Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 04-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #31
EastTxGent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Nicolet's heart was in the right place, when she mentioned prayers for Boston. Even those who don't pray, understand that compassion for the injured, dead, and loss of innocence is appropriate.

As for all the posturing about information outside of Nicolet's thread, I am surprised with the intonation and lack of respect shown between members. This has reminded me of a conversation I once had with a wise old soul. I mentioned an old axiom, "It takes all kinds to make the world." The old gentleman was quick to say, "No....it doesn't! We've just got them!" My interpretation is we could do without some people, because of the troubles they created. That being said, we have members on here who are being most unkind, and that behavior is uncalled for. Please take a moment and decide whether you are one we could do without, or whether you want to make a difference during this time of tragedy.....even if it is only prayers....or compassion.

This is a national tragedy, an attack on all of us. This is a time to pull together rather than be divisive.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #32
EastTxGent
Valued Poster

And, as a believer in prayer, I join Nicolet in prayer. Who else does?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #33
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

My heartfelt thoughts are with the families victimized by this brutal attack.

You wanna pray? Please do so privately.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #34
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I agree with Nicolet. Let's just use this thread to pray and send condolences to those affected by this tragedy.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #35
Nicolet
Account Disabled

User ID: 22480
My ECCIE Reviews

I wasn't asking for a prayer group on a hooker board, sir. I won't bother to say much else, your avatar speaks volumes. And it obviously has nothing at all to do with political affiliation.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #36
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolet View Post
I wasn't asking for a prayer group on a hooker board, sir. I won't bother to say much else, your avatar speaks volumes. And it obviously has nothing at all to do with political affiliation.
I know you weren't dear. But EastTXGent and now the self professed anti religionist, the Unaliar have. Do some reading beyond the avatar, Nicolet.

You're a phony UNALIAR.

I have expressed my condolences to the families of the victims. I'm sure they'll all be checking this forum to read them all, Whiny. You want to pray? Pray you don't make another atheistic statement after this!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #37
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Never claimed to be an atheist, Assup.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #38
Nicolet
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Bowing out gracefully.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #39
EastTxGent
Valued Poster

You are so busy posting, Yssup Rider, that you may not have taken time to carefully read and interpret what I said. And, if you did expend sufficient time in reading and interpreting my posting, perhaps I simply failed to communicate as well as I hoped I had. My apologies for any lack of communication.

In my first post, I stated, "Even those who don't pray, understand that compassion for the injured, dead, and loss of innocence is appropriate." In my second post I stated, "And, as a believer in prayer, I join Nicolet in prayer. Who else does?" I simply wanted to know who else would join me in prayer? I didn't request responses for those who don't believe in prayer, or do not want to pray. I do, however, understand how you could determine my posting as a national call to prayer, which it isn't.

Another portion of my post shared the story of how it doesn't take all kinds to make the world, but we just happen to have all kinds. I encouraged members to look within themselves, and determine where they were aligned. Others may not say it, and many can't say it nicely without vulgarities and personal attacks about one's political positions or intelligence, but I can safely say, "You fit into the mold of a person this world does not need."

I don't really understand why personal attacks are allowed on this board, when there are sufficient rules to halt them. I truly wish today, at least for awhile, we could have handled this tragedy without all the name calling and personal attacks.

As a long-time military member, I will forever defend someone's right to speak. It has always bothered me that this all inclusive right, which I have defended, provides an okay for individuals to speak and act so rudely. Think about it.....one can easily post their position without behavior that truly isn't acceptable.

I have no axe to grind with you....but I do take offense to the manner in which you post. And from what I read, I am not alone in being offended.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #40
Nicolet
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Forgive me for causing such a stir! My post was not meant for debate, although this forum has been become just that. My woman's heart spoke out in a place it should not have. I know I said I would bow out gracefully, but I felt compelled to say something. I respectfully ask a mod to please close this thread.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #41
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Join the club, bubba.

I appreciate your thoughts. I too am ex military. I, too, am saddened and sickened by what happened today.

I am not surprised that this thread turned into an Obama hating Lynchmob before the smoke had cleared.

I support your right to call for prayer. It is my right to comment as I see fit.

I have no axe to grind with you either. However, If you are offended by the way I express myself, then maybe you're chatting on the wrong bulletin board.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #42
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Never claimed to be an atheist, Assup.
You don't ridicule the faithful? You haven't publicly ridiculed the Bible and its teachings?

When you pray, Whiny, what prayers do you recite and to whom?

You're a hypocrite. And a liar.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #43
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

EastTxGent, you are a Texas gentleman. As for Assup, take it to another thread.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #44
EastTxGent
Valued Poster

Thank you, Yssup Rider, for a soft spoken response to my post. It is possible to communicate, which you readily proved, without personal attacks.

I accept what you had to say, and will consider your well stated points.

Good night, sir.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #45
Yssup Rider
BANNED

I did, Reverend!
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women