Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #31
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I think there is a point being missed here. This is not a legal trial, so the admissibility of the conversation is probably quite different than it would be in legal proceedings.

Second, this is about perceptions. If the tape didn't come out Sterling would still be a SOB and a racist, but there would be no confirmation/proof, and thus nowhere near as much pressure for the other owners to push him out.

Third, and most likely the deciding factor on how strongly the league reacted: if the sponsors fleeing from the Clippers became a torrent of sponsors fleeing from the NBA, that attacks the pocketbooks of the other owners--not something they will quietly sit bye and watch happen.

I am not saying this justifies forcing him out, but I suspect that is much more the reason why the vote will be unanimous (and therefore why the secret ballot issue is likely moot).
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #32
Solemate62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Savajo View Post
We all have our own opinions but at the end of the day it will be Sterling who gets the last laugh as another Mistress will soon be taking care of his needs and his billionaire ass. What he said was hardly racist. I mean come on, I've heard much, much, worse said on the streets than that. The NBA needs to start suspending and penalizing "any" player who says a racial slur on the court even if it's not meant to offend the other person. I would compare this story to the Nazi persecution of the Jews.
You're and interesting fellow, CPT!
Solemate62 is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #33
Worldtravler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

I bet you anything the prez had some kind of influence in the out come he was one of the first to make a public comment on it all the way from Asia. They had to do what they did to stop potential riots. The NACCP already said if nothing was done by the end of Tuesday they were going to start protesting.
Worldtravler is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #34
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
I think there is a point being missed here. This is not a legal trial, so the admissibility of the conversation is probably quite different than it would be in legal proceedings.

He is a cantankerous old coot. Sterling would love to take the NBA to court and make life hell for the other owners. He is a fan of Al Davis.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #35
Guest040816
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
He is a cantankerous old coot. Sterling would love to take the NBA to court and make life hell for the other owners. He is a fan of Al Davis.
Cantankerous old coot,,,,, huh? Pig Latin.
Guest040816 is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #36
PhantomofTheOpera
Valued Poster

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Nothing on the illegally recorded, and released, conversation of Sterling can be used against him since it is a private conversation. Is it controversial? Yes, questionably it is, but racist? If you are an overly sensitive black who is in denial of your own feelings towards others, maybe.... a very long maaaaaaaaybe. To me, while I don't treat others badly, I don't see anything racist in what Sterling said since he expressed his preference. Of course, if I could not stand blacks, I would not have a half-Black girlfriend, but that is being way too logical. Yet, the real question is not is Sterling a racist, but what was the motivation of the chick releasing that illegally recorded conversation? The facts are undeniable in that Sterling does employ blacks in key management positions in his organization, and someone who is a flaming racist would not do that. There will always be black kids who will want to play in the NBA and for any team regardless of what the management staff race is, if that team gives them a good contract and has a good record.

Do notice that none of the black players, or coaches, have quit the team or demanded to be traded. So if they're so offended due to alleged racist comments, then their inaction to take a stand and put their money where their mouth is shows how credible their suffering really is.

The real problem here is the half-Black, half Mexican female doing what she did because of revenge and getting a skinny on the boss because of boss's wifey taking her to court. That chick is on the hook legally now and is the one who comes across as racist, as well as she clearly was egging the conversation on by being combative. Equally clear, is she led the conversation exactly where she wanted it to go instead of just shutting her mouth.

The rule of law has been violated in this case on multiple fronts:

1. The girl released a private conversation she taped without authority. Two reasons go to intent on her part: 1) She knew she was out of the relationship with Sterling since he said as a much on the audio recording I heard, and b) her being named in litigation filed by Mrs. Sterling.

2. Clearly, one’s opinion, when expressed in private and in this context, cannot be used against them in this country because of the First Amendment even if Barry and Holder are trying to circumvent the Constitution.

Even Kareem Abdul-Jabbar points out that the chick most likely set Sterling up, and that the hypocrisy of the NAACP, Al Sharpton, et al. is evident except to those caught up in the media circus and the poorly controlled emotional cripples that are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Here is the article, TOP RIGHT NEWS,NBA Legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Rips BOTH SIDES in Donald Sterling ‘Scandal’ where Kareem Abdul-Jabbar discusses his disgust and outrage not just at the comments Sterling made, but also at all the other players in the travesty of privacy this affair has wrought.

The facts are undeniable in that nothing Sterling said in the audio recording was racist but are certainly controversial without a doubt. For it to have been racist, he would have needed to be demeaning to blacks in general by calling them ni****'s and/or other derogatory names and/or comparisons to vermin such as he has done in times past. Nothing Sterling did in this instance was racist, and the NBA and Silver will lose one way or the other. I am waiting to see what happens with a bucket of popcorn and coke-cola. Even Mark Cuban pointed out in a recent interview that he does not believe the Owners will force Sterling to do sell, and I seriously doubt Silver will be successful in banning Sterling from the NBA.r fining him although $2.5MM is chump change to him.

What Sterling expressed, in great detail, is his personal opinion and preference. Everybody has an opinion and a preference, some are more racists than others. But like Abdul-Jabbar pointed out, it is sleazy to be branding someone based on their private conversations, and I will point out it is inherently un-American to do so.

The above referenced article in which Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was interviewed is something that a good number of people in this country, including ole Barry, need to consider and pay attention. Only those who are not paying attention to the details think what I have read as a majority opinion in this thread believe. While I don't support Sterling's position, I am 100% behind, and for, his ability to have his opinions in private, regardless of whether they are in fact racist or not, which is what makes this country great.

To those who have not heard the recordings, either the first part or the extended part, listen before making a decision based upon wagging tongues.

Deadspin: First 9 minutes

DeadSpin Extended; Can't get the audio alone like TMZ

Quote:
^^^^Yes, he is and that is why he was able to settle with the NBA when they said no to his plan to move the Clippers to LA from San Diego. Even with the NBA saying no, he did so anyway. You don't get old and rich by being a pussy. This guy proves the old axiom: Don't mess with the old dogs...age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Bullshit and brilliance only comes with age and experience.
PhantomofTheOpera is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #37
Solemate62
Valued Poster

All good points being made above: the clash between an individual who clearly is a racist and a repugnant person AND the creepy erosion of privacy in America with respect to what we say and what we do every day of our lives! Good POVs, Phantom, CPT, Pyramids and others!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #38
Worldtravler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Well maybe the NBA should take a deeper look into Jay-Z since he owns 37% of the Brooklyn Nets. It's only fare.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/06/jay-zs-...radical-group/
Worldtravler is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #39
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Jay Z needs to go, too. If the old white gets zapped, then the idiot rapper needs to get zapped. It's only fair to have the rules applied to all.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #40
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Jay Z needs to go, too. If the old white gets zapped, then the idiot rapper needs to get zapped. It's only fair to have the rules applied to all.
So does Mrs.Carter
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #41
Solemate62
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.M. View Post
So does Mrs.Carter
ok, who TF is Mrs. Carter?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #42
Guest123018
Account Disabled

User ID: 68788
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemate62 View Post
Guest123018 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #43
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemate62 View Post

Its Beyonce's tour name.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #44
Solemate62
Valued Poster

Quote:
Its Beyonce's tour name.
Thanks but how is the average 69 year old whore hound who cruises on Eccie suppose to know that? Lol
Old 05-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #45
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Views

Kareem Abdul seems to have an interesting view on this entire scandal that had not occurred to me, but should be considered.

. . . Did she in fact set him up before recording him?

Here’s Kareem. Just one question: Was Sterling’s privacy violated?
And now the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out. She was like a sexy nanny playing “pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.” She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.
They caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping…
Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media? Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way? Although the impact is similar to Mitt Romney’s comments that were secretly taped, the difference is that Romney was giving a public speech. The making and release of this tape is so sleazy that just listening to it makes me feel like an accomplice to the crime. We didn’t steal the cake but we’re all gorging ourselves on it.
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/2...etly-recorded/
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women