Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162441
Yssup Rider60287
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41358
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35763
Mojojo33117

Old 10-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #31
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newgrounds19 View Post
I can tell you from my inside knowledge of gf. It is really as good as it looks. My newer IMAC will run 980 mbps. Instant downloads. along with the sharp and clear hd that comes with the tv package. And the fact that these fiber lines they are running are new!!!!!! every other provider has had the same lines for 10 plus years. you'll enjoy it. even the free service is a game changer!!
is the g-tv dvr easy to use like tivo?
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #32
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Lots of construction going on around me to bury cables
I just want GF to hurry the F up,
Old 02-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #33
super_delfin00
Valued Poster

I've had it for @ 3 weeks now. It integrates seamlessly with Netflix. So I can do a general search on the TV for a show on the guide and it will also search Netflix for a movie or TV show. It has a 2 week guide and some shows (not live ones) have arrows in them on the guide. Meaning if a show of say Seinfeld is on a week from now, and I want to watch it now vs waiting for it to air, I can jump ahead to watch it and vice versa going backwards. We have 2 tv's set up and you can also load files to the network box and watch on any TV . I don't have a computer with GB network card yet (my laptop isa few years old) So I haven't maxed on my DL speeds yet, but even at 100 mbs right now that's better than the 5 I had with TW.

The DVR can hold up to 500 hrs worth of recordings. The Network box has a 1tb capacity. I've been copying a lot of my boxing MP4's from my laptop to the storage box, and then I can watch them off either TV in the house. From a TV standpoint, no buffering with Netflix. Only downside from my perspective on the TV side is I can't get Metro Sports, and lost a few channels in the transition from TW that aren't on the list with GF (eg TV Azteca which I used to watch Mexican Pro Wrestling off of )
super_delfin00 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #34
FrankieP
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

The city of Leawood decided to completely fuck up the deal they had with Google Fiber so who knows if I will ever get it. I've used it at a friends house though and was very impressed.
FrankieP is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:16 AM   #35
PA30
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Can someone with GF tell me if you get all the locals? And Fox Sports KC? I want Royals games
PA30 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #36
super_delfin00
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA30 View Post
Can someone with GF tell me if you get all the locals? And Fox Sports KC? I want Royals games
All the locals except Metro Sports. I do get Fox Sports KC
Old 02-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #37
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_delfin00 View Post
I. From a TV standpoint, no buffering with Netflix. f )
How does using netflix with GF compare with using your DVR?
currently with 5down/2upload, using netflix takes ~10x as long as me using my dvr,
DVR is near instant and neflix is so slow.
with GF, how close are they to being the same speed?
Old 02-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #38
super_delfin00
Valued Poster

Netflix is instantaneous, and since the Netflix app is built into the Google FIber menu, I don't need to use a 3rd party device (Roku, Smart tv app etc). No difference between streaming with Netflix and pulling up a saved show off the DVR. I've also noticed that with some of the other apps I have on my TV ( I have 2 Vizio's Smart TV's) are also loading so much quicker than before (eg You Tube or Hulu)
Old 02-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #39
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_delfin00 View Post
Netflix is instantaneous, and since the Netflix app is built into the Google FIber menu, I don't need to use a 3rd party device (Roku, Smart tv app etc). No difference between streaming with Netflix and pulling up a saved show off the DVR. I've also noticed that with some of the other apps I have on my TV ( I have 2 Vizio's Smart TV's) are also loading so much quicker than before (eg You Tube or Hulu)
thanks
I can't wait to get ride of my cable company(comcast) and tivo and internet(clear)
and just get GF.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #40
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

When I got GF installed, I signed up for Amazon Prime. Now I hardly ever watch regular TV and will probably drop my satellite service. I may sign up for another streaming service like Hulu Plus or Netflix. I can get good reception on just rabbit ears for local programming, so why pay $100/month for shit.. The speed is only 5meg, but so far I have had no problems with the speed at all. I got the lowest level of GF service which was the one-time $300 equipment charge and lifetime free internet(guaranteed for 7 years?).
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:21 PM   #41
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
When I got GF installed, I signed up for Amazon Prime. Now I hardly ever watch regular TV and will probably drop my satellite service. I may sign up for another streaming service like Hulu Plus or Netflix. I can get good reception on just rabbit ears for local programming, so why pay $100/month for shit.. The speed is only 5meg, but so far I have had no problems with the speed at all. I got the lowest level of GF service which was the one-time $300 equipment charge and lifetime free internet(guaranteed for 7 years?).
My biggest concern with GF is losing my Tivo as my dvr
Ive had comcast and direct tv and tivo is just the best, so fast and easy to use

when I ping myself i usually get download at 5 and upload 1,, I use clear internet, so it's nice its wire-free and streaming/netflix works fast and I rarely have issues with connection,

I hate comcast, my bill always changes and they fix it, but I have to call them as the local office in independence, can't do shit they tell me to call the national office.
wtf?
They are putting in the holes(LS) for the new cables, so I'm curious how long this takes,, GF only tells me a timetable of"sometime in 2015"..
how long between the cables being dug in and getting service?
anyone know?
Old 02-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #42
new2thescene
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
They are putting in the holes(LS) for the new cables, so I'm curious how long this takes,, GF only tells me a timetable of"sometime in 2015"..
how long between the cables being dug in and getting service?
anyone know?
My experience so far is on # 30
If the sign up deadline in your fiberhood was march 01 2015. Expect the install 4-6 months after the deadline date. Since you don't even have a signup deadline, expect 8-12 months. They will give/post 4-6 months in advance of the signup(deadline) date in your area and installs are 4-6 months after the deadline date.
In my case....my deadline was early 2014 and my install should be march-may 2015. Thats an extra 6-8 month delay.
new2thescene is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #43
super_delfin00
Valued Poster

I signed up in June of 2014 and my install was Jan of 2015
Old 02-10-2015, 02:48 PM   #44
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2thescene View Post
My experience so far is on # 30
If the sign up deadline in your fiberhood was march 01 2015. Expect the install 4-6 months after the deadline date. Since you don't even have a signup deadline, expect 8-12 months. They will give/post 4-6 months in advance of the signup(deadline) date in your area and installs are 4-6 months after the deadline date.
In my case....my deadline was early 2014 and my install should be march-may 2015. Thats an extra 6-8 month delay.
thanks for the insights
Old 02-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #45
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Was talking to someone the other day and I said i had Google Fiber and they responded that they had Google Chrome. Wasn't sure how to respond.
KCJoe is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women