Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48374
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: How Great Of A President Has Obama Been?
His Presidency has been a complete disaster for America. 55 73.33%
His Presidency has been one of the best America has seen. 3 4.00%
Too early to tell. 9 12.00%
Whatever his ranking; it isn't up to him to tell us just how great he is. 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2011, 02:00 AM   #31
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You didn't say anything intelligent enough to refute.

We all knew you would say something like that.

In other words, you can't.

I admit I was wrong. I really thought part of it was you didn't want to.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #32
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Oh, Indulge, Obama isn't inspiring the young people anymore. I guess they got tired of being lied to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_859685.html

Sorry to burst your bubble with facts.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #33
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

LOL Munch! Obama made a very clear statement. You claim he didn't mean what he said. It's a stupid position. He obviously thinks in those areas, he is the fourth greatest president. How do you refute something so obviously wrong. Go back and read the quotes, and find out how stupid you are.

He is easily the 44th best President overall. But don't worry, Romney will give him competition for the 45th spot after the next election.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #34
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Oh, Indulge, Obama isn't inspiring the young people anymore. I guess they got tired of being lied to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_859685.html

Sorry to burst your bubble with facts.
You didn't read the whole article, did you?

This article from last May talks about what he needs to do to inspire the youth vote this time. Doesn't really discuss people leaving the fold. It discusses how to keep them.

So even though you are a prick, you are a dull prick. No worrys about you bursting bubbles.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #35
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

this looks overblown. Obama is not saying hes best president overall.

Obama states he's best 4th presidents behind, LBJ, FDR and Lincoln in two categories; legislative accomplishments and foriegn policy in the 1st 2 years of their terms.

He might have a claim to legislative accomplishments, but hes definitely not 4th in the foreign policy categories.

I have to take issue with on obama's inclusion of LBJ & Lincoln at least on foreign policy ranking, what they did wasn't that particularly significant.

have historians broken down these accomplishments by categories???
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #36
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
LOL Munch! Obama made a very clear statement. You claim he didn't mean what he said. It's a stupid position. He obviously thinks in those areas, he is the fourth greatest president. How do you refute something so obviously wrong. Go back and read the quotes, and find out how stupid you are.

He is easily the 44th best President overall. But don't worry, Romney will give him competition for the 45th spot after the next election.

Happy Holidays!
Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history." Obama.

Sorry. Three quick things you need to be constantly reminded of. Recovering from your stroke and all.

I have never said he didn't mean what he said.

He has never said what you say he is saying.

You talk about what you think he thinks about himself.

Since you don't think health care reform is an accomplishment, why would I discuss his actual position with you? Any president’s actual position in those areas will be debated but any answer will be in the format and criteria used.

Key fact here. It is impossible to assign an exact position. He said, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president. I get that he feels he is in a group in the top shelf, a group that has no definite number of members.

Now we are back to the original argument. He does not say he is fourth. Assholes add words that are not actually said (like "greatest" or "fourth") or explain what the person was thinking to shift the meaning of a quote. Instead of taking the words at face value.

He said he ranks himself as a "top shelf" (my term for raking in top group. Again, don't be a cocksucker and claim he meant 4th when he said "against") president in those 2 areas. Top shelf can be 5, 10, 15, presidents; who knows? I guess the quote shifters will now how many.

I also stated earlier I wasn't going to argue the merits of his choice. Again, why would I discuss or debate this subject with someone that thinks health care reform is bad? There would be no agreement.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 AM   #37
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iINDULGE View Post
I think you're comparing apples to oranges. It seems as though you're saying that if Lincoln could help free the slaves, then Obama's a bum because he hasn't done the same thing. You have to look closely at the state of affairs, economy, Senate and House demographic at the time of Obama's presidency. He is this nation's leader, but separation of powers is reminding us that even the President's powers are limited to what Congress approves.

Admittedly, Obama does not walk on water; however, the fact that this country is lead by a man with the blood of a slave cannot be denied or seen as anything less than epic (no other President can conclusively say that).
He compared himself to Lincoln, and as COG pointed out Barrack Obama is not descended from slaves.

Quote:
Obama has single-handedly re-established the United States standing in the world.
World leaders, British, French, Israeli, Venezuelan, etc., either despise him or laugh at him.

Quote:
Obama's administration put an end to America's real life Boogey man, Osama Bin Laden.
You'll notice that neither you nor Obama bothered to mention Truman who brought an end to WWII - Hitler and Tojo!Against Truman, Obama's directing an assassination is insignificant.

Quote:
He's created a rapid response fund for emerging democracies, pressured Israel to end the Gaza blockade, reached a compromise with Switzerland to bolster tax information exchange (of extreme importance).
That you consider these measures achievements speaks volumes.

Quote:
Also, no President since Kennedy has inspired more Americans under 30, whether voting for or against him, to partake in the political process. Job loss exploded under the Bush administration and had actually improved under Obama.
The numbers regarding unemployment do not support your contention that Obama has improved anything.

Quote:
He appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court. He put an end to the Defense of Marriage Act,
A lesbian liberal! That's an achievement? And what about Supreme Court Justice Benjamin Cardozo? Doesn't his Portuguese heritage qualify him as an Hispanic?

Quote:
He put an end to the Defense of Marriage Act, which was clearly created for the federal discrimination of homosexuals.
You praise the arbitrary and extralegal decision not to enforce the laws? That's not a Constitutional prerogative given to any president.
" . . . he [the President] shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed . . ." Article II, Section 3 - the U.S. Constitution

Quote:
He enacted the largest reform of student financial aid in the last 50 years.
Obama increased taxpayer liability.

Quote:
Last, but not least, he will end the debacle that has been the war in Iraq before his administration ceases.
Once again, how is that "better" than Truman bringing an end to WWII? Or Eisenhower ending Korea? Or Nixon ending Vietnam?

Quote:
I'm not saying Obama is the second coming, but let's at least acknowledge that he is taken us in the right direction and that you cannot make a fair comparison until his presidency has ended.
Obama the narcissist is making the comparisons.

Quote:
Side note, did you really mention Presidents Chester Arthur, Calvin Coolidge, and Warren Harding?
Yeah! Obama really is at the bottom of the barrel, since those men can match and surpass anything Obama claims he has done.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:39 AM   #38
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

As Humpty Dumpty once said “A word means whatever I want it to mean”. ... Ignoring the obvious meaning of the statement. Munch, you are fun.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #39
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

"Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history." Obama.

To paraphrase: "Except for the administrations of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln, my [Obama] administration has accomplished more than (been superior to) any other administration [president] in modern history in matters pertaining to foreign policy and 'legislative achievement'." Equivocation and the parsing of words does not change the meaning of what Obama said.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 AM   #40
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
For the purposes of this thread, he specifically said in the legislative and foreign policy areas. Many posters take that as an overall rating when it only covers a portion of the job.

1."legislative" = implementation of domestic policies
2. "foreign policy" = implementation of foreign policies
3. .. "Commander in Chief" .... (see #2, above).

Other than concerts at the White House, junkets to his "homeland" and buying sprees for the "first lady" ... toning up his golf game and practicing jump shots ...

what else is there? Community organizing?

Apparently there is growing support for him in law enforcement:

Police Do Care
It is irritating when people come down on police officers, saying that they don't care about or respect others. Here is a story that clearly shows not all cops are in that way.

The police department in the small hill country town of Fredericksburg , Texas, reported finding a man's body recently in the early evening in the Pedernales River near the state highway-87 bridge. The dead man's name would not be released pending notification to his family.

The man apparently drowned due to excessive beer consumption while visiting "someone" in Kerrville. He was wearing black fishnet stockings, 4 inch spiked heels, a red garter belt, a pink G-string, purple lipstick, dazzle dust on his eyelids, 1/2 inch false eyelashes and an Obama T-shirt.

The police removed the Obama T-shirt to spare his family any unnecessary embarrassment.

See there, some police do care.

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #41
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
1."legislative" = implementation of domestic policies
2. "foreign policy" = implementation of foreign policies
3. .. "Commander in Chief" .... (see #2, above).

Other than concerts at the White House, junkets to his "homeland" and buying sprees for the "first lady" ... toning up his golf game and practicing jump shots ...

what else is there? Community organizing?

Apparently there is growing support for him in law enforcement:

Police Do Care
It is irritating when people come down on police officers, saying that they don't care about or respect others. Here is a story that clearly shows not all cops are in that way.

The police department in the small hill country town of Fredericksburg , Texas, reported finding a man's body recently in the early evening in the Pedernales River near the state highway-87 bridge. The dead man's name would not be released pending notification to his family.

The man apparently drowned due to excessive beer consumption while visiting "someone" in Kerrville. He was wearing black fishnet stockings, 4 inch spiked heels, a red garter belt, a pink G-string, purple lipstick, dazzle dust on his eyelids, 1/2 inch false eyelashes and an Obama T-shirt.

The police removed the Obama T-shirt to spare his family any unnecessary embarrassment.

See there, some police do care.
nice, they removed his t-shirt, but not his outfit which I think would be highly embarrassing.

cheeky!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #42
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Obama said "against any presidency" !!!!

For those who don't know American history that would be Washington to Bush 42.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #43
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Obama said "against any presidency" !!!!

For those who don't know American history that would be Washington to Bush 42.
You are correct. Perhaps the Anointed One “forgot” about what Washington, John Adams, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe accomplished.

Washington alone accomplished more on his last day in office than many – if not most – of his successors accomplished in their entire term of office. In a country that might have accepted Washington as king, he willingly surrendered supreme power and returned to live out his life as a common citizen; thus, allowing voters to peacefully select his successor.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #44
iINDULGE
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40
Red face

President Obama’s record on foreign policy and national security is proving to be rather exceptional IMHO. Obama's foreign policy has been impressive. Have we all looked passed the Arab spring, the fall of Gadhafi, withdrawal from Iraq (this generation's Vietnam), and the end of Osama Bin Laden. You cannot deny these achievements.

However, domestic policy doesn’t work this way. Decisions over job creation, aren't made by the president alone; they’re dependent on a ridiculous Congress, dominated by fools and charlatans, some of whom seem to want to hold the economy back on purpose. We all know all too well, Congress is ineffectual, caught in gridlock and extremism, unable to solve problems because of the severe partisanship. Nonetheless, the Obama administration has still strengthened the ability of Americans to challenge discriminatory pay, increased health insurance coverage for children of working-class families, invested more money in the social safety net than in past decades, cut taxes for middle-class America, extended unemployment insurance, and attempted to provide health care to tens of millions of uninsured Americans.

Quote:
He is easily the 44th best President overall
What I'm saying is that as of late, more Americans are either in love or just hate the President and are basing these emotions on nothing more than partisanship.

How could anyone, even in jest, state that Obama's the worst President we've ever had? The President before him single-handedly dropped the ball so many times that most Americans forgot he was still playing the game. Hurricane Katrina and in his own words his lackluster effort in locating Osama Bin Laden will forever define the President Bush administration.

Presidents like James Buchanan (refused to challenge either the spread of slavery or the growth of the Confederacy), Herbert Hoover (poor communicator who fueled trade wars and exacerbated the Depression), Ulysses S. Grant (brave, but ignorant to the political system), Millard Fillmore (he backed the Compromise of 1850 that delayed the Southern secession by allowing slavery to spread), Andrew Johnson (narrowly survived impeachment after opposing Reconstruction initiatives), Warren Harding (not only ineffectual and indecisive but turned his head as his friends plundered the U.S. treasury), et cetera are not even remotely on the same level as Obama. If you think so, then you my friend are going through the initial stages of dementia.
iINDULGE is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #45
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
President Chester Arthur backed the Pendleton Civil Service Act which ended the inefficient and corrupt practices associated with Jackson’s ‘spoils system’.

President Theodore Roosevelt’s achievements: Nobel Peace Prize for actually negotiating peace in Asia (unlike an obnoxious, modern recipient). Known as the “Trust Buster”, TR worked with the labor movement to achieve better working conditions and higher wages. Issued the Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine ensuring European nations and colonialism were kept a bay in the Western hemisphere. Initiated construction on the Panama Canal. Initiated major advances in U.S. conservation policy.

President Harding achieved a major foreign policy coup by calling the Washington Conference and initiating arms limitation agreements that keep world peace throughout the 1920s. Harding reconstituted American civil liberties by repudiating the Espionage Act of 1917 employed Wilson to unconstitutionally imprison political foes, e.g. Debs and others: whom Harding released from prison. He also averted a post war recession and presided over a ‘roaring’ domestic economy.

President Coolidge also presided over a roaring domestic economy.

President Truman ended WWII. That’s not insignificant in anybody’s book. He helped initiate and backed the war crimes proceedings at Nuremberg and in Tokyo. Initiated the Marshall Plan in Europe. Advanced the Truman Doctrine. The Berlin Airlift. He initiated civil rights legislation and integrated the U.S. military. Helped create the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). Defended S. Korea against invasion.

President Eisenhower: Truce in Korea (still holding). Interstate Highway System. Civil Rights Act of 1957. Established NASA. Mobilized the National Guard to protect the Little Rock Nine.

These men far exceeded Obama's accomplishments in both the foreign and the domestic arena.

Huzzah.....excellent post.

Also add: Eisenhower, paid down our national debt in 2 out of the 8 years he served. It would have been nice if he had done more to pay down debt, but given the fact that he is the last President to pay down debt at ALL, he still gets kudos.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women