Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #31
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
It's Bush's fault...fuckers
Which one? Reggie or George?

i read today on the internet, so it must be true, that VY spent money like a drunk sailor. 6k tabs at TGI Fridays. Letting LenDale White drink 70 shots of Patron. that, of course was LenDale's way of getting back at VY for beating USC's ass in the Rose Bowl. Looks like he got VY back alright. But not before he blew his own chances in the NFL.

funny thing about it is that when you look at Bush, VY and M Leinart the "can't miss" pick was Leinart. And he turned out to be the biggest bust of the three. But i bet he's not broke. LOL.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UFvxXFHF2aI
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #32
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
and took Troy and Emmitt with him

Big E after football ..

Smith approached Staubach the way he did Jones. Staubach invited him to work at his company during the summer to learn the ropes. He was impressed by Smith's commitment and eventually helped him form Smith Cypress Partners in 2005.
One of the first deals Smith put together was a $45 million mixed-use project in Phoenix. He was primarily in retail development with Staubach but wanted to broaden his reach. Smith liked the model of Magic Johnson Enterprises, which goes in and revitalizes blighted urban areas. He broke off and formed ESmith Legacy three years later.
The company has offices in Dallas, Baltimore and Philadelphia and is 100 percent minority-owned. The Zenith is a $48 million project with 191 luxury units and 6,000 square feet of retail space in Baltimore. Then there is 414 Water Street, a 31-story, luxury condominium project with views of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. That cost $49 million. I bet all of the former residents of the area really enjoy living there now.
What excites Smith most is what he calls the Harlem project, a vacant site at 125th Street and Lenox Avenue that will be transformed by a major hotel, supermarket chain and the Y. The $81 million project has the blessing of city officials and has received $20 million in federal tax-exempt financing. It is projected to create 129 construction jobs and 81 permanent jobs after the work is complete.
Smith's company also has entered into a partnership with Learning Links Center, a California-based firm that will help it refurbish a 326-unit apartment complex in North Dallas.
Say it ain't so - Emmett's on the government tit? Maybe the hotel will put up the next round of homeless people when a future disaster happens.

Sorta like Mitt Bain obtaining federal funding for companies he took over in order to have more $ he could appropriate as "fees" before he gutted them out of business.

Looks like the 47% is a little bigger than 47%.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #33
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

The fact is a rock would have to lose ten IQ poinst to get to his level.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #34
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quick money- blown on bling and parties. The average lotto winner does the same thing.
Dawgs is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #35
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation NFL Tragedies

These NFL players look like Greek gods when they first come on the field.

These guys are bigger, stronger and faster than most people which is why they won the right to play in the major leagues.

Yet even after having been given so much talent, they foolishly squander their fortunes and tend to end up broke.

The irony is that the Greek gods then become Greek tragedies.

The NFL even provides financial training for these guys to show them how to handle the huge amounts of money suddenly coming in, and yet they still manage to fuck it all up?

. . .Why is that?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/79...former-players
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #36
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

FastGunn, that would be the part where our Greek gods have been taught from the cradle to never pay any attention to anything old white guys with money have to say - even about money.

Taa-Daaaa!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #37
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Say it ain't so - Emmett's on the government tit? Maybe the hotel will put up the next round of homeless people when a future disaster happens.

Sorta like Mitt Bain obtaining federal funding for companies he took over in order to have more $ he could appropriate as "fees" before he gutted them out of business.

Looks like the 47% is a little bigger than 47%.

the vast majority of real estate development is done with government subsidies of some sort .. I think Jones got taxes waived on the new stadium for years to come ?

another case in point for the taken out of context comment "you didnt build that" the republicans pounded in the ground and made themselves look dumber n' hell
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #38
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
the vast majority of real estate development is done with government subsidies of some sort .. I think Jones got taxes waived on the new stadium for years to come ?

another case in point for the taken out of context comment "you didnt build that" the republicans pounded in the ground and made themselves look dumber n' hell
Aw, hell, they didn't have to pound very hard to accomplish that. They started with a big lead.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #39
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation NFL Plan

If the general trend is that these highly physical, but not too smart NFL guys end up broke, then maybe the NFL should come up with a program to transition them out when their playing days are over.

The guys often come from ghettos and generally seem to lack the discipline and sophistication to invest their money while it's coming in by the truck load.

. . . Maybe the NFL could take 20% off the top and invest it for them as a condition of signing up to play.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #40
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
. . . Maybe the NFL could take 20% off the top and invest it for them as a condition of signing up to play.
Players would at least have a bit of a safely net if a substantial retirement plan of some sort was part of a typical deal.

And most of the guys who sign for big bucks would be far better off if it were mandated that the contracts be annuitized in such a manner that they couldn't outlive the stream of annual payments.

That wouldn't fly with the players' unions, though! People like to get their stuff upfront. And as is the case with so many other issues, far too few people learn from the mistakes of others.

The editorial board of the Austin American-Statesman weighed in on the Vince Young issue today:

Updated: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, 2012
Published: 7:12 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, 2012

We'd prefer to remember Vince Young leading the University of Texas to victory against Southern California in the Rose Bowl to win college football's national championship, but today we must consider Young as a cautionary tale.

The Longhorn great is out of the National Football League, his playing days over at age 29 unless a team is willing to give a quarterback with 46 career touchdown passes against 51 interceptions and a disruptive reputation another chance.

Young needs the job. Just how badly became shockingly and depressingly clear this week when the Associated Press reported that little is left of the money Young earned in the NFL, including a guaranteed $25.7 million he received when he was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in 2006.

Whether the money was blown by the quarterback who pulled up in a white limo to announce he was leaving UT to turn pro or, as he alleges in a lawsuit filed in June, purloined by his former agent and financial planner, Young is out the kind of money few of us will ever see.

Young's former agent, Major Adams, a Houston attorney, and his former financial planner, Ronnie Peoples, deny misappropriating $5.5 million of Young's money. (Young's lawsuit calls another $12 million "untraceable.")

Young's financial troubles include a July court ruling that he pay Pro Player Funding $1.7 million for missing a high-interest loan payment in May. Young claims Adams and Peoples took out a $1.9 million loan in 2011 without telling him about it.

For every Magic Johnson or Roger Staubach, to name two professional athletes who took advantage of the contacts and opportunities their sports careers gave them, and then went on to make tons more money than they ever made during their playing days, there are scores of Vince Youngs — big spenders or victims.

In 2009, Sports Illustrated estimated that 78 percent of NFL players are either bankrupt or in financial distress within two years after their careers end. Terrell Owens and Warren Sapp are two notable, recent examples who have seen the millions they earned as professional football players vanish.

Mansions, expensive cars, partying, entourages of hangers-on, back taxes, business scams, child support payments that come with fathering children — the reasons professional athletes struggle financially seem nearly endless. The NFL has programs to help players, active and retired, with financial advice, and it hosts a multiday educational symposium for rookies.

Undoubtedly, more could be done by the league and the universities that profit off players to help them prepare to manage their money. There are limits: What is good advice when stacked against sudden riches, a lack of maturity and attitudes developed by a lifetime of pampering by family and friends, coaches, teammates, fans and, yes, sometimes the media?

Depending on who's doing the measuring — the NFL or the NFL Players Association — and the qualifications used, the average NFL career either lasts just over three years or more than six. Either way, most professional football players have earned most of the money they're ever going to earn by the time they're 30.

In the Associated Press story, Trey Dolezal, Young's attorney, was asked to assess Young's financial situation. "I would just say that Vince needs a job," he said.

Young refused to be interviewed for the story, but he took to Twitter Wednesday, the day after AP's story appeared. "It's a shame to see people revel in and rally around negativity in the media but I guess it's to be expected. Yes, I need a job, who doesn't," he tweeted.

There's no reveling in Young's troubles here. His is a sad story, repeated all too often in professional sports. We hope he soon can turn his cautionary tale into one of redemption.

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/vin...e-2464311.html
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #41
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Cautionary Tale

Thanks for posting that interesting article, captain.

You would think that after a few cycles of this occurrence that the players who follow would learn the lessons well, but they don't and just keep repeating the same mistakes because of a learning disability.

It is heartbreaking to see young men gifted with so much talent and so much promise continue to squander their enormous wealth because they cannot manage their lives or their money.

However, from my personal observation, it is not just professional athletes who mess up their lives.

It's just that greater falls make greater splashes.

. . . I would say that in general about 75% of people fuck up their lives one way or another!

Old 09-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #42
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
It is a rightwing conspiracy. Bush and Chaney fuckin with the brothas.
That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in awhile. Vince is broke because Vince is an idiot! Some people just need to man up and admit they FUCKED UP! I'm sure he was out spending money like an NBA lottery pick. Now look at him, a fall from grace. I don't feel sorry for the poor bastard! Way to go Vince Young, take that to the bank!
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #43
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

I encourage all of us to take it a step further and look in the mirror for the idiot. Why are you (I'd say we but I've never bought an NFL ticket) putting money in these guys pockets? If we are ever short of money for one of the hobby sessions you visit this site for, why are we supporting in any way the mass money machine the professional sports is. It is way out of control, coaches, players, and owners all make too much and somehow or other every dime that they get comes from us, be it taxes or advertising dollars that we pay for by buying products.

These guys are playing games and if we just took a step back and thought about it, I think we'd realize that it would be just as entertaining to watch fit twenty year olds that we all know from our neighborhoods play these games for millions of dollars less. It would probably be more fun, smaller crowds, less disparity, less security, less of a hassle getting to events, no TV blackouts. I am talking about baseball, football, golf, hockey, certainly basketball, all of them. They don't require millions to play a game, they don't deserve ten times the salary of our postman, our butcher, our provider.

So when I see this story of Vince Young, I think justice, and that it probably should be worse for him. And when I read about Emmet's success, I think this shit is fucked. I think E Smith does some good for his communities, so let me qualify that. But no one deserves multi-millions for playing, hosting, reffing, announcing or marketing a game. Don't get me started on Drew Rosenhaus.

Or we could keep going on Madonna or Katy Perry, get them the fuck outta here!
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #44
Guest021817-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I was not a fan of Vince Young at UT, I have a deep dislike for the Titans management,

The guy had the raw talent. But an ego that exceeded the talent.

I lived in Nashville when he was playing there, During football season, I got all the dribble...... Tons of excuses......

as far as money.... I am pretty sure it was shitty management, and living like a rock star, there were many stories on the local news about spending massive amounts of money on shiet,,,,,

I don't feel like doing my homework , but WKRN is a local tv station, I am sure you can figure part of it out there.
Guest021817-2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #45
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Democrat...nuff said.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women