Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 03-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #31
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

"Bourbon brain douche" Well, at least you are starting to sound sensible.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #32
pantsontheground
BANNED

Encounters: 3

If it wasn't for Texas's gun laws, crime here would be astronomical.
pantsontheground is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #33
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Another buffoon chimes in. That's all they need, media whores like Sharpton and Jackson running around, trying to see who can raise the most funds from this tragedy. They are as sick as the shooter.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,2131299.story
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #34
pantsontheground
BANNED

Encounters: 3

You know sharpton and Jackson got one helluva boner from this.
pantsontheground is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #35
texasjohn1965
manposse

Encounters: 4

Never let a tragedy go to waste.
texasjohn1965 is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #36
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Fu*k, it's 4am there's too much noise don't you people ever go to bed? Well, went to bed too early on a Friday night (old age kicking in, I guess) and now me and this tree full of owls are wide awake.

Lonesome George Zimmermann was, as are plenty of others with left/right, black/white (not in a racial sense), us/them sensibilities, an accident waiting for a place to happen. The hyperbolic rantings raining down from the towers of righteousness and preservation create both the environment and the rationale.

Do I get a little self-satisfying buzz when Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson cut through all of the bs and "just does it" to the bad guys? Hell yes, I wouldn't be human if I didn't. Same thing goes for when Batman, The Lone Ranger, Superman, Spiderman, et al, do their thing. But, movies end, comic books close and some lives go on. It's a base and basic drive (instinct? lol) for us to deal with. Can you imagine a world populated with armed, self-righteous avengers bumbling around like the gang who couldn't shoot striaght with REAL bullets? Just look around - not much imagination required. But, "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out," while comforting to many, only accomplishes making undertakers work overtime.

The simple, like the poor, will always be with us.

And, on a side note - pantsontheground, do you mean like Bosnia and Somalia? No shortage of guns there.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #37
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
People die every day...this is just one more...oh well...
R4C, stretch here man. Do you want a thread on every fucking dumb shit murder that happens in this country?

Or are you taking this as an opportunity to rip others for their views? Who is now being opportunistic?
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

That would be me, BF.

Of course it's a dumb shit murder, well, let's say killing for the hell of it. What my "issue" is is that the righty-tighty defenders of the faith spend hours scouring the internet for "facts" and grace us with those pearls in the form of their threads yet are strangely silent on the front end when one of their pet pieces of legislation facilitates something like this. It would be a non-event if this was the only instance of the infringement on a personal freedom, say, like walking to and from the store. People who go in for the sort of thing that are the over reaching "Stand Your Ground" "Protect My Castle" comic book laws need to be beaten soundly over the head with the results. After all, the primary selling point for these laws are based on things that happened to other victims and are used to whip people's fears into a frenzy to the point where they just go along. They are solutions looking for a problem. No surprise when they create more problems. Life by auto-pilot doesn't work very well in the real world.

One takes the opportunities one finds. It's a shame that there is such a target rich enviironment, so to say. I just want to know where all of the righty TPers are in defense of the dead, hoodie-wearing, black kid's personal liberties. An uncomfortable, but fair, question. Could it be that, in their heart of hearts, they believe that he didn't have any? I'm just looking for a little more consistency in the application of their idea of "personal freedom."

I apologise to all for the subtlty of my premise.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #39
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I have never had a confrontation with a criminal to the extent that I would have had to use some type of deadly force.

But, last year, a half block down my street, a neighbor confronted 3 young men attempting to steal the rims from his Chevy truck. He confronted them with a baseball bat in hand. One tried to take the bat away, and was caught with a major league swing up side the head. The kid, who was 17, is still in bad shape.

The kids familly got one of our local poverty pimps to call for the man's indictment, saying the young man was trying to flee when struck.

However, the investigation showed that the blow could have only been struck with the young man facing the man swinging the bat.

The man was never indicted, and the boys, including the one hit, were indicted.

The Stand Your Ground Law of Texas was used in this.

I guess the guy should have just let the kids have his rims.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

The SYG law wasn't needed. The existing laws would have worked just fine. The SYG laws facilitate the idea among the "defenders" that aggressive vigilante-ism is an option. The fact that he could have been guilty of a criminal act if the thugs turned tail and ran represents absolutely no change from what was already in place. Of course, shotting them dead in their tracks from the front is a little more tidy. No contradicting witnesses. Your neighbor was, obviously, under prepared to fully take advantage of his rights under SYG. Baseball bat = no, shotgun = yes. I wonder what the cost of a new set of rims was vs the legal fees? Wonder what would have happened if he had drawn down on the perps with a rifle or handgun with hot loads, missed and the shot(s) went through the house across the street's window and struck some child right between the eyes? I guess that would just be the cost of doing the people's business, eh?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #41
texasjohn1965
manposse

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
I wonder what the cost of a new set of rims was vs the legal fees?
Yep, just give the criminals what they want, no need to confront them. They should have been shot dead. Period. Crime, as a career, has a high mortality rate.
texasjohn1965 is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #42
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Nah, either is just the cost of doing business when that sh*t goes down. He didn't ask for it, but once it's on, it's on. Serious criminals aren't deterred by this bs, they're well armed and amateurs don't know any better.

BTW, the dead kid in Florida wasn't lifting any rims. Try to stay on topic. All of these stories about what happened in wildly different circumstances don't have anything about why all you righties aren't worked up about the of the dead kid's personal liberties.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #43
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

New story on Drudge, there may be a witness, one who says it was self defense. Maybe, just maybe we should wait to see what the investigation reveals before picking up the rope?
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #44
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Sorry R4C,

I don't agree with "blaming the legislation" for the reason this happened. Individuals have free will and act accordingly.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #45
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Would that be self-defense by the kid after he was chased down and assaulted by the vigilante or self-defense by the vigilante when the kid fought back? The Drudge Report? You're fu*king kidding, right?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women