Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70674
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60196
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48379
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41224
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-09-2024, 11:40 AM   #16
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
but remember some of those "wins" were a direct result of defensive scores..........
Only ONE game last year was won by Pickett (L.A. Rams). Every other win relied on the defense in a huge way.

By contrast, all 3 of Mason's wins were indeed because of his superior QB play.
tommy156 is online now   Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:44 AM   #17
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
I think that was a large reason why they drafted him. And the ghost of Dan Marino. They strapped Canada to him which was a huge mistake. After 24 games, I can see he doesn’t have the physical talents to compete with the best QBs in the AFC. Looks like the Steelers have come to that conclusion also.
They definitely already know he's a dud - it's impossible that they don't know he's a dud. They're just not willing to come out and say it was a mistake to draft him and a waste of a 1st round pick. Yet.

I predict that if KP starts Week 1, he'll be on a short leash, like Trubisky was in 2022. If they start off 1-3 or worse, KP will be holding a clipboard for the rest of the year.
Old 03-09-2024, 12:01 PM   #18
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

To be fair the Steelers made some big personnel changes between most of Picket's starts and the games Mason played in this season.

If Tomlin felt it was more a QB issue he would have went in a different direction earlier and seems only kept Mason in the starting lineup because while cleared KP was not fully ready to return.
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 12:09 PM   #19
tommy156
Premium Access

Brings up another issue with KP: dude's made of glass. He's already been knocked out of 4 or 5 games in 24 total starts.

It'll take another year or so of outright mediocrity for everyone else to come around to his glaring weaknesses, but the 2 TD passes over an 8-game span last year should have been more than enough to bench him. No other QB in the league would have been given that kind of benefit of the doubt.
Old 03-09-2024, 12:27 PM   #20
Chase7
Valued Poster

Wondering, Fields and Wilson being good QB’s why are they being released or traded.

Was Trubisky also an answer/upgrade. Similar was being proposed about him, hell bring him back!

Some will say Fields and Wilson is an upgrade over Pickett, really sure about that?
This goes with so many want the backup QB until that one’s fails.

Going by suggestions by some Bradshaw would have been cut, Steelers then would not of won four SB’s with him.
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 12:34 PM   #21
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

I hope they do not grab wilson and resign mason. let mason outplay kenny and get his shot this year

he never got the games or time to prove himself since being here and he is by far better than kp.

he deserves a shot, play the season and see what happens......
chizzy is online now   Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 12:35 PM   #22
tommy156
Premium Access

The Bradshaw/Pickett comparisons are beyond ridiculous. Kenny was drafted onto a playoff-ready team, and he made the team worse. Bradshaw was drafted onto a true pile of shit and made the team much, much better.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:41 PM   #23
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
I hope they do not grab wilson and resign mason. let mason outplay kenny and get his shot this year

he never got the games or time to prove himself since being here and he is by far better than kp.

he deserves a shot, play the season and see what happens......
I disagree Chizz. Mason did did start when Ben injured his elbow. He was benched in favor of Duck. Did you forget that? Not one team offered him a contract last offseason. That being said, I think he’s better than Pickett. Bottom line, neither QB “deserves” anything. Wilson would come with little risk. No draft capital and a salary that the 53rd guy on the roster gets. So no cap hit. His career speaks for itself. He took the Broncos on a 5 game winning streak to put them in contention. He beat Malhomes, Allen, and Jordan Love during that streak. 24tds, 8 ints, 98% QB rating. 20Tds, 1int in the red zone. Our QBs haven’t come close to that production. Probably never will. It would be Malpractice if the Steelers didn’t make a serious effort to sign him.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:08 PM   #24
tommy156
Premium Access

BREAKING:
Russell Wilson to sign 1-year deal with Steelers!
Old 03-11-2024, 06:17 AM   #25
bambino
Valued Poster

I preferred Fields. But Wilson is an upgrade for sure. It allows them to fill holes elsewhere. Wilson may be on the downside of his career but he still knows how to play the position. This is a low risk move that upgrades the most important position.

I would think Rudolph is definitely moving on. I’m guessing the Rams.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:36 AM   #26
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 57

I love the Wilson signing. He may wind up being washed up and stinking, but it is a low risk, decent reward move. He is making league minimum on a one year deal - the Steelers owe him nothing beyond this year. If he stinks, we are no worse off than if they hadn’t signed him. We already have a starting QB who stinks. If he is an upgrade over Pickett, then maybe we can have some semblance of an NFL caliber offense this year. I’m sure he won’t be able to compete with Mahomes, Jackson’s, Burrow, etc. - that’s expecting too much. But if he can be an average QB, that would be a significant upgrade. The low cap hit allows the team to be players in the free agent market and (hopefully) upgrade the roster. They have a $3 million and change cap hit for their top 2 QBs. That’s lower than what most teams are paying their backup. That should allow quite a bit of cap space for upgrades.
Smarty1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:22 AM   #27
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Russell Wilson is a loser.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:56 AM   #28
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty1 View Post
I love the Wilson signing. He may wind up being washed up and stinking, but it is a low risk, decent reward move. He is making league minimum on a one year deal - the Steelers owe him nothing beyond this year. If he stinks, we are no worse off than if they hadn’t signed him. We already have a starting QB who stinks. If he is an upgrade over Pickett, then maybe we can have some semblance of an NFL caliber offense this year. I’m sure he won’t be able to compete with Mahomes, Jackson’s, Burrow, etc. - that’s expecting too much. But if he can be an average QB, that would be a significant upgrade. The low cap hit allows the team to be players in the free agent market and (hopefully) upgrade the roster. They have a $3 million and change cap hit for their top 2 QBs. That’s lower than what most teams are paying their backup. That should allow quite a bit of cap space for upgrades.
He beat Maholmes, Allen and Love last year. And Denver wasn’t very good. He crushed Ben and the Steelers twice. He may have his quirks off the field, between the white lines, he’s a baller.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:01 PM   #29
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
He beat Maholmes, Allen and Love last year. And Denver wasn’t very good. He crushed Ben and the Steelers twice. He may have his quirks off the field, between the white lines, he’s a baller.
Agreed. Huge upgrade at QB with virtually no risk. If he plays great, pay him to stay in '25. Brilliant signing.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:59 PM   #30
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I’m surprised the league interest in Wilson dropped to where we were able to get him at $1.2 million for the year. Vet minimum.
It’s really a zero risk move.
Charley3 is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women