Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 02-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

You also want to overlook the amount of "boomers" that have reached retirement age.As you know the elderly require more healthcare also the amount of jobs lost,requiring the people to use emergency rooms,and you know the hospital will not absorb the cost. Lots of factors involved plus it has been rising since the '90's,but it is better to blame the health care bill than face the facts.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #32
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by plove35 View Post
Would obamacare make you feel better when its called romneycare or mccaincare? While I believe gvt should have to get involve i do believe that a company like where my so works as director shou be offered healthcare
Hmmm . . Obamacare or Romneycare. Talk about the evil of two lessers.

Obamacare is a melting pot of fraud and corruption. What President Obama has done is promote and pass a system that will actually be WORSE than our previous failed health care system. If you want healthcare run with the efficiency of the Post Office and the compassion of the IRS, this is for you.

Health care was in desperate need of reform, but this is the wrong direction. The answer is usually LESS government, not more.

Actually, I've given up on market based health care reforms, and would consider supporting a single payer system on two conditions. 1. We amend the Constitution to allow such a system, and 2. The government serve only as a funding mechanism, while health care choices are left up to the patient and their medical team.

Obamacare was designed to be a disaster, to reduce the opposition to single payer. Once Obamacare implodes, our only option is to adopt a single payer system. I say, let's do away with the middleman, and go straight to single payer, and do it in a reasonable fashion. And of course, my way is reasonable.

The old system was indefensible, the new system is indefensible. Let's just do something right the first time.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #33
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default this is a healthcare thread but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post

Give them subsidies at taxpayer expense just like Big Oil gets, and hope they too can post $12 billion dollar quarters.

Love, The GOP.
so i have been involved in the oil industry one way or another since 1975, as a consultant and as an independent producer..i know tax law as it relates to the oil industry

so what subsidies exactly are you referring to?

its ridiculous...

what is the subsidy? is it they get to deduct their expenses like everyone else?

is it they get to write off the cost of drilling a dry hole, an unproductive hole in the ground that gets abandoned?

is it they get to deduct the cost of drilling a well that produces?..the hole...not the tangible equipment used in and around the well, that is depreciated like anyone else's equipment. yeah, but big oil has to reduce that cost by 30%, if they made that election, and amortize the rest of that hole over 60 months. but it, the deduction of the hole, is treated as a tax preference and alternative tax is due

do they get percentage depletion? nope

what subsidy are you talking about? its a big liberal myth that makes big oil a convenient whipping boy when not one person knows what they are talking about.

why the hell is deducting expenses a "subsidy"? it derives from a mindset that the government owns everything ....the only real subsidy in the tax code is the earned income credit, which pays people who dont pay taxes..everyone else pays at one time or another

what abt big hollywood...they can write off the first $15 million of production costs on a movie, or $20 million if the movie is made in a low income community........ they can write off the rest of the movie on what is called an "income forecast method", which means they can guess at their income stream and match a proportionate share of any remaining undeducted cost with the income as the income comes in. this means the lions share of costs are written off in year one..what a subsidy
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #34
CJ7
Valued Poster

tax subsidies, to be more specific ... yanno, the subsidies the republicans insist Big Oil keep, and are dead set against cutting.

$12 billion dollar quarters = enormus campaign contributions
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #35
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

tax subsidies, to be more specific ... yanno, the subsidies the republicans insist Big Oil keep, and are dead set against cutting.

$12 billion dollar quarters = enormus campaign contributions
i see you dont know what the hell you are talking about
Old 02-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #36
CJ7
Valued Poster

the republicans are willing to cut oil subsidy taxes

news to me.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #37
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

the republicans are willing to cut oil subsidy taxes

news to me.

what subsidy are you talking about, thats the question
Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #38
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
or just like Reagan tucking his tail between his legs and running when Iran killed 220 of our marines in 83.
Don't you mean a Lebanese militant faction pre-Hezbollah days? And did you see the news where Lebanon is developing nuclear capabilities, expanding its navy into international waters to play 'Blind Man's Bluff' with the U.S. Navy, or where Lebanon is developing an advance missile system and threatening to interdict trade in the Straits of Hormuz?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #39
CJ7
Valued Poster

in all fairness to the Big 5 Oil boys being singled out on new tax legislation, I do think thats wrong.

IMO, an indepth look should be given to ALL corporate tax laws that were written in 86 under Reagan .. we're closing in on 30 year old legislation that has little benefit in todays economy... at least it hasnt done jackshit to keep corporations from outsourcing and moving their operations off shore.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #40
CJ7
Valued Poster

Don't you mean a Lebanese militant faction pre-Hezbollah days? And did you see the news where Lebanon is developing nuclear capabilities, expanding its navy into international waters to play 'Blind Man's Bluff' with the U.S. Navy, or where Lebanon is developing an advance missile system and threatening to interdict trade in the Straits of Hormuz

yup ... had Reagan kicked the living shit out of Iran then theres a good chance surrounding countries would be on a much slower track, now ...

but for those of you who think we should rule the world, guess what?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #41
CJ7
Valued Poster

Actually, I've given up on market based health care reforms, and would consider supporting a single payer system on two conditions. 1. We amend the Constitution to allow such a system, and 2. The government serve only as a funding mechanism, while health care choices are left up to the patient and their medical team.

thats very Clinton-esque COG ... I wont tell if you dont
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #42
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
thats very Clinton-esque COG ... I wont tell if you dont
What the fuck does THAT mean?

Old 02-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #43
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Don't you mean a Lebanese militant faction pre-Hezbollah days? And did you see the news where Lebanon is developing nuclear capabilities, expanding its navy into international waters to play 'Blind Man's Bluff' with the U.S. Navy, or where Lebanon is developing an advance missile system and threatening to interdict trade in the Straits of Hormuz

yup ... had Reagan kicked the living shit out of Iran then theres a good chance surrounding countries would be on a much slower track, now ...

but for those of you who think we should rule the world, guess what?
Once again: Lebanese are not Iranians. And supporting an ally is not “ruling the world”.

"Suppose my neighbor's home catches fire, and I have a length of garden hose four or five hundred feet away. If he can take my garden hose and connect it up with his hydrant, I may help him to put out his fire..." by FDR, 11 March 1941.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #44
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
What the fuck does THAT mean?

Bill Clinton was a single payer fan too
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #45
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

So is Dennis Kucinich. I'm not embarrassed to be associated with them when they are right.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women