Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41554
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35931
Mojojo33117

Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #31
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Think of the days when getting tickets to a hot concert required camping outside for days. Our parents didn't get that lol
Don't get that either. I'm not into "worship" of celebrities - bands included. If I have to camp to get tickets, I'd rather hook up an awesome sound system and have a listening party with my friends. And remember, I'm into the underground scene, I look for the awesome artists no one has ever hear of, who are generally playing for tips. They need my support, the international acts don't.

The problem with working in entertainment is that you know what happens beyond the smoke and mirrors and it makes it hard to buy in. Kind of like being a special effect animator and going to see an action movie. All you see are body doubles and smoke machines.

Outside of family, a best friend, or someone I'm madly in love with, there's no one in the world I'd go to such efforts for. Certainly not a celebrity.

I slept through the wedding, and haven't heard boo about it today.

Interestingly as I visited the shops and talked to the people working there, they always asked if I was here for the wedding. When I said I'm trying to avoid it, the universal response was : Good for you, me too. Haven't met a single local that found it less than absurd.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #32
EJunkie
Valued Poster

Some folks chase the events. NOLA during Jazzfest to see most of the same acts you can see anytime; and pay 2X, 3X for accommodation. But they want the crowds.

Not for me, but some like it.
EJunkie is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #33
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

I imagine today would be a great time to go shopping or get restaurant reservations in London, in particular for lunch at a tough to get into venue.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #34
Guest053011
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
I imagine today would be a great time to go shopping or get restaurant reservations in London, in particular for lunch at a tough to get into venue.

Yeah, city is empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJunkie View Post
Some folks chase the events. NOLA during Jazzfest to see most of the same acts you can see anytime; and pay 2X, 3X for accommodation. But they want the crowds.

Not for me, but some like it.

True. It makes them feel like they're part of something important. An age old trick to any live entertainment and clubs is to keep the doors closed as long as possible so there's a visible pile up of people outside the doors because it makes them feel like they're part of something big (even if they grumble about the wait) and makes passer buyers curious and more likely to look up the event themselves, possibly increasing audience for future events.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #35
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
Don't get that either. I'm not into "worship" of celebrities - bands included. If I have to camp to get tickets, I'd rather hook up an awesome sound system and have a listening party with my friends.
Same here! Although i like all styles of music (underground and not underground - well, nowadays even what was once underground is now mainstream - look at Goa-Trance....Which means, i am getting old .. hehe)

I never go to concerts, that said, i have been at two (Phillip Glass and Tricky), and these only because i was invited and it was an almost professional obligation to go. I never look at musicals (except when i was touring with one of my exes , who is a musical actor) ,
and i am not into celebrity worship either (that said, i make an exception for George Clooney, i worship his C*ck any day ;-)..).

Today i was talking with my neighbour ( i am currently in the woods, only farmers surround me) and she is a farmer and told me that she does not understand all that BS about jhow much money they spend for that wedding when the people in Japan (or anywhere) could use it more efficient.

Generally speaking i try to avoid that whole "high roler" lifestyle, i don`t even have a drivers licence nor do i own a car. When i make vacations i rather go couch surfing than into fancy hotels.
That said, i like fancy hotels too, but much rather for professional reasons :-).

Is the wedding over yet?
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #36
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
People have been camped outside for 4 days before the wedding, through cold nights, and light showers. I just don't get it.
well, different tastes. I get it, but i would not do it. But i don`t judge those who do (some friends of mine did that...hehe...)
Old 04-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #37
Guest053011
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
well, different tastes. I get it, but i would not do it. But i don`t judge those who do (some friends of mine did that...hehe...)

Not agreeing, or liking or wanting to participate isn't necessarily a judgment. I don't think it makes anyone bad, or stupid. It's simply alien to me

Old 04-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #38
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Bloody hell Lauren...almost loathe to say this because you don't often complain but youve been a right moaning Minnie in this thread. You're in London when the wedding is on and you knew that was going to be the case. Make the best of it girl!!! Failing all else, jump on a train with your partner to Paris...or to one of the major cities North of London. If you're not enjoying it I can't imagine your partner is either.
It's sunny outside, summer is on it's way...smile. Have fun...enjoy!!!!!!!!

C
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #39
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

BTW, I have to admit, Kate looked stunning and the dress was awesome (my metrosexual side coming out {hell I watch that wedding dress show with Mrs. SRO}). She is just beautiful. I think she is marrying beneath her beauty, but the perks make up for it.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #40
Guest053011
Account Disabled

Camille:

I planned this six months ago and wasn't pleased to be knocked off my pins without an option to change. My travel partner wasn't thrilled by the news of the wedding either. Last I'd been here I was 17, and was hoping to see the London I remembered, and didn't get much of that. However, I did have two good days staying away from the routes.

On that note, some dining suggestions for other travellers:

York and Albany
127-129 Pkwy

I believe opened by a lady chef trained by Gorden Ramsey. The food is wonderful, I especially recommend the Rabbit. The decor is smart, lounge couches face the open kitchen, which is an interesting little twist. They have a little garden with a hand full of tables, and downstairs there's a lovely area absolutely covered in red velvet. The dress code smart casual to lightly dressy. However, being near Camden market, it's a wonderful place to eat after an afternoon of shopping, even if you're dressed in alternative garb. They didn't blink an eye at what I was wearing (renaissance gothic) and as I was leaving I saw a table with some punk chicks downing wine.

The Red Fort
77 Dean St

Indian and Pakistani cuisine - I was most eager for good Indian as many London visitors have raved about it. Everything light spicy bite, but if you ask them to throw in some extra kick they're happy to do it. The decor is minimalist and it's attracts a dressy crowd. The stuffed potatoes were wonderful, so was the lamb.

J. Sheeky
28-31 St. Martin's Ct

A wonderful seafood restaurant. I particularly enjoyed the Shrimp and Scallop burger - it was a most unusual dish to see and delicious. My dinner date enjoyed the dover sole, not being a fish fan (at least not cooked fish) I was surprised how much I enjoyed taking a few bites of his. The deserts were particularly memorable, both the cheesecake ice cream and the roasted plums were to DIE FOR!

Theatre:

Blithe Spirit:
If it's running while you're in town I highly recommend it. I believe it was written in the 1940's. A hilarious comedy about death, that had the whole theatre giggling and laughing. A man accidentally brings back the spirit of his deceased first wife, which then wreaks havoc on his current marriage.

Hurly Burly Show:
A burlesque revue. Cheeky, silly, a good laugh. Doesn't take itself seriously, but is very well funded. A live band, great staging. Polly Rae can actually sing. The costumes had me absolutely SALIVATING.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #41
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
It makes them feel like they're part of something important. An age old trick to any live entertainment and clubs is to keep the doors closed as long as possible so there's a visible pile up of people outside the doors because it makes them feel like they're part of something big (even if they grumble about the wait) and makes passer buyers curious and more likely to look up the event themselves, possibly increasing audience for future events.
Lauren , you do realize that that is the same reasoning (mindset) the no piece of ass crowd has used for years.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #42
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Default :-)

Lauren :-),
I knew you would secretely participate and take this historical pic :-)) to make it worth your stay .... they just couldn`t wait til the wedding night couldn`t they :-)...... (lol)
Old 04-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #43
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Lauren , you do realize that that is the same reasoning (mindset) the no piece of ass crowd has used for years.

I have to agree, its really very similar and i have seen it used here too. To make a statement of distinction. But that is for another thread, right?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:25 AM   #44
Guest053011
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I disagree but I'm not going to bother going into it. There's already a No Piece Of Ass thread going, no need to turn this into one.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #45
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
True. It makes them feel like they're part of something important. An age old trick to any live entertainment and clubs is to keep the doors closed as long as possible so there's a visible pile up of people outside the doors because it makes them feel like they're part of something big (even if they grumble about the wait) and makes passer buyers curious and more likely to look up the event themselves, possibly increasing audience for future events.
But that is something so typical american, sorry to say! I - for example - never bother to wait in line to get in restaurant so and so, i simply don`t do it. Its too annoying, either i get a table right away or i go elsewhere. In Europe we don`t do such a thing. On crowded days you make reservations or you go somewhere else.

Ok i have to admit i am a bit of an elitist when it comes to clubs. Friends of mine own a burlesque and alternative events club in Vienna and i am on any guestlist , also for other clubs. If i have to pay entrance to get into something i am not doing it.
Thats the benefit of being alternative lifestyle, you never have to sign up anywhere :-) People know you. Even in NYC that is of advantage. The polyamory or kinkster people are a neat crowd. So - yes - i admit being part of that kind of elitism. I don`t wait in line, nor do i ever do it.

One time in Austria there was a Cafe where also heaps full of tourists go and i was with my russian girlfriend, and there was a line full of tourists waiting for tables. I went ahead of them and said i have a reservation. The guy asked what my name is and what time and i just pointed on his book and said that`s me and here`s my name.

He smiled and said that reservation was before noon. And i said sorry, i am late. He gave us a table anyway because i made it clear to him that i do not see why i - as an austrian - have to wait in line behind tourists to get a particular table in that restaurant. Period. That is my kind of snobbery. I get what i want when i want it. And if i want a table in a restaurant in vienna then i get it. Period ;-).

i also get on airplanes that are overbooked when i want to, i can be a particular pain in the ass (some people like that). But that is another story.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women