Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70753
biomed162906
Yssup Rider60564
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48531
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42084
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36440
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #31
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi View Post
If they wanna make us safe delay the lights !!!!
The red or the green?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/pedestrian.asp

Notice the vehicles coming to a stop on the otherside of the intersection ...

.... they are in the "majority"... as in more of them!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #32
Satin
Valued Poster

LL, very good explanation...much appreciated....

D_J, damn bro, once again we think exactly alike. My views on this are exactly what you just articulated. I could not have said it any better.
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #33
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
You mean the former mayor and asshole city council members who passed the 3 ft rule law?

Or the other former mayor and asshole city council members who passed the 750 foot from a school or church law?

Yeah, I didn't vote for them again either...but somehow they got re-elected.
A bit off topic but since this has truned into a political discussion the 3 ft 750 ft thingy cam into being in 1998. Old Big Bob Lenier was the Mayor but the chief blamies would be the city council.
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldscum View Post
A bit off topic but since this has truned into a political discussion ....
In today's economic environment a "cost-benefit" analysis is political.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #35
LittleSpike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

The bottom line is that the cameras are a revenue generating scam. I received one of their tickets in the mail, and it wasn't even my vehicle (or license number) in the photo.
Needless to say I didn't pay it, but it was a waste of my time to straighten out the matter.

LS
LittleSpike is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #36
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

It is my understanding that the judge ruled that the vote was improperly put on the ballot... aka it was a procedure issue...

Had they followed the rules doing that, the vote would have been legit.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #37
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
Location: Private Incall ~ Westchase/Memorial/Energy Corridor
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSpike View Post
Needless to say I didn't pay it, but it was a waste of my time to straighten out the matter.

LS

Exactly. My dad felt the same way.
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #38
Darth Houston
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

The city put the case in federal court because it knew it was more likely the judge would rule the way it wanted (in favor of the red light cameras) in federal court. Typical politicians: we know what is best for you, never mind what you say, and give us money to feed our corruption machine.
Darth Houston is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #39
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Some times the air is a bit fresher at the higher levels of discourse. Try it.
I've always considered you to be opinionated, but the "higher levels of discourse" is another subject for another day. I guess we can agree to disagree on that subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
...until the taxpayers cough up the dough to post an officer at every friggin controlled intersection in the city ... 24/7 ... at an estimated cost of about $250,000 or more a year FOR EACH INTERSECTION.... so knuckleheads cannot exercise their "right" to blast through intersections to save a few minutes of their precious time.
Oh please...don't you think that statement is (putting this nicely) a little over the top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
D_J, damn bro, once again we think exactly alike. My views on this are exactly what you just articulated. I could not have said it any better.
High praise from 'THE MAN!'. Thanks amigo.
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #40
Smoke2nd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

I got a violation notice a couple years ago. It was my vehicle, and it did run the red light. I asked for an administrative hearing, and the reply was a dismissal.
Apparently they are not set-up to contest someone who wants to fight them. They are set-up to collect the revenue they receive.
These violation notices are not under the jurisdiction of any court, so it is a pure scam.
This was my experience.
Smoke2nd is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #41
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke2nd View Post
I got a violation notice a couple years ago. It was my vehicle, and it did run the red light. I asked for an administrative hearing, and the reply was a dismissal.
Apparently they are not set-up to contest someone who wants to fight them. They are set-up to collect the revenue they receive.
These violation notices are not under the jurisdiction of any court, so it is a pure scam.
This was my experience.
Aren't we supposed to be able to face our accusers? Or is this just one big intimidation scene where we are just supposed to write a check because we just got a 'bill'?
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 AM   #42
adi
Gaining Momentum

[QUOTE=LexusLover;1464778]The red or the green?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/pedestrian.asp

Notice the vehicles coming to a stop on the otherside of the intersection ...

.... they are in the "majority"... as in more of them![/QUO

No disrespect LL but thats 1 in a million . I dont want big brother controlling everything this stuff has to stop.
adi is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #43
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi View Post
No disrespect LL but thats 1 in a million . I dont want big brother controlling everything this stuff has to stop.
You don't want "big brother" controlling intersections?

What's one in a million?

Idiots accelerating to run red lights?

I hate to break it to you, but the cameras were not set up to spy on you, nor were the ones on the toll roads. They were set up because people either are too ignorant of the laws regulating traffic or they simply are so self-centered that they believe that "the laws" apply to everyone else but them. And that is just the folks who are driving sober.

Never have seen more people advocating or excusing running red lights....in writing no less. Some funny stuff.

Here's #2 "in a million"...

In that one the pedestrian was not as fortunate. Remember?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #44
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit13 View Post
It is my understanding that the judge ruled that the vote was improperly put on the ballot... aka it was a procedure issue...

Had they followed the rules doing that, the vote would have been legit.
+1 ....

The operative phrase in this discussion and this thread is ...

"Had they followed the rules ..... "

See: Texas Transportation Code.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #45
topcat19542001
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

I think we should take the sledge hammers and not only take down the cameras, but take down the traffic lights too. We’ll just operate on the “honor system.” But let’s not stop there, let’s remove the Mayor and all the councilmen. Who needs them, they just do stuff to piss us off. The city/county court system??? Take it down, it’s just a bunch of laws that nobody's paying attention to anyway. But let’s not stop. The Governor, he’s gotta go. Lieutenant governor too, and the Senators and state legislators. And let’s repeat this with all 50 states and territories. But wait, we’re not done. Let’s move to the Feds, they all gotta go, from the President on down. The courts? Gone. The prisons? Burn them down with the prisoners still in them! Or maybe a good hunt. And do we need a military? Nope. Total waste of money.

So there we have it. No taxes, no laws. Finally, only the people that work will have any gold to spend. That’s right… there’s no money in a lawless land. Just gold. Everything will be easy to understand. Everything will be black or white. The middle class won’t complain, hell, there won’t BE any middle class. You ask about the poor and disabled? Yeah, there’ll be a few beggars at first. No problem there, you’ll learn to ignore them. Most of us true Libertarians have been doing it for years. And eventually they’ll “starve, starve, starve,” like that American hero John Hagee said. That man truly comes from Gawd. We could call ourselves the United States of Somalia. Oh Somalia, that’s already taken. No matter, where’s my hammer, damn it? Let’s take ‘er down!

I'm just sayin'.
topcat19542001 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women