Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70782
biomed163123
Yssup Rider60781
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48620
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42450
CryptKicker37209
The_Waco_Kid36899
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-31-2021, 07:44 AM   #31
yinzerpgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

I asked OAN how many executive orders that Napoleon Bonaparte made in his first week in office. They had no idea who he was so I guess we can't compare dictators.
yinzerpgh is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:18 AM   #32
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrito View Post
Now Berry is trying to be the dictator, telling me what I need to do. Lol. Bro, there aren't enough crayons and small words in the world to explain this to someone of your intellectual [sic] capacity and mental state.

And no I'm not doing the same thing from the left. I understand the context. Presidents have been using more executive orders as gridlock in congress increases. Obama used a lot, Trump used more than him. All I'm saying is it's a little early to label Biden a dictator. All I'm saying is wait and see how many EOs he has in a year, so you have enough data to make useful comparisons. I hardly think that is the same as the hysterical screeching from Berry and the rest of Qanon/Trump nutso squad on here
You are doing the same thing plus everytime you are proven wrong, you just ignore it and blabber something else.

And again what u state is wrong. Leo's
Were used alot more than trump or obama or bush by other presidents, it's not really increasing compared to others.
Your posts do nothing but make snooty remarks about those you oppose and u try to belittle people. Problem is you bring no ammo to your points
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:09 AM   #33
Purrito
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
You're focused on quantity, so respectfully, you're doing the same thing.
Nah, I'm trying to refute this ridiculous assertion that Biden is a dictator. I don't think an over-reliance on EOs is a good way to govern no matter who is President. Could be I would agree Biden is using too many.

My problem is with the brand of crazy being pushed on here that he's a dictator, the election was stolen, free speech is being taken away, a laser beam from space paid for Edit The Dr started California wildfires, etc.
Purrito is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:18 AM   #34
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
The link to the Federal Register allows you to see the titles and full text, by EO number and with hyperlinks to the rest. I provided the EO's. You asked him to list them, they're listed and now you're changing goal posts. I have no love for the guy, just saying.

Let's be clear here. I read the EO's and pulled out that data. I didn't rely on CNN, or Fox or any other sites or aggregators. If you want to focus on volume of orders but not look at the actual content that is your prerogative but you have everything literally in your hands via smartphone to access the data. The volume of time we spend here says we have the time to read. And you wanting him to do what you also need to do is a bit funny.

Your assertion using the dictator line of logic and Biden "quotes" is a talking point which ignores context regarding how they are being used let alone the context of his original argument in the first place.

Purrito is doing the same thing but from the opposite position. And neither of you will find common ground or have a real discussion. Because neither of you took the time to educate yourself. You've had everything spoon fed to you with spin and won't accept the other side I'm any way.

Remember how people get upset about lawmakers passing bills without reading them or understanding the full content of them? Then finding out that there's all manners of shit in them no one expected and they only had cherry picked summaries?

Biden's dictator comments weren't about volume. They were about content and the limitations of presidential power and executive authority. What could and couldn't be done with executive actions. But once the sound bytes get co-opted and distorted you end up with discussions like this one where he leaves himself open to criticism on volume because no one wants to discuss actual content. We manufacture outrage simply by repeating talking points and spin. And instead of discussing the actual issues of the Trump orders or the Biden orders we're stuck on volume so we can compare Biden to Trump and... oh, shit... Carter must really have been an evil, power mad, tin pot dictator with all those EO's. Made Trump look like a lightweight on EO's.

I made sure to show the volume of last 8 admins on purpose. But I provided the link to the full, known tallies and to the FR itself on purpose as well.

Use the fed register. Pick an EO. Each contains links to each EO or codified regulation it references, amends or revokes. Then come back and let's have a real discussion. The fact that we collectively can't do more than a cursory dive into which hooker to see and want all the info spoon fed to us in that context too doesn't give me much hope.

There's a reason I'm not linking to the CNN and Fox summaries that I know you've seen and are expecting
Well first Purrito stated "Bidens first week numbers just reflect the reversal of all Trump's orders" - which is not accurate which is why I asked him for detail.

Second, on a number of these EOs one does not need to go into the Federal Register to read about them when they have been highly reported in the press (and I am talking the mainstream press which is liberal)

Third, but ok - lets look at a few. I would love to see you, Purrito and others try to justify these

Revocation of Certain Executive Orders Concerning Federal Regulation - so do you support much greater federal regulation and if so why? Trump helped improve our economy and reduced unemployment by helping eliminate many costly and useless federal regulations

Revision of Civil Immigration Enforcement Policies and Priorities - so you support making our country less secure and putting illegal immigrants before American workers by halting construction of a wall on America's southern border and continuing Obama's illegal executive amnesty by preserving the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program?

Reforming Our Incarceration System To Eliminate the Use of Privately Operated Criminal Detention Facilities - So do you support discontinuing contracts with privately operated criminal detention facilities? Why? The alternative is either criminals are released into the public making communities less safe or that it will cost the Federal Government more to run these facilities on their own

Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science To Tackle the Climate Crisis - so you support killing high paying jobs, increasing our gas and utility costs and increasing our reliance on middle east oil by blocking the Keystone XL pipeline, by rejoining the Paris Climate Accords, by banning oil and gas leases, and by banning drilling permits?

And do you support the fact that one person is making this decision rather than letting our elected representatives in Congress do so?
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:22 AM   #35
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Now Berry is trying to be the dictator, telling me what I need to do. Lol. Bro, there aren't enough crayons and small words in the world to explain this to someone of your intellectual [sic] capacity and mental state.

And no I'm not doing the same thing from the left. I understand the context. Presidents have been using more executive orders as gridlock in congress increases. Obama used a lot, Trump used more than him. All I'm saying is it's a little early to label Biden a dictator. All I'm saying is wait and see how many EOs he has in a year, so you have enough data to make useful comparisons. I hardly think that is the same as the hysterical screeching from Berry and the rest of Qanon/Trump nutso squad on here
LOL - You can't back up your own words so you resort to deflecting and throwing out childish insults

You said "Bidens first week numbers just reflect the reversal of all Trump's orders". I asked you to support that by providing detail of each Executive Order. You couldn't because you know your statement was false.

Hell, even the notoriously liberal New York Times editorial board has urged Senile Biden to "ease up on the executive orders."

Bypassing the role of Congress to govern by executive fiat isn't the "return to normalcy" that Biden's cheerleaders in the media have been proclaiming - it's a disturbing precedent by a senile man acting like a dictator.

Oh - and the number is now 40 - Dictator Biden has issued a record 25 executive orders and added at least 15 other executive actions, a record this early in an administration. Yeah, he is a dictator.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:33 PM   #36
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Neither of us needs to agree or disagree with the EO's as being sound public policy. That's got nothing to do with what makes an executive act a legitimate presidential action or the act of a dictator.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 12:54 PM   #37
Purrito
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Neither of us needs to agree or disagree with the EO's as being sound public policy. That's got nothing to do with what makes an executive act a legitimate presidential action or the act of a dictator.
Executive orders are lawful, hence issuing even a lot of them isn't dictatorial.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:04 PM   #38
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Executive orders are lawful, hence issuing even a lot of them isn't dictatorial.
Yet some EO's have been overturned as unconstitutional in whole or in part
Old 01-31-2021, 02:06 PM   #39
Purrito
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Yet some EO's have been overturned as unconstitutional in whole or in part
Correct. Such a court ruling would still not make a dictator out of the President that issued the EO, as long as it was issued lawfully.

A dictator would be the President who then attempted to continue enforcing an EO that had been found unconstitutional by a court
Old 01-31-2021, 02:12 PM   #40
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Correct. Such a court ruling would still not make a dictator out of the President that issued the EO, as long as it was issued lawfully.

A dictator would be the President who then attempted to continue enforcing an EO that had been found unconstitutional by a court
Which may lead to an impeachment
Old 01-31-2021, 08:09 PM   #41
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 10

Quote:

Really?

So ANY executive order is "lawful" when issued - no matter how ridiculous? Good to know!

Thanks for clarifying, purrito!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukr3Y3unFhg
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:07 PM   #42
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
For years, we heard from many on the left how Trump was some authoritarian dictator. I am pointing out the real dichotomy here - that by the left's standards, Biden is the real dictator
Old 02-01-2021, 03:46 AM   #43
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
For years, we heard from many on the left how Trump was some authoritarian dictator. I am pointing out the real dichotomy here - that by the left's standards, Biden is the real dictator
There was more to their standards than just volume of EO's. Hyperbole and hyperpartisanship don't leave much room for discussion in the middle since many entrench, put on blinders and refuse to concede even on the most mundane of details
Old 02-01-2021, 05:00 AM   #44
Purrito
Gaining Momentum

Trump is the one who did everything he could to overturn a lawful election, up to and including a violent failed putsch (no beer tho).

That's the real hallmark of a dictator.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:08 AM   #45
Purrito
Gaining Momentum

What's hilarious is I got a warning from the mods because I posted that the GOP believes Remove derogatory name The Drare responsible for laser beams from space starting wild fires.

Um, I didn't make that up. Some crazy bitch Republicans sent to Congress SAID that. I guess ECCIE censors anyone who merely reports the crazy shit Trumpists say now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.c...d-execute.html

DICTATORS! CENSORS!

LOL.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women