Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48372
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #31
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
More deflection. Now you're saying offshore wages on oil production are taxed while domestic wages are not?

Stop digging when the hole is getting deeper.

"Competing in a global economy" is simply corporate speak for telling Americans they need to work for third world wages or watch their jobs go overseas.

LMAO!

what? you dont understand tax law or what a domestic productions activity deduction is or how its calculated. or maybe comprehension isn't your strong suit. i have no clue as to what you are saying
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #32
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
Someone please explain to me, since I plainly dont understand, how more domestic oil production would not reduce the price of petrol here in the United States.

oil is priced in the global market

price at the pump is regional

we simply dont have enough oil to be 100% independent from global prices and control our own destiny

we increase production 5 million barrels a day, we still buy 5 million imported barrels ..

OPEC cuts production 5 million barrels a day and our increase is offset

some where in this or another thread Blue (mostly) and I gave a rundown of supply/demand/speculation/and global vs regional pricing.

2 Presidents ago, our emergency reserves were put on the "for sale" market to lower prices ... we never sold any of the reserves, but the idea did work short term ... only because we have a massive emergency reserve could we flood the market so to speak.

people seem to forget the usual summer spike in oil $ is on the horizon.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

I read somewhere that we have in the neighborhood of enough domestic oil to keep the US running for 200 years at current levels. If that were true and removed ourselves from the global market and through a nationalized (gasp from the right) oil company wouldnt this solve alot of the budget and energy problems we currently face?
Grifter is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
I read somewhere that we have in the neighborhood of enough domestic oil to keep the US running for 200 years at current levels. If that were true and removed ourselves from the global market and through a nationalized (gasp from the right) oil company wouldnt this solve alot of the budget and energy problems we currently face?

OR
Since every currency in the world, including our is de-facto on the petroleum standard, we could make greater use of our coal and natural gas (put EPA back on a short leash), drill like fiends and export oil to pay off the national debt.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #35
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
what? you dont understand tax law or what a domestic productions activity deduction is or how its calculated. or maybe comprehension isn't your strong suit. i have no clue as to what you are saying

http://www.opencongress.org/articles...-Oil-Subsidies
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #36
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
OR
Since every currency in the world, including our is de-facto on the petroleum standard, we could make greater use of our coal and natural gas (put EPA back on a short leash), drill like fiends and export oil to pay off the national debt.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...174452881.html
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #37
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Someone please explain to me, since I plainly dont understand, how more domestic oil production would not reduce the price of petrol here in the United States.

there is no explanation for a claim such as that

however there are explanations, in some proportion, as to our current woes:

obama appointments to his administration were about 90% from career academics and government bureaucrats as opposed to bush who appointed about 60% from business and aroudn 40% from academics and bureaucrats.

one, i think, can logically conclude that liberal, impractical and theoretical solutions and policies have been embraced at every level in obama's administration. not just limited to the health care debacle.

steven chu for example, the head of the u. s. department of energy. he distinguished himself in california with calls for untested government renewable energy mandates and co2 cap and trade regulations. in 2007, he climbed into a tree to protest global warming for a vanity fair photo spread.

chu, who said in 2008, "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe."

We still have a way to go to achieve Secretary Chu's goal. The average price for a gallon of gas in Europe is what over $10?

President Obama's Secretary of Interior is Ken Salazar. When he was a Senator in 2008, he proclaimed on the floor of the Senate that he would oppose any offshore drilling no matter how high the price of gasoline rose, even to $10 a gallon.

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)

Obama promised to bankrupt anyone foolish enough to build a coal burning power plant.

obama's epa is striving mightily to regulate fracking, searching for some way to hamper the creation of additional reserves of oil and gas by means of horizontal well completions in formations lacking permeability or porosity or both.

obama's adminisitration has caused offshore production to decrease by 11% and onshore government controlled lands to decrease by 16% in 2011 all the while disingenously claiming production is up under his administration. seems necessary in an election year.

now, this year, he is calling for an all the above strategy. calling i say, not doing. whatever gets you through the next election.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #38
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
US has 2% of world's proven reserves.

Oil is a global commodity and the price is a global price.

Should US traders sell US oil to US consumers at below global market price? Or rather, should US try to buy global oil at below global market price?

I'm not sure what you are suggesting.

Drill, baby, drill, stop importing, reduce US proven reserves to 0.5%, and then try to be a world power?

During WWI and WWII, one of the big issues was how to keep oil imports coming to the UK, so they could power the war. Hence the importance of the north Atlantic war, and the bravery of the merchant seamen. People like Deterding started to make their name in WWI. A lot of stuff went on.

Deterding was fascinating. I proof read a PhD thesis on him by a friend many years ago. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Deterding
essence is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women