Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #31
CJ7
Valued Poster

IMO the Dr's are pissed because the healthcare law more or less ties a knot in thier ability to gouge the shit out of Medicare/Medicade

as stupid as the right wants the medical profession to be, I'd say Dr's cant or wont give up a dime that would have any impact on their lifestyle.

right winger logic

I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and over a decade of my life to become a Dr, I live in a $2M house, have 3 Mercedes, a 25 year old wife thats hotter than a soprts illustrated swimsuit model, take vacations to europe twice a year, have a ski lodge in Aspen and a summer home in Key West ... Obama passed a healthcare law so I fucking quit this Dr shit !

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #32
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submodo View Post
Blah, blah, blah...

I remember back when Johnson started medicare/medicaid, 83% of doctors where going to quit then too.
If there is one single president to blame for us being bankrupt, maybe even more than Obama or FDR, it's Lyndon Johnson. He's the guy that really cranked up the social welfare state back in the sixties. In 1965, the black illegitimacy rate was 25%; now it's 70%. Johnson's welfare programs destroyed the black family.

The spending for Medicare was projected to double the first year. LBJ knew that the estimated costs were ridiculously low for Medicare and Medicaid. Americans were tricked into supporting Medicare and Medicaid in much the same way that Obama is trying to fool us into supporting Obamacare.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #33
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I hear ya about the doctors quiting; they got a good thing going with Medicare payments....the medical services game will change, but I doubt many will quit.....the cost of compliance with ObamaCareTax is going to be an awakening for healthcare professionals...........bureau rcrats and compliance regulators will rule their lives.

The doctor - patient relationship was executed by the Robert's decision.

ObamCareTax needs to be killed...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submodo View Post
I'm pretty familiar with LBJ's skill at lying. I've still got some scars to prove it.

But doctors crying the sky is falling, I'm gonna quit, is an old song I've heard for a long time. Just now a new verse.

You want to see some doctors quit practicing? Stop all Medicare payments tomorrow.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #34
CJ7
Valued Poster

theres plenty of new fresh out of med school Dr's more than willing to fill in any gaps in the profession ..

these kids are starving to enter the medical profession, Medicade be damned.

write that down
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #35
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
83% of 699 are CONSIDERING
With a margin of error of + or - about 91%.

699 respondents to a faxed survey sent to over 16,000 fax numbers.

And who's going to be motivated to respond to that kind of survey? The COG's and the Joe Bloes in the profession. All 580 of them.

COG punked again!
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #36
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
With a margin of error of + or - about 91%.

699 respondents to a faxed survey sent to over 16,000 fax numbers.

And who's going to be motivated to respond to that kind of survey? The COG's and the Joe Bloes in the profession. All 580 of them.

COG punked again!

And who's going to be motivated to respond to that kind of survey? The StupidOldFart's and the Joe Bloehards in the profession. All 580 of them.

There I fixed it for you!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

CJ7, you need to go talk to some doctors, and ask THEM about Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements.

The primary care practice I routinely use will not take Medicare/Medicaid assignments. Their reason is simple: Medicare/Medicaid does not pay the actual cost of providing service, period, and they take forever to pay what pittance they DO pay. I'm not speculating about this. A while after they put the sign up, I asked them about it, and they explained the situation, in detail.

I ran into something similar at a similar small primary care practice in Austin TX, while on a trip home. Same story, same reasons.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #38
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

O's Medical Insurance

Trump Explains "Dumbo Care." No one has summed it up better than Trump!!!

'Let me get this straight . . ..
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and
fined if we don't,
Which, purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents,
written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it,
passed by a Congress that didn't read it (but exempted themselves from it),
and signed by a Dumbo President who smokes,
with funding administered by a treasury chief who
didn't pay his taxes,
for which we'll be taxed for four years before any
benefits take effect,
by a congress which has
already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare,
all to be overseen by an obese surgeon general
and financed by a country that's broke!!

What the hell could possibly go wrong?'
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #39
Submodo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Next time you are in there, ask one of the doctors if his/her Graduate Medical Education was majority funded by Medicare/Medicaid.

Couldn't have been, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
CJ7, you need to go talk to some doctors, and ask THEM about Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements.

The primary care practice I routinely use will not take Medicare/Medicaid assignments. Their reason is simple: Medicare/Medicaid does not pay the actual cost of providing service, period, and they take forever to pay what pittance they DO pay. I'm not speculating about this. A while after they put the sign up, I asked them about it, and they explained the situation, in detail.

I ran into something similar at a similar small primary care practice in Austin TX, while on a trip home. Same story, same reasons.
Submodo is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #40
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

12 years of college (with pre-med concentrations), 4 years of med school, 1year of internship, 4 year residency, 1year fellowship, making $250k -$450k still. They're going to quit and do exactly what instead? Sell used cars? Get jobs at the country club as a bar tender? Hey're fuckin' doctors. Unless they've made their nut, they're going to keep working and keep drawing in that big salary. Period.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

That salary ain't so big after malpractice insurance (thank you TTH), office overhead, Medicare compliance, insurance verification, taxes, continuing education and more. I see a lot of doctors in my new profession, and none of them are as affluent as the public thinks they are. I've been told numerous times that while in the past nearly 80% of their time was spent practicing medicine, it is now less than 40%. The rest of the time is spent in documentation and compliance with ever-increasing government regulation.

Over time, if Obamacare is not repealed, the health care will be provided more and more by bureaucrats, and less and less by professionals.

Even you, TTH, should be able to understand that if you limit what doctors can make, and increase their costs at the same time, fewer people will want to be doctors, and the ones who do will generally be lower quality. If a doctor is smart enough to make $250k -$450k practicing medicine, they are smart enough to do something else that pays a similar rate, with much less headache.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #42
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Over time, if Obamacare is not repealed, the health care will be provided more and more by bureaucrats, and less and less by professionals.
You mean the professionals that work at Blue Cross/Blue Shield?

Quote:
If a doctor is smart enough to make $250k -$450k practicing medicine, they are smart enough to do something else that pays a similar rate, with much less headache.
Then why didn't they?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #43
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I dont doudt that in the least sidewinder or the fact that demographics have alot to do with the clinics that do accept Medicare/Medicade. I dont expect either to change in that scenario ... for now.

but ...

factor in 33 million new insurance policies and the entire scenario changes top to bottom... Im not positive the Dr's will miss out on the influx of new patients and the opportunity at the pay window ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #44
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

CBJ7, do you have ANY idea about the new regulations, paperwork and reporting requirements that doctors are facing under the new law. It's not the same system. The system is being fundamentally changed, and health care will change as well. It won't be the same. Many older, experienced physicians are getting out.

How much will the insurance cost those 33 million? Many of them did not have insurance because they did not want or need insurance. That money goes to the insurance companies, not the doctors. So far, the only doctors I've met who are in favor of Obamacare are those who are teaching in medical schools, and not practicing.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #45
thorleif3x
Gaining Momentum

A large amount of private physicians around here will not accept Medicaid/Medicare because of how screwed up the paperwork system has become under Govt. management. Another one i know closed his practice last year and one contributing factor was the Govt. mis-management involving insurance claims.
The system is in dire need of repair, but OC is not the answer.
thorleif3x is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women