Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41556
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35931
Mojojo33117

Old 09-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #3106
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

By Schaub throwing that pick six on third down showed that Kubs wanted to go for the win. Had he just elected to "run the ball again" we would have punted and their offense would have had to have gone the distance of the field for a TD. Who knows whether or not they would have scored. But with the way our defense was playing, I would not have bet on them getting six.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #3107
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Kubiak? Go for the win?

:facepalm:

Okay...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #3108
TheDon
Valued Poster

You're right, sill me, going play action was obviously the conservative call in that situation.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #3109
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Did you see his previous five play action plays? Turtleboy...looking for a place to fall down before he gets hit.

Look, I admire your sticktoitiveness...I'm not doom and glooming the rest of the season or advocating anything, I'm simply making observations, and if you think that I'm the only person in the sports world who is going to be questioning that play, or many other plays in the second half, then I guess there's nothing else to say...
Old 09-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #3110
TheDon
Valued Poster

Yeah, Schaub was taking sacks late, that's fine though, those plays were he buckles down and falls eats up clock, it's better than in-completions/interceptions which stops the clock/gives other team possession. Schaub turtleing up would have been the best thing to do on that play. Second best (and only other option) would have been to throw the ball out of play. But he did the one thing you couldn't do on that play; throw a pick...

I never said you were a "doom and gloom" guy, Wakeup. I just don't see how you can pin those errors on Kubs being conservative. The O-line had one of it's better days run-blocking, Tate and Foster both ran great, it's not on Kubs that Tate fumbled and Schaub threw a pick, those two guys are the one's at fault here.

I didn't mind being conservative at all in the second half, particularly in the 4th, being up 20-6, with the way our defense was playing, there was no reason at all to throw the ball. Now had we been up 20-17, that is much different. We were up 14 points with 8 minutes to go, and like you said, we were going with play action fakes late in the game, how is that being overly conservative? Those are the plays Kubs run when he's running his normal offense, and those are the plays he called to build up the lead. The stretch runs or hand-offs are our "go to" conservative plays. We don't run a a ton of plays out of different formations and fling the ball like the Saints or Eagles. We are a running football team, Schaub is just there to manage the game.

Play action is about as aggressive or fancy as we get in our offense. Now if you want to trash him for being conservative in general, that's fine, that's nothing new. But for this game today, I don't see what else he could have done to put his guys in a better position to win the game. This loss was on the players more so than the coaching.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #3111
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
Heh...we get up 20-3 at half and Kubiak starts thinking, "awesome, all we have to do now is run out the clock for...30 minutes"...

Next time, how about you try to win the game, instead of trying not to lose it...
No shit, no "Killer Instinct". Do you think "The Hoodie" and Brady would have let up? No and that's why they are consistently a threat for going to the playoffs or further.
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #3112
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 60

This about sums it up.
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #3113
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

You didn't post the one where he felt pressure and turtled up on the ground without anyone even touching him...
Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #3114
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

We see that one all the time anyway.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #3115
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 60

Don't think I need to mention where this was taken.
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #3116
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Found it...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...sack-9-yd-loss

Can you credit an offensive player with a sack? The slo-mo is awesome...
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #3117
69Mustang
Gaining Momentum

I've been saying it for four years (ever since the Jets debacle): Kubiak is a piss-poor head coach and should be fired. Can you even imagine this team with a real coach and good QB? Think of Brady/Manning/Rogers running this offense...
69Mustang is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #3118
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

From Randy Harvey's article in the Houston Chronicle this morning. "Seattle coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks on Friday practiced defending the play, a bootleg pass to the tight end, even concluding with Sherman's celebrating after a pick six"

Kubes needs to update the Denny's menu!!! Even a douche like Pete Carroll knows it's coming!!

I checked this site at halftime thinking that Bigtex might have been chirping about Dopey's first half performance. Bigtex? Where you At? You on the ledge now???

TJ and Case must really fucking suck not to even get the chance. I wish we had Mike Tomlin, did you see his post game speech, he was hot!!! Unlike Kubes, ah jee whillikers it's on me. I watched the channel 13 wrap up show last night and that's the first thing out of that dumb mother fuckers mouth, "it's on me". Damn straight it is!! Kubes is going down with the ship!!
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #3119
MrClark
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

One of you might be Shaub no one else thinks he is playing well. Wilson is in his second year and they trust him to adlib or change the play. Matt is 32 been here 7 and he just runs what they send in .The only way he will take them to the super bowl is if he buys them tickets with his overpaid contract .Kubiac is still living in the days when 14 points was a good lead and you could run the clock out.
MrClark is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #3120
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Like I said...did someone see the previous five bootleg play action plays he ran before the INT? Not exactly awe inspiring...but hey, let's run it again! It's bound to work this time right?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women