Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60250
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48403
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41299
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35719
Mojojo33117

Old 10-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #31
chicagoboy
Ribbed, For Her Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotindallas View Post
Okay, I'm getting the message. That wasn't the brightest idea I ever had.
Your avatard is the best thing you've posted UITB.
chicagoboy is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:56 AM   #32
Brandofan
loves your furry kitty

Encounters: 38

If there was a way for the community to downvote posts this site could be more self-policing. I've seen other sites do something like this.

For example, if a troll makes a post that has 1 upvote and 15 downvotes then the post is hidden. The algorithm needs to be more refined than that obviously.

The downsides are that I don't think the software on which ECCIE is based can do that, plus such a system can lead to 'groupthink' where unpopular but legitimate opinions are silenced.
Brandofan is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #33
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Encounters: 65

At one job I had, the employee dress code ran to five pages. The final section said something like, "Notwithstanding anything that precedes this paragraph, if we don't like what you're wearing, we'll send you home and ask you to change into something more appropriate."

Moderators and ownership should adopt a similar philosophy: "No matter what the rules and guidelines say, if we think you're an idiot or an asshole, or you are generally making the board an unpleasant place, we'll warn you/point you/suspend you/terminate your membership."

I think you would see more people participate, and the quality of discussion increase, if they did so.

I also think I probably wouldn't tolerate people whom I invited into a house I built who proceeded to run my friends off, shit all over the living room, and, in general, make the place uninhabitable.

Just MHO, and worth what you paid for it.

In the meantime, invariably, when curiosity gets the better of me and I click on a comment made by someone on my Ignore list to find out what he or she said, all it does is reconfirm my decision. Trust me, your life gets better when yo add idiots, assholes and trolls to your Ignore list.
Sir Lancehernot is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #34
hotindallas
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot View Post
Moderators and ownership should adopt a similar philosophy: "No matter what the rules and guidelines say, if we think you're an idiot or an asshole, or you are generally making the board an unpleasant place, we'll warn you/point you/suspend you/terminate your membership."
This would be great. I must admit, however, that an implementation of this policy could be problematic if the board was to get a rogue Mod. Any suggestions on how the Mods themselves would be policed?

Quote:
I think you would see more people participate, and the quality of discussion increase, if they did so.
This sums up the whole reason I started this thread !!!

BTW - If any of y'all have any ideas on how we as members can help keep this place out of the gutter, please post. Yes, I know; Troll-Tards will probably flame you. So what? They are going to flame you anyway.

Those of us who really want to see improvement will appreciate your input. I posted a bad idea here last night. It got commented on rather negatively. Yep. It wasn't my brightest moment. We all have 'Duh' moments. Adults should be able to accept constructive criticism from each other.
hotindallas is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #35
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotindallas View Post
This would be great. I must admit, however, that an implementation of this policy could be problematic if the board was to get a rogue Mod. Any suggestions on how the Mods themselves would be policed?
Who polices the bouncer who asks you to leave a bar?

Ultimately, it's ownership's/management's house. They get to decide who gets to visit and who doesn't. They get to decide when someone with authority has abused it.

Pick your poison: Insist that the powers that be exercise more authority, or let the inmates run the asylum. Having long felt that the latter was the case, I'd be happy to try the former.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #36
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Still a ton of ass on this sight. Many ladies just post ads and pm to setup appointment's and have zero clue if they are given good, bad, or bogus reviews. Moreover, they don't care.

Some participate in and even add to the drama, others do but then leave.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:03 PM   #37
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
At one job I had, the employee dress code ran to five pages. The final section said something like, "Notwithstanding anything that precedes this paragraph, if we don't like what you're wearing, we'll send you home and ask you to change into something more appropriate."

I also think I probably wouldn't tolerate people whom I invited into a house I built who proceeded to run my friends off, shit all over the living room, and, in general, make the place uninhabitable.

Just MHO, and worth what you paid for it.

In the meantime, invariably, when curiosity gets the better of me and I click on a comment made by someone on my Ignore list to find out what he or she said, all it does is reconfirm my decision. Trust me, your life gets better when yo add idiots, assholes and trolls to your Ignore list.

The only problem with that the rules are the rules. Did you forget that aspd had modtards that ran fiefdoms? Modtards banned members for no reason concerning aspd. Modtards in several areas were de facto pimps in those areas. Do you want to see another epic meltdown like aspd? The modtards did it, not Amber.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #38
chicagoboy
Ribbed, For Her Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
The only problem with that the rules are the rules. Did you forget that aspd had modtards that ran fiefdoms? Modtards banned members for no reason concerning aspd. Modtards in several areas were de facto pimps in those areas. Do you want to see another epic meltdown like aspd? The modtards did it, not Amber.
Aye, aye - Skipper!
chicagoboy is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #39
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Quote:
I don't recall any of that at ASPD, and I can't comment on how any of that came about or compare any of it to the possibility of what might happen here.

But if you can't trust the people to whom you have granted authority to exercise it prudently, you should not have granted them that authority.

If you make it impossible or very difficult to excise the assholes and idiots, you will eventually wind up with nothing but assholes and idiots.

To extend my metaphor earlier, if the builder and occupants of a house don't do anything to discourage visitors from shitting all over the living room and making the house uninhabitable for anyone but those who defile it, no one should be surprised when the quality of visitors declines. Conversely, make the house at least habitable, make it known that living-room shitters are not welcome, and I think you'll see the quality of your company increase.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #40
hotindallas
Valued Poster

Quote:

Quote:
But if you can't trust the people to whom you have granted authority to exercise it prudently, you should not have granted them that authority.
I don't really know the story behind the collapse of ASPD (I was on a hobby hiatus at that point) - I know that some bad shit went down, but no details.
Pyramider, you are correct that Fief-Mods and Pimp-Mods would be a very bad thing.
Sir Lancerhernot, you are also correct - we need to be able to trust the people in authority.

I don't know the details of the upper echelons of Eccie, but I'm sure that someone somewhere is making money...otherwise this place would have been gone a very long time ago. It must be in their best interest to keep Eccie going. There has to be some trust in at least the highest authorities over this place...or there is NO solution. It is up to the folks above the Mods to keep the Mods in check (but we can apparently help with THAT as well):

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php...&highlight=rtm

Lord, I wish I knew the perfect solution, but I don't. I'm sincerely hopeful that by having a continued conversation about it, somehow a good solution can be found.
What I do know is that like Sir Lancehernot, I am getting very tired of the guests shitting in the living room, busting out the windows, and wiping their dicks on the drapes.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #41
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

There are 11k active members on this board as I type this. I remember when ASPD hit 3k total members. There is no comparison of the two.

There are at least as many good people on this board as there were on ASPD. Speak to them, and ignore the others. You have to develop your own noise canceling device (the Ignore and RTM functions should help), but it can be done.

It’s been said, “you get the board you deserve.” I now subscribe to that. I review, share intel, then play along with the miscreants when it suits me. I’ve adapted, but haven’t completely let go of the old ways.

Maybe not the best way to reach nirvana, but it’s working for me.
TinMan is online now   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #42
Glenn Quagmire
Lifetime Member

Encounters: 8

Quote:
If the guidelines are not being violated then the modtards cannot slap the trolls around, this is not aspd where the modtards enforced their own rules rather than aspd's rules. Remember to read the guidelines, I never have made it to #5.
Dayum. It seems you are carrying around some very old resentments. Who scarred you so badly in the pubescence of your hobby life?
Glenn Quagmire is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:31 AM   #43
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Quote:
I don't recall any of that at ASPD, and I can't comment on how any of that came about or compare any of it to the possibility of what might happen here.

If you make it impossible or very difficult to excise the assholes and idiots, you will eventually wind up with nothing but assholes and idiots.

To extend my metaphor earlier, if the builder and occupants of a house don't do anything to discourage visitors from shitting all over the living room and making the house uninhabitable for anyone but those who defile it, no one should be surprised when the quality of visitors declines. Conversely, make the house at least habitable, make it known that living-room shitters are not welcome, and I think you'll see the quality of your company increase.
You are losing with the metaphor. Icky has its guidelines and the modtards are expected to enforce those guidelines across icky. If someone decides to violate a guideline then the modtards are expected to act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire View Post
Dayum. It seems you are carrying around some very old resentments. Who scarred you so badly in the pubescence of your hobby life?
Not resentful, just making sure people understand that aspd was not all that some seem to remember. Hell, I got the last laugh on the modtards on aspd by creating multiple handles when they stated I could not. I even staged a couple of flame wars with myself. I, or should I say my provider persona, was even POD one day. I was so proud.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:53 AM   #44
hotindallas
Valued Poster

Quote:
I, or should I say my provider persona, was even POD one day. I was so proud.
Off topic, but Pyramider, I've got to ask, how much money did you make from it?

Back on topic, I agree that you can't compare ASPD to Eccie. Besides, ASPD went under, so obviously there were serious flaws there. I don't think any of us want to re-create a failed entity from the past.

The point here is how to wrest control of the place back from the Troll-Tards. I think Tin-man's points were VERY valid. I know that under normal circumstances, if I know someone is a Troll-Tard, I ignore them, unless they are one of the relatively non-repugnant ones. Perhaps that's the key - if enough of us totally ignore all known repugnant asshole-ish Troll-Tards, they might just get tired of the lack of attention and go away.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #45
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

No money but there were some modtards filling my PM box with requests and offers.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women