Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70703
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41461
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 11-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
OH NO! Mr. Sluggo has come armed with facts Mr. Bill.

Whirly proves my point...we should be having more abortions not fewer. The moring after pill should be like chicklets chew one just in case your breath stinks. Fuck JD every time you post it is an endorsement for at least one more abortion!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #32
CJ7
Valued Poster

seems to be a common core amongst the rightwingers on this board

they all come from the shallow end of the gene pool
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #33
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I'd rather have myopic self-absorbed locals running my school district; than myopic self absorbed bureaucrats 2,000 miles away in hidden cubicles of Washington.

Just saying..........
That sounds pretty dumb to me. Local or 2000 miles away, myopic and self-absorbed is still myopic and self-absorbed. Local idiots are often more dangerous because they can hide in the backwaters out of sight.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #34
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex111999 View Post
Perhaps it isn't about localization. But most schools have three layers of people who are getting paid to do many of the same things. The federal and state departments of education combined with local school districts are a waste of money. Find a way to combine the tiers so they can be more effective for each individual student. Save money from the redundancy and put it into more diverse programs.
Ah! A sane suggestion.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #35
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
That sounds pretty dumb to me. Local or 2000 miles away, myopic and self-absorbed is still myopic and self-absorbed. Local idiots are often more dangerous because they can hide in the backwaters out of sight.
Seriously, OldTimer? A guy who goes to your church, shops in your stores, drinks in your bar, etc. is harder to find and hold accountable than a nameless, faceless bureaucrat officing out of the basement of a non-descript building in Washington, DC?

I mean, seriously?

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #36
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Seriously, OldTimer? A guy who goes to your church, shops in your stores, drinks in your bar, etc. is harder to find and hold accountable than a nameless, faceless bureaucrat officing out of the basement of a non-descript building in Washington, DC?

I mean, seriously
Yes, seriously.

While I can FIND the guy who goes to my church, etc., more easily that often means locals are more willing to let "Fred" get away with a lot of dubious things because "Fred" is just one of the Boys. It's really no problem if he bends the rules a little (or sometimes a lot) because he's really not a bad guy. And this church/state thing, well Fred belongs to MY church so it's OK.

I've seen plenty of small town abuses that are swept under the rug because the local newspaper is the friend of the cousin of the mayor, etc., and there is no Washington Post type of spotlight.

I'm not saying DC bureaucrats are inherently better, but I refuse to accept the illusion that small town politics is all puppies and goodness. Self centered and stupid can exist at any level.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #37
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Well, ok, OldE. Bizarre, but ok. You must have lived in some strange places. I've never had a problem confronting school board members, city councilmen, mayors, state legislators both in private and in open meetings when I disagree with them. I've gotten laws and policies changed by doing that. They may sweep it under the rug, but I look there. And if I find it, they, and others will know.

How do I do that with an anonymous bureaucrat?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #38
Old-T
Valued Poster

I’m going to start this by saying that your situations and mine are quite different—and that certainly contributes to our different views about this (and other things).

I commend you for speaking up and being active in your local politics. Given your persona on here I wouldn’t expect anything different from you. I truly wish more people would. When I was younger and didn’t travel as much I went to a lot more local council meetings, board meetings, public hearings, etc. I was consistently amazed and saddened by the small turnouts even for serious discussions. It was as if most local folks wanted to be ignorant of what was going on, and they defaulted any citizen input to the wackos of one extreme or another.

But I travel now—a lot—and for the last 20+ years have averaged 180+ days a year in DC. So in many cases I actually CAN and have found the “anonymous bureaucrat” when it was an issue I significantly cared about. I’ve found them at HUD, NASA, DoD, DOE, DNI, and DOS. I am not going to claim it’s a cake-walk, but with some perseverance and networking it is actually easier for me than trying to influence local politicians in the town where I have a “home mailing address” but spend very little time. I really do live from hotel to hotel. Once found, those anonymous bureaucrats often do listen once you demonstrate you know how the game is played—and contrary to popular opinion they can often (not always) be influenced with the right kind of DC logic. If not, there are always the Congressional staffers.

Politics is a very complex game with a lot of arcane rules that are ill defined—but in its most simple sense it is human interaction. I have no ego problems about getting my name in the press or getting public credit, and largely because of that I have significantly influenced legislation in a number of areas. So based upon my personal experiences, I stand by my comment that far from perfect I think some degree of centralized control over education is better, more effective, and less subject to rampant uncontrolled evil, than total local control. As in (almost) all things, balance is usually the best option.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #39
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default The philosophy in the school room in one generation will become the philosophy of government in the next. — Abraham Lincoln

Common Core Goes Global
by Mary Jo Anderson

The education reform known as Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for grades K-12, adopted by forty plus states and more than half of the U.S. dioceses, is designed to produce a universal “work force ready” population prepared to self-identify as “global citizens.” Many education professionals have been critical of CCSS. But even they may not know the philosophical reason why financiers like Bill Gates have bankrolled the Common Core system. The same sources of funding for Common Core in the United States are promoting similar methods and aligned texts world wide through the auspices of the United Nations.

Some have decried Common Core as the nationalization of American education. Far more dangerous, however, is the globalism of Common Core that demotes American values, undermines American constitutional principles and detaches students from their families and faith. Common Core is simply the newest attempt in the decades-old battle (Outcome Based Education, Goals 2000) to impose a U.N. globalist worldview aimed at “peace,” sustainability and economic stability at the expense of freedom.

Common Core is part of the subterranean template in place to indoctrinate our society into accepting “workforce security” in exchange for a global public square where American values are a distant memory, and Christian, especially Catholic, practice is confined behind church doors. Perhaps with an awareness of this abandonment of fidelity to particular national values in the face of globalizing pressures, Pope Francis this week warned against worldly “hegemonic uniformity”: “And this is the fruit of the devil, the prince of this world, who leads us forward with the spirit of worldliness…. They accepted the habits of the pagan … that all should be one people, and everyone would abandon their customs. A globalizing conformity of all nations is not beautiful” since “it is the hegemonic uniformity of globalization, the single line of thought” rather than a unity of nations each with its own unique customs and traditions that make up a particular civilization. If education is reduced to job training, the consequences will be tragic. As C. S. Lewis reminds us, “If education is beaten by training, civilization dies … civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost.”

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2013/c...re-goes-global
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Carlin was right.

But there’s a reason. There’s a reason. There’s a reason for this, there’s a reason education SUCKS, and it’s the same reason it will never, ever, EVER be fixed.

It’s never going to get any better, don’t look for it, be happy with what you’ve got.

Because the owners, the owners of this country don't want that. I'm talking about the real owners now, the BIG owners! The Wealthy… the REAL owners! The big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions.

Forget the politicians. They are irrelevant. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice! You have OWNERS! They OWN YOU. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls.

They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying, lobbying, to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I'll tell you what they don’t want:

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. Thats against their interests.

Thats right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting fucked by a system that threw them overboard 30 fucking years ago. They don’t want that!

You know what they want? They want obedient workers. Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shitty jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it. They’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this fucking place! It's a big club, and you ain’t in it! You, and I, are not in the big club.

By the way, it's the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care! Good honest hard-working people; white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people continue, these are people of modest means, continue to elect these rich cock suckers who don’t give a fuck about you….they don’t give a fuck about you… they don’t give a FUCK about you.

They don’t care about you at all… at all… AT ALL. And nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Thats what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick thats being jammed up their assholes everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth.

It's called the American Dream,because you have to be asleep to believe it.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #41
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

How did this happen?

When did this happen?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #42
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default My way of life is better than yours. No it isn't! Common theme throughout humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The philosophy in the school room in one generation will become the philosophy of government in the next. — Abraham Lincoln
Why do you think the religious groups want to educated their young? To immerse them in their way of thinking. Which is exactly wtf what Common Core is trying doing , is no different than what any group is trying to do, including Christianity. Why do you think the Muslims do not care for you spreading Christianity in their countries. Same reason you do not care for Common Core.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women