Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453278
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42383
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36784
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #31
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

ALL career politicians are bought and sold to the highest bidders. Its a fact of life that you just have to try to work around.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #32
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Juan View Post
If I am labled conservative for standing up to people taking more and more of my money because they think I have enough and want to give it people who will vote for them well......... How can you say conservatives hit below the belt for pointing out the flaws in his agenda?
If you honestly think that a Republican in office will make any difference what so ever you are delusional. It takes money and connections to get people elected to office and those people have to be paid back either with hard cash or to be put into a position where they can make hard cash or to pass laws that will enable them to make hard cash. Simple as that.

The Republicans under Bush were focused on one thing. Helping the richest 10% of this nation get richer. They passed laws that prevented the regulation of financial instruments and institutions. Estate taxes for the rich? Not under the Bush watch. It is no suprise what so ever that the crash and bail out can be traced right back to policies that were put in place. Obama had the thankless job of bailing out the institutions that the Republican policies sank so if you are going to rant against Obama bailing out everyone at least be man enough to rant against the people and policies that lead to this.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #33
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Obama had the thankless job ....
Obama "applied" for that job ..

..... he should quit whining, and so should his supporters ... what's left of them.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #34
BigLouie
Valued Poster

The Bush administration’s regulators stood by as the financial industry engaged in some of the most catastrophic and irresponsible practices seen in the history of financial markets and none of you Obama haters seem to have a problem with that. Amazing.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:11 AM   #35
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
The Bush administration’s regulators stood by ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&NR=1

http://www.thehispanicconservative.c...c-debacle.html

The Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac Debacle Articles Thursday, 09 October 2008 18:00 Written by Aaron Rodriguez

"Since 2001, the Bush Administration issued 34 warnings to Congress about the need to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac before it caused substantial economic turmoil in the financial markets. However, they met continual opposition by Congressional Democrats who feared that tighter regulations on lenders would disqualify low-income applicants from affordable housing."

_____________ End of quoted material______________________ _

Like I said ... "whining"............

I do not "hate" Obama .....

.... how could I "hate" a snake oil salesman, ..... just making a living......

..on the government tit?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #36
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
The Bush administration’s regulators stood by as the financial industry engaged in some of the most catastrophic and irresponsible practices seen in the history of financial markets .... and none of you Obama haters seem to have a problem with that. Amazing.
How about those Clinton Lovers .... and I'm talkin' "Bill"?

http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/nov1999/bank-n01.shtml

Clinton, Republicans agree to deregulation of US financial system

By Martin McLaughlin
1 November 1999

An agreement between the Clinton administration and congressional Republicans, reached during all-night negotiations which concluded in the early hours of October 22, sets the stage for passage of the most sweeping banking deregulation bill in American history, lifting virtually all restraints on the operation of the giant monopolies which dominate the financial system.
The proposed Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 would do away with restrictions on the integration of banking, insurance and stock trading imposed by the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, one of the central pillars of Roosevelt's New Deal. Under the old law, banks, brokerages and insurance companies were effectively barred from entering each others' industries, and investment banking and commercial banking were separated.
The certain result of repeal of Glass-Steagall will be a wave of mergers surpassing even the colossal combinations of the past several years. The Wall Street Journal wrote, "With the stroke of the president's pen, investment firms like Merrill Lynch & Co. and banks like Bank of America Corp., are expected to be on the prowl for acquisitions." The financial press predicted that the most likely mergers would come from big banks acquiring insurance companies, with John Hancock, Prudential and The Hartford all expected to be targeted.
Kenneth Guenther, executive vice president of Independent Community Bankers of America, an association of small rural banks which opposed the bill, warned, "This is going to begin a wave of major mergers and acquisitions in the financial-services industry. We're moving to an oligopolistic situation."
One such merger was already carried out well before the passage of the legislation, the $72 billion deal which brought together Citibank, the biggest New York bank, and Travelers Group Inc., the huge insurance and financial services conglomerate, which owns Salomon Smith Barney, a major brokerage. That merger was negotiated despite the fact that the merged company, Citigroup, was in violation of the Glass-Steagall Act, because billionaire Travelers boss Sanford Weill and Citibank CEO John Reed were confident of bipartisan support for repeal of the 60-year-old law."
______________________________ End of quoted material______________

I do not "hate" Bill Clinton either ..... just acknowledge that his s&*t stinks.

Without "regulations" ... it's kinda hard to "regulate"!!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #37
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Vote early....vote often.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #38
live4fun
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearhunter View Post
Vote early....vote often.

I believe in my home town the dead still vote, sometimes multiple times.
live4fun is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #39
Big Juan
Account Disabled

Quote:
If you honestly think that a Republican in office will make any difference what so ever you are delusional. It takes money and connections to get people elected to office and those people have to be paid back either with hard cash or to be put into a position where they can make hard cash or to pass laws that will enable them to make hard cash. Simple as that.

The Republicans under Bush were focused on one thing. Helping the richest 10% of this nation get richer. They passed laws that prevented the regulation of financial instruments and institutions. Estate taxes for the rich? Not under the Bush watch. It is no suprise what so ever that the crash and bail out can be traced right back to policies that were put in place. Obama had the thankless job of bailing out the institutions that the Republican policies sank so if you are going to rant against Obama bailing out everyone at least be man enough to rant against the people and policies that lead to this.
Dude,
You are grossly misinformed and you refuse to read the conservative statements posted here. Didn't mention Republicans, but conservative governing principles, remember the ones that have made this nation so prosperous and great.

This is so basic, but one more time; Pres only has veto powers legally, Congress is the key. If you are not conservative, get out of the way. You are a zit on the face of economic growth.

Who gives a fuck what someone did, they are gone, out of office!!!! We are focusing on current leaches!!!!!

The only problem or 'unregulation' you call it, was the massive mortgage shit Congress created. I suggest you look into who formed and implemented ACORN. Ways and Means Committe oversight by Chairman Barney Frank. My company was forced to do $0 Down payment, no verification, no SS # required as were Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Countrywide, etc. Then the packaged them and sold them to mainly China, as Mtg-Backed Securities through who...... Lehman Bros, etc.

It is so obvious if you do a little investigating.Yeah they have been fucking us Rep & Dem!!!! Just sayin' fuk 'em, vote them out today.

Brother, I truly do admire your passion, just please don't twist the comments and research the truth, not the 99% BS from the media.

God Bless America
Big Juan is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #40
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Juan View Post
....conservative governing principles, remember the ones that have made this nation so prosperous and great.

God Bless America
... and the American voters!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6
Default Barky Jumps The Shark

...and that pie-shrinkin', pie-stealing, pie-eyed on self adulation, little squirrel is squandering $200M per day of our rapidly diminishing treasure to finance his Imperial retreat to India...for the purpose of dodging the electoral wrath of the American nation. Check that..he's not squandering our treasure, he's squandering more borrowed money, and American kiddies are left to fork out the vig. At drastically higher rates than now. Not only is the pissant mortgaging their future, he's doing it with a friggin ARM.

Such hubris as not seen since Carlos V's grand entry into Bologna to be crowned Holy Roman Emperor in 1530 ... at the cost of the greatest loss of the Spanish galleon fleet ever, in the Balearics, and the subsequent loss of control of the Mediterranean, which became the Ottoman Lake. Just so the Flemish shitbird could don the crown in Italy.

Unless it was the Shah's 2500th birthday celebration of the Persian Monarchy in 1971. We all know how that turned out. Of course the Shah had probably never heard of the vindictive little weasel called Jimmah Cahtah when he threw his party.

Great Jump the Shark Moments, all. Contemptible assholes, all.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #42
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4fun View Post
I believe in my home town the dead still vote, sometimes multiple times.
Duval County, Texas? Or Cook County, Illinois? Hizzoner might've tooken cheating lessons from George Parr, through Lyndon, of course.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #43
greenhorn1960
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

The truth of the matter is that this do-nothing numnutz was a snake oil salesman that convinced a slightly more of the masses in the right places to vote for him. This enabled him to secure the election. He has never held a position of authority, or accomplished anything of merit.

He is so arrogant, that he alone has awakened the silent majority enough for them to get off thier asses to mobilize the dead opposition. One termer for sure. Until he came along, Jimmy Carter was the worst president ever.

He has gone out of his way to diminish the office of the presidency, bowing to foreign leaders, apoligizing for America's successes, and bankrupting this country. Even Jon Stewart has no respect for him, called him "Dude" instead of Mr. President.
greenhorn1960 is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #44
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
...you actually put her in the same sentence with "Boehner" and "Cantor"?

She is an embarrassment to herself, but she is too stupid to know it.
Yes, I did. It's not a comparison of their political abilities, intelligence or lack thereof, it's the fact that they are all part of the corrupt establishment and are all planning on welcoming the newcomers in the same way.
I don't trust Boehner any farther than I could throw him. Mark my words, as speaker he will sell out! He might be talking tough now but when it comes down to the nut cutting I don't believe he will put his ass on the line for true conservative principles.
Cantor has done little better. At least he has made some noise but I'll be surprised if his bite is equal to his bark now that he has some real power.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #45
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
...I don't trust Boehner ...
...when I watch the media circus ongoing today "trust" doesn't come to mind.....

... commitment does.

If "they" believe that the "voters" sent the "Republicans" back, then they will not be around long after 2012 .... just like the Democrats who think that the voters gave the Democrats a "mandate" in 2008 went packing.

Someone wanted a "third-party" .... someone is getting one, but it comes in phases and in increments......not big runs for the White House.

Yesterday is a warning shot across the bow....

..... some collateral damage resulted.

The expressed shift yesterday is about principles and attitudes about government vs. people ... not about Parties.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women