Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70654
biomed162203
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453193
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48317
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37166
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #31
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
No, using his line of thinking we would outlaw the item whose sole function is to kill people.
Cain had no guns when he murdered Abel, and David used a rock to slay Goliath; thus, demonstrating that absent guns, man will kill man. A three gallon insect sprayer filled with gas and a couple of road flares would have killed as many or more in that theater than your doppelganger in Colorado.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #32
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You're right, Doofie. Why would we want to disarm a population? Just think, had there been just one person in the theater with a concealed carry permit and a firearm, the attack could have ended much sooner, and with much less injury and loss of life.

I think we should use Switzerland as an example. Very little gun violence there. Why? Because everyone has a gun.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #33
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
I support abortion, assisted suicide, gay marriage and free use of soft drugs.
It would solve so many problems. What do you want more you fool?

Oh almost forgot, I'm against guns for all. with decent gun laws there would have been no shooting in Colorado and many other places.
And I support play girls, that should be legalized.

Joe Blow doesn't even know what the word "decent" means.
I consider his moral standards far below what would be the least acceptable.
Joe Blow is against abortion, but wants every fool to carry a gun. Decent isn't it?
No I don't think everyone should be allowed to have a gun; not if your crazy, not if you're a convicted felon. Not every kind of gun should be legal. There are laws against machine guns, that seems reaonable to me.

I have no problem with gays being allowed to have civil unions. I'm against same sex marriage, because it encourages a life style that is not healthy and is detrimental to the culture. There has to be a reason, that in ten thousand years of recorded human history, same sex marriage has never been allowed by any culture.

I'm not against abortion in every case. Abortion in cases of rape, incest and to protect the mother's life seems reasonable to me. I am against partial birth abortion in all cases; there is never a legitimate therapeutic reason for partial birth abortion. Roe vs Wade should be overturned. It was never a legitimate ruling. Overturning Roe vs Wade would not end abortion. It would simply let each state make their own laws, as the Constitution requires.

I have no problem with physician assisted suicide. In some cases, when a person is near the end of life, and is in severe pain that can't be adequately controlled with medication, physician assisted suicide should be legal. It seems barbaric to force someone to endure severe pain for no reason.

I have mixed feelings about legalizing drugs. It does seem reasonable to legalize marijuana. It makes more sense than filling our prisons with nonviolent offenders. Depending on what mood I'm in, some days I think it might be better to just legalize everything, and let people take whatever they want. If you're stupid enough to destroy yourself with drugs, so be it.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #34
gnadfly
Account Disabled

What do you call 12 murdered and 58 wounded? A typical Chicago weekend.

Too soon?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #35
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
No, using his line of thinking we would outlaw the item whose sole function is to kill people.
Thanks Dove, I couldn't have said it better.

Many people (mostly people from Texas) say: guns don't kill, people do.
But without guns people would not have such a very easy opportunity to kill.

COG said, this guys was gonna kill anyway, so COG, let me ask you, how do you kill and wound so many people without a gun? Throw them into the Grand Canyon? Or throw them all of the highest building in Wichita?

Smart guy if you have a real answer to that.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #36
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
No I don't think everyone should be allowed to have a gun; not if your crazy, not if you're a convicted felon. Not every kind of gun should be legal. There are laws against machine guns, that seems reaonable to me.

I have no problem with gays being allowed to have civil unions. I'm against same sex marriage, because it encourages a life style that is not healthy and is detrimental to the culture. There has to be a reason, that in ten thousand years of recorded human history, same sex marriage has never been allowed by any culture.

I'm not against abortion in every case. Abortion in cases of rape, incest and to protect the mother's life seems reasonable to me. I am against partial birth abortion in all cases; there is never a legitimate therapeutic reason for partial birth abortion. Roe vs Wade should be overturned. It was never a legitimate ruling. Overturning Roe vs Wade would not end abortion. It would simply let each state make their own laws, as the Constitution requires.

I have no problem with physician assisted suicide. In some cases, when a person is near the end of life, and is in severe pain that can't be adequately controlled with medication, physician assisted suicide should be legal. It seems barbaric to force someone to endure severe pain for no reason.

I have mixed feelings about legalizing drugs. It does seem reasonable to legalize marijuana. It makes more sense than filling our prisons with nonviolent offenders. Depending on what mood I'm in, some days I think it might be better to just legalize everything, and let people take whatever they want. If you're stupid enough to destroy yourself with drugs, so be it.
You keep amazing me, but this time to the better.
I'm honest and realistic enough to realize that and just know that if I am wrong about anything, I am not afraid to tell you that I was wrong.
If I am wrong, so be it. Gives me a reason to think and try to find out how I can be right.

It's a thing I learned in my trading business and have to apply about 24 hours per day 5 days per week.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #37
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Thanks Dove, I couldn't have said it better.

Many people (mostly people from Texas) say: guns don't kill, people do.
But without guns people would not have such a very easy opportunity to kill.

COG said, this guys was gonna kill anyway, so COG, let me ask you, how do you kill and wound so many people without a gun? Throw them into the Grand Canyon? Or throw them all of the highest building in Wichita?

Smart guy if you have a real answer to that.
A home made bomb, which Holmes could have easily put together, would have killed even more than gunfire.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #38
waverunner234
Valued Poster

But I have another question

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE SO FOCUSED ON MARRIAGE AS A BASIC THING OF LIFE.

MORE THAN 50% END UP IN DIVORCE.

DOESN'T THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #39
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

Default Really.. Who the fuck wrote this for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post

I must be dreaming... That post was omg! Logical.
You sure you're a douchebag republican?
Almost sounded libertarian . Good for you,
Exercising that little brain.
UB9IB6 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I think IB already answered that, Wave. There are IED's, simple mixtures of household chemicals can create very deadly gas, simply a number of ways for an insane person to kill people. The unabomber didn't shoot anyone, neither did McVeigh.

The manner of destruction may affect the timing and location of the event, but it won't stop an insane person intent on random killing to satisfy a deranged mind.

You miss another point completely. American citizens are allowed firearms to protect themselves. Weapons of all kinds were prohibited in that theater. Who took the weapons in? The only person who got a weapon into the theater was the one who disobeyed the law. The law abiders were disarmed before they arrived. Had the law allowed for responsible citizens to carry weapons, the chances are that the devastation would not have been as near as great.

Banning guns will only harm those who obey the law. Law breakers will still find guns. Law breakers will still use guns, And knowing that the law abiders will not have guns will only empower the law breakers to use guns more frequently to commit crime.

It bears some resemblance to our marijuana laws. The ban makes it harder for people who need the weed for medicinal purposes to get it. Some clown on the street can find weed anywhere, but if you're sick, and need it, and not part of that culture, you risk all kinds of danger from both having to deal with criminals, no quality control, no standards, and possible arrest. Whereas if weed was legal, standards would be in place, and there would be many fewer instances of weed being laced with PCP, or whatever.

Again, explain to me level of gun violence in Switzerland. How does that work? Why does that work?

And there is a further case to be made for gun ownership, self defense of our homes from intruders, and government. Before we organized our military, the militia was made up of a bunch of guys with guns. The bartender, schoolteacher,preacher, justice o' peace, blacksmith - all ready to be called up in a national emergency, and conversely, ready to be called out if government began overstepping their bounds.

In light of the massacre, the best thing the government should do is to increase the number of responsible citizens obtaining and using a concealed carry permit.

But banning guns is a typical liberal response. It will effectively accomplish nothing, except put responsible citizens in danger, but it will make them "feel good" because they "did something".

God save us from counterproductive "feel good" regulation.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #41
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
But I have another question

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE SO FOCUSED ON MARRIAGE AS A BASIC THING OF LIFE.

MORE THAN 50% END UP IN DIVORCE.

DOESN'T THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING?
Geez, you conceded defeat on the gun issue before I even got my response posted. Well, glad to have a convert.

I think if you want to discuss marriage, you should start another thread. What you're doing is called "hijacking."

But it could be a fun thread.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:20 AM   #42
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Geez, you conceded defeat on the gun issue before I even got my response posted. Well, glad to have a convert.

I think if you want to discuss marriage, you should start another thread. What you're doing is called "hijacking."

But it could be a fun thread.
Especially since I really begin to love threesomes.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:27 AM   #43
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Here is what I meant to say and predicted last Friday.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #44
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Here is what I meant to say and predicted last Friday.
Shit ......................Wrong forum
Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #45
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB9IB6 View Post
I must be dreaming... That post was omg! Logical.
You sure you're a douchebag republican?
Almost sounded libertarian . Good for you,
Exercising that little brain.
Except for their isolationist foreign policy views, I am pretty much a Libertarian. Unfortunately, I don't think the Libertarian party can ever be the majority party, because they would end the redistribution of wealth, that the Democrats and Republicans both practice.

The sad truth is, that once you govern outside the Constitution, which we have been doing since FDR, the majority of the people will vote to loot the treasury. I vote Republican as a lesser of two evils choice.

Harry Browne, who ran for president twice on the Libertarian party ticket, once said that when you vote Republican instead of Democrat, you're just voting to go to Hell more slowly. Once the Constitution no longer limits the size and scope of the federal government, our only choice is between the fast lane to Hell or the slow lane.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women