Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
The words of the Constitution … are so unrestricted by their intrinsic meaning or by their history or by tradition or by prior decisions that they leave the individual Justice free, if indeed they do not compel him, to gather meaning not from reading the Constitution but from reading life. —Felix Frankfurter, Supreme Court Justice
Horseshit. That's just an excuse for Supreme Court judges to do whatever they want. The problem is not that the Constitution is too vague. SCOTUS makes rulings that are clearly contrary to original intent. Ruling according to original intent is the only legitimate way to rule. Everything else is just writing law from the bench.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #17
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
I will use this as my signature. I hope people will read it everytime I post and keep it in their memory...
I used it as my signature for a while. I think it sums up our current situation perfectly. It was supposedly written by Scottish historian Alexander Tytler.

The founders knew that a pure democracy could not work. That's why they created a constitutional republic that would limit the size and scope of the federal government.

Our current bankrupt condition is due to corrupt politicians violating their oaths of office to support and defend the Constitution; instead, they've looted the treasury to buy votes.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #18
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I don't believe its over yet. There may be a collapse (and that is looking more and more certain) but I think the country will rise again and with the same Constitution. If the left got absolute power they would trip all over each other trying to advance each individual agenda. The patriot right has the framework of the Constitution, a goal, an ideal to strive for which the left does not have.
I hope you're right. Maybe we will rise from the ashes. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. If America does have a Renaissance I doubt many of us will live to see it.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Joe, original intent is irrelevant. That's the point.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #20
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
What good is having a Constitution if the original intent of the words doesn't matter? Original intent is the only thing that is relevant.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Anyone else think that the title of this thread reminds them of an Indiana Jones movie or something that Nicolas Cage would be in?
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Then the Constitution is meaningless. It means nothing, and protects nothing.

But that's what you liberals want, isn't it?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #23
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

To say that original intent is irrelevant is astonishing. It's through the looking glass. I would say it's surreal except that dreams aren't that weird. I think Kafkaesque is the best word to describe a liberal's view of the Constitution and their whole mentality.

We're all living in a version of "The Metamorphosis" where we wake up one morning to discover that we have a cockroach for president.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

People like TTH don't understand that the Constitution is a foundation. They want to treat it like a tablecloth, or coaster. How's this for an oath?

I promise to preserve, protect and defend whatever the majority party or prevailing winds of opinion think the Constitution of the United States means at any given moment.

Loses a little something, doesn't it?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
Anyone else think that the title of this thread reminds them of an Indiana Jones movie or something that Nicolas Cage would be in?
definitely a Nicolas Cage movie.... the guy will do anything
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #26
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
"The constitution is not to be subject to such fluctuations. It is to have a fixed, uniform, permanent construction. It should be, so far at least as human infirmity will allow, not dependent upon the passions or parties of particular times, but the same yesterday, to-day, and for ever." Justice Joseph Story

Even carpenters who don't have your highfalutin legal degree know to use a rule that doesn't stretch or shrink, TTH. Without a rule that remains constant, there is no way to instill trust that the next measure will be right and true.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #27
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:

Exactly - and they have it. Hence, we have to give up the fight for what Thurgood Marshall called "a flawed document" because it is dead for any conservative purposes.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
"The constitution is not to be subject to such fluctuations. It is to have a fixed, uniform, permanent construction. It should be, so far at least as human infirmity will allow, not dependent upon the passions or parties of particular times, but the same yesterday, to-day, and for ever." Justice Joseph Story

Even carpenters who don't have your highfalutin legal degree know to use a rule that doesn't stretch or shrink, TTH. Without a rule that remains constant, there is no way to instill trust that the next measure will be right and true.
+1

Brilliant analogy, IB!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

"Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers, and destroyers press upon them so fast, that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon the American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour. The revenue creates pensioners, and the pensioners urge for more revenue. The people grow less steady, spirited, and virtuous, the seekers more numerous and more corrupt, and every day increases the circles of their dependents and expectants, until virtue, integrity, public spirit, simplicity, and frugality, become the objects of ridicule and scorn, and vanity, luxury, foppery, selfishness, meanness, and downright venality swallow up the whole society. "

-- John Adams, Novanglus Letters, 1774
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #30
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
"Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers, and destroyers press upon them so fast, that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon the American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour. The revenue creates pensioners, and the pensioners urge for more revenue. The people grow less steady, spirited, and virtuous, the seekers more numerous and more corrupt, and every day increases the circles of their dependents and expectants, until virtue, integrity, public spirit, simplicity, and frugality, become the objects of ridicule and scorn, and vanity, luxury, foppery, selfishness, meanness, and downright venality swallow up the whole society. "

-- John Adams, Novanglus Letters, 1774
Yes, he was right - the liberals won - for now.
What is amazing about liberals is that many of them are good hearted, hard working, and believe they are helping the percentage of the takers who are perfectly capable of working but are lazy ass swine who sit on their asses getting free shit from the government,
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women