Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
The entire SC should be removed for being partisan hacks. There should be no conservatives or liberals on the SC, just the best people that can interpret the law of the land. Once partisan politics is involved, you cannot trust their decisions.
If you define conservatives as those who believe in abiding by the Constitution, then it logically follows that all the SCOTUS judges should be conservatives.

If you define liberals those who believe that the government is the answer to every problem and that the Constitution is outdated and stands in the way of progress, then it logically follows that there should be no liberals on SCOTUS.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #32
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

We're 30 posts in and we still don't have a name for this "law professor" that you cite in the title of your thread.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #33
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

John Eastman
Chapman University Law
Orange, Ca. Good school. My niece went there.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #34
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

I meant conservative in the way Americans define themselves as conservatives or liberals (as in political definition). No one in the SC should have a political position, they should be neutral. Of course, conservatives would like everyone to be a conservative and liberals would like everyone to be a liberal. Independent thought and common sense are completely lacking in the political discourse in America.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #35
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

LOL, COsfB and the other TPunks showing genius at work - again....clown school must have let out for recess.

Here's a WetOne---> lose the drool.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
And what is your source for the statement that Roberts changed his mind due to political pressure? The WP blog cite? Not one word is mentioned there about political pressure. And, if you think John Roberts gives a rat's ass what President Obama or John Boehner think, want or desire, you're delusional. That's why it's a lifetime appointment, chief.

A justice changing his mind while a case is pending (assuming that actually happened here) is not at all unusual. Happens frequently, as anyone who has read anything about the SCOTUS would know.

And it is just astonishing that the word "impeach" is mentioned in the same sentence with John Roberts. I disagree with every single opinion he has ever written, including this last. But, he's done nothing even remotely close to a justification for impeachment. It's just more sad evidence of the right-wing lunatics lack of respect for the rule of law....unless the particular law at issue happens to comport with their bizarre and twisted opinions.

Good call on the question of political pressure. Better call on the lack of respect for the rule of law.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #37
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
I meant conservative in the way Americans define themselves as conservatives or liberals (as in political definition). No one in the SC should have a political position, they should be neutral. Of course, conservatives would like everyone to be a conservative and liberals would like everyone to be a liberal. Independent thought and common sense are completely lacking in the political discourse in America.
Fuck you icuminmyownmouth. Who the FUCK are You.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #38
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

And who the FUCK are You?
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #39
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I wonder if the four dissenting opinions were all uniform in their "failure" to reference Robert's argument to uphold.
Only two real dissents, one of which was a dissent in part and concurrence in part, from Ginsberg. In reality, Scalia's opinion was also a dissent in part and concurrence in part although he refused to call it that.
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #40
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
You're in the law biz. Do you think the decision to uphold Obamatax is going to effect the use of the commerce clause in future rulings? Some people are saying that the silver lining, to the decision, is that it will make it harder to use the commerce clause to justify government growth in the future.
Maybe, but there is lots of weasel room in Robert's opinion for the bad guys to let through stuff they like, like a mandatory participation in private retirement accounts to replace Social Security. Though that is clearly "compelling participation in a market," if enough right wing kooks get elected and were to pass that as a sop to Wall Street, these five bozos wouldn't hesitate for a minute to ignore this case and declare that fine and dandy. It just depends on what the program is who is on the court at the time, and whose ox is getting gored.
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #41
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Maybe, but there is lots of weasel room in Robert's opinion for the bad guys to let through stuff they like, like a mandatory participation in private retirement accounts to replace Social Security. Though that is clearly "compelling participation in a market," if enough right wing kooks get elected and were to pass that as a sop to Wall Street, these five bozos wouldn't hesitate for a minute to ignore this case and declare that fine and dandy. It just depends on what the program is who is on the court at the time, and whose ox is getting gored.
Maybe, it's only four conservatives on the court, or as you call them, bozos. John Roberts just lost his claim to being a conservative. If Obama gets reelected, he may get the chance to put a couple more Marxists on the court. Then he can finish destroying the country, without that pesky constitution getting in the way.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #42
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Maybe, it's only four conservatives on the court, or as you call them, bozos. John Roberts just lost his claim to being a conservative. If Obama gets reelected, he may get the chance to put a couple more Marxists on the court. Then he can finish destroying the country, without that pesky constitution getting in the way.

Joe,you remind me a lot of chicken little.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:26 AM   #43
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Ekim, you remind me of Pollyanna. Isn't he cute?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #44
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Ekim, you remind me of Pollyanna. Isn't he cute?

I do have a brighter outlook than most of you doomsayers.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #45
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
Joe,you remind me a lot of chicken little.
I remember when Ross Perot warned the country, in 1992, that if we didn't get deficit spending under control, we would be ruined. A lot of people said he was a "chicken little." It turned out he was right. With 15 trillion in debt and over 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities, I'm not so sure, the sky isn't falling.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women