Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48044
pyramider46370
bambino40773
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #31
essence
Valued Poster

There are some for whom any attempt at discourse is futile.

Like those who dispute F = MxA

You are wrong, but the main problem is you don't know you are wrong, and you don't even know why I am saying you are wrong, and on what basis, and what your wrongness is about.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #32
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Agreed, but you fall into the trap of is/isnot.

Also, you omit to mention the debate about whether global warming has any serious implications or not, and what level of concern we should have.

What is your level of concern, given all the uncertainty and lack of so-called 'proof'.

Zero?

Wouldn't that be a rather ridiculous position to take?
Assuming global warming is happening and it's not human caused, will my level of concern matter? I'd say the level of concern we humans should have for something we can't prevent should be zero. The sun will burn out in approximately six billion years; I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I wouldn't say my level of concern is zero about global warming. If human caused increases in C02 are causing the Earth to warm, maybe we should take measures to control C02 production. But that depends on how much the Earth is warming and how much we can slow the process. If we all have to live in caves to prevent a one tenth of one degree increase in temperature over the next hundred years, I'm against it. I don't think we should bankrupt ourselves based on inconclusive data.

I'm real glad we didn't all move into caves to prevent the ice age these "climate scientists" were predicting thirty years ago. That would have been ridiculous.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #33
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

This is not about climate. It is about control. The climate scare is simply a way of increasing the power of government "to protect us."
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #34
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Assuming global warming is happening and it's not human caused, will my level of concern matter?

Yes. You may not be able to prevent the direct consequences, but you can take avoidance action.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #35
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
This is not about climate. It is about control. The climate scare is simply a way of increasing the power of government "to protect us."

Ha Ha.

Fuck off, delinquent.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #36
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The diehard commie/pinkos like Obama want to create the perception that we have a global ecological crisis. That would mean we would have to have a way of forcing the entire world to comply with environmental laws. That means ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT. That's what the global warming hoax is all about.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #37
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes. You may not be able to prevent the direct consequences, but you can take avoidance action.
Assuming Houston is going to be beachfront property in a few years, I may stock up on Hawaiian shirts. I haven't noticed the water rising in Galveston, but I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #38
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Assuming Houston is going to be beachfront property in a few years, I may stock up on Hawaiian shirts. I haven't noticed the water rising in Galveston, but I'll keep an eye on it.
Nope, island is not going underwater, I work in Galveston, last time we had high water down here was IKE.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #39
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
Nope, island is not going underwater, I work in Galveston, last time we had high water down here was IKE.
That's how you can tell the global warming alarmists are bullshitting. They say the polar ice caps are melting. If they were, sea levels would rise all over the world; it's just not happening. Al Gore's movie said the sea level would rise by twenty feet off the east coast in the near future. Other climate scientists admitted that their estimates were closer to twenty inches.

http://scienceline.org/2008/12/ask-r...venient-truth/

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...nvenient-truth

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/mo...oreerrors.html
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #40
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Right wingers are like puppets jerk their strings and they will do a song and dance about coming doom.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #41
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
have they started any new construction? my golfing buddy's wife has a house 5 miles south and as of 2 years ago they could not pour any concrete

btw, that is a great golf course
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #42
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
have they started any new construction? my golfing buddy's wife has a house 5 miles south and as of 2 years ago they could not pour any concrete

btw, that is a great golf course
Cp, you talking about the Moody Gardens golf course? If so, yes it is up and running, looks good also. Drive by there often, on the way to one of my favorite wade fishing spots.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #43
essence
Valued Poster

A. I am not interested in what Al Gore, or any other non-scientist, says. My impression is that, with the best of intentions, he does a lot more harm than good.

B. Simple question, if an ice cube, floating in your glass of water, melts, does the water level go up or down? If you can't answer that question, STFU here.

C. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_sea_level_rise gives a good overview of the science, as ever, and the numbers are much smaller and the timescales much longer.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #44
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Simple question, if an ice cube, floating in your glass of water, melts, does the water level go up or down? If you can't answer that question, STFU here.
That question should keep Trendaway, Joe the Bloehard, StupidOldLyingFart, Turdfly, Lama, JD the Custodian and IB Lying & Crying tied up for hours.

Come on essence, why don't you spare them countless hours of agonizing research and give 'em the answer.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #45
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Ice floating in water melting does not raise the level.Ice melting off land does.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women