillson is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #42
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I'd fuck that nasty bitch Nancy McCoy 'til the cows came home. She stole every scene she was in and gave me a major fantasy hard...
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #43
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Harden People

There were many harden and intolerant people back in those hard times.

It was hard to imagine how the McCoy father would throw his daughter out simply because she was in love and wanted to marry a Hatfield.

But it was even harder to imagine how a Hatfield father was on the very brink of shooting his own son!

. . . Somewhere along the line and maybe it was in the Civil War that most of these tragic people lost their senses and their humanity.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #44
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

You are looking at their actions from a 21st century sensibility. Those were hard times and they were hard men. Both survived the Civil War and had watched their friends die for apparently nothing as far as they were concerned. Many a father has disowned their daughters or sons for that matter. Devil Anse Hatfield considered killing his own son because he thought he betrayed and was responsible for the death of his brother (cousin?) Vance and the serious wounding of his other son Cap. They couldn't turn to the law if the law was the brother of the Hatfields or the hired gun of the McCoys.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #45
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
The ratings show that it was a smash hit.
+1 They took a few liberties, but they were insignificant. Ran'l McCoy fell into a fire and was hurt. He he lingered for a couple of days before he died from his injuries. And Bad Frank died a tad differently than portrayed in the movie. Plus, that big shoot out at the end looked a bit contrived. The shoot-out in "Matewan", with Sid Hatfield, did happen pretty much like it was portrayed. If Jonsey were still around, no doubt he'd have an ECCIE handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I have a lot of respect for Tom Berenger. He gave up star billing years ago and started playing in smaller movies of historical interest; Avenging Angel, The Rough Riders, One Man's Hero, and the Johnson County War. Like the Rough Riders (Teddy Roosevelt) Berenger disappears into his roles just like he did with Uncle Vance. Kevin Kostner has done the same thing without giving up the star billing.
"Johnson County War" was another good movie about a little known historical event. "Rough Riders" was also good. Brian Keith once played an excellent TR in "The Lion and the Wind" also starring Sean Connery and Candace Bergen.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women