Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35674
Mojojo33117

Old 10-04-2023, 09:51 PM   #16
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default Republicans Cut Off Their Own Heads

Excerpt from Wall Street Journal, October 3

By The Editorial Board

A band of eight Republicans succeeded in ousting Kevin McCarthy as House Speaker on Tuesday, and we trust they’re happy. They now have the chaos they wanted, though it isn’t clear what else they hope to achieve. Their clever plan seems to be to cut off their own heads.

Mr. McCarthy lost his job, but he rose in our esteem in recent days by the way he has handled this threatened coup. He put the country first on Saturday in refusing to let the plotters shut down the government for no good purpose. Then on Tuesday he refused to ask Democrats for a power-sharing deal in return for votes to rescue his Speakership. He put his party above his job, and his reward is that he is the first Speaker ousted in history. The vote was 216-210.

In retrospect the die may have been cast at the start of this Congress when Mr. McCarthy conceded to a rule that any single Member could offer a motion to vacate his chair. He may have had no choice to win the job, and he did so assuming at least some goodwill among his critics. The reality is that they were always lying in wait to strike.

We refer to Reps. Matt Gaetz, Nancy Mace, Eli Crane, Andy Biggs, Matt Rosendale, Bob Good, Tim Burchett and Ken Buck. They united with Democrats to topple a Republican Speaker without a plan, a replacement, or even a policy goal in mind. Four percent of the Republican conference trumped the 96% who supported the Speaker.

Mr. Biggs argued on the floor that the House hadn’t passed the 12 annual spending bills on time, but that’s because of demands from Members like him. He and Mr. Gaetz offered mainly a list of grievances and supposedly failed promises that had no chance of being realized this Congress. Their real motive looks to be spite, personal and political, and the result is to sow chaos in their own ranks.

Democrats decided not to assist Mr. McCarthy, and no doubt they are enjoying the Republican turmoil. Their decision may have been made when Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said on the weekend that she would vote to oust Mr. McCarthy. Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries would have jeopardized his own leadership if he had bucked the Democratic left.

But Democrats may come to miss the former Speaker if the chaos lasts for some time and leads to government shutdowns or failure to pass aid to Ukraine. The next Speaker might be weaker than Mr. McCarthy and even less willing to say no to the rejectionists.

Mr. McCarthy accomplished more than he gets credit for during his short tenure as Speaker. He negotiated a debt-ceiling deal that put a cap on domestic discretionary spending and clawed back some unspent pandemic money. He created the special China committee that is building a bipartisan consensus on how to defend Taiwan and respond to the Communist Party’s ambitions. He also moved to restore some bipartisan comity to the Intelligence Committee after Adam Schiff’s partisan manipulation.

The ouster captures the degraded state of the Republican Party in this era of rage. Members in safe seats can fuel their own fund-raising and careers by claiming to “fight” against all and sundry without doing the hard work to accomplish what they claim to be fighting for. Mr. Gaetz is the prototype of this modern performance artist, as he raises money for a potential run for Florida Governor.

As we went to press, the path forward for the House wasn’t clear. North Carolina Rep. Patrick McHenry becomes Speaker Pro Tem, per a list Mr. McCarthy had submitted to the House clerk. But the search for a permanent Speaker could be long and chaotic.

Mr. McCarthy said Tuesday night in classy remarks that he won’t run again. Other names will surface, but who in the world would want the chair knowing it comes with the constant peril of being ousted? Anyone courted for the position should refuse to accept without a change in House rules so the support of at least 20 Members would be required to vacate the Speaker’s chair. The House majority can’t be held hostage to the Jacobins on either side of the aisle.

Meanwhile, the House is essentially frozen. The putative GOP majority is weaker, and its ability to gain any policy victories has been undermined. Oversight of the Biden Administration will slow or stop. Republicans in swing districts who are vulnerable in 2024 will be especially wary of trusting the Gaetz faction, and regaining any unity of purpose will be that much harder. The crazy left and right are cheering, but no one else is.

It sounds like this bastard Gaetz is moving in on my honey Alexandria (Ocasio Cortez). Working hand-in-hand, the two removed the Speaker of the House of Representatives. I can't help but think they have more than just a "working relationship."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kevin-m...gaetz-5fb0e1c2
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:01 PM   #17
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

What a piss ant. Gaetz is mad because Mccarthy tries to work with dems and wants him removed as speaker.
THEN turns around and relies on dems to help HIM remove Mccarthy.
Can't be trusted gaetz is a terrorist
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:08 PM   #18
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Fuck Matt Gaetz
Old 10-04-2023, 10:42 PM   #19
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Fuck Matt Gaetz
Sometimes a simple post can sum up a story.
I'm laughing my ass off at Tinys post.
But when my level headed get along friend makes a rare post like this.
Nuff said.
Even mtg and boebert didn't vote with gaetz .
That's how fucked up this is.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 01:32 AM   #20
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

I love it. Just proves Republicans can't govern.
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 11:41 AM   #21
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Yes, Democrats are very good at growing the size of federal government and flushing our federal tax dollars down the shitter through waste, inefficiency and stupidity. Republicans do that too, but they're not as good at this type of "governing" at the federal level as Democrats.

Where I live the streets are in good repair, the schools are good, and there's minimal crime. Local and state government have created a safe environment where people can thrive. Republicans control the city, county and state government. I don't know what it's like in Baton Rouge, but it's probably better where I live.

Yeah, Matt Gaetz is a Republican. But so is my Alexandria (Ocasio Cortez). And she's not any more capable of governing than Gaetz. She should quit her day job and have my babies.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:51 AM   #22
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Sure Tiny, sure.

Your favorite fallback, anecdotal comparison of one place that's likely completely different to another. Apples to oranges comparison. I've lived in cities run by Republicans that are smaller than Baton Rouge and they also had crime and poverty.

As for the republican’s inability to govern, well, they just aren't very good at governing. When was the last Republican speaker that wasn't driven out by his own party. Boehner, Canter, Newt, Ryan, and I suppose McCarthy all decided that Republicans were ungovernable because they just can't govern. The main reason for their continued failure is their inability to compromise. They seem to believe that even in divided government, they should get their way. If they don't they wanna burn the place down rather than compromise. The reason democrats succeed is because they actually understand negotiating and are results oriented. And don't decide to set the place on fire when they don't get their way.

Ultimately, the moderates in the democratic party always win. The far right in the republican party hold enough sway to sabotage the whole party which is what continues to happen.

Personally I love it.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:11 PM   #23
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Sure Tiny, sure.

Your favorite fallback, anecdotal comparison of one place that's likely completely different to another. Apples to oranges comparison. I've lived in cities run by Republicans that are smaller than Baton Rouge and they also had crime and poverty.

As for the republican’s inability to govern, well, they just aren't very good at governing. When was the last Republican speaker that wasn't driven out by his own party. Boehner, Canter, Newt, Ryan, and I suppose McCarthy all decided that Republicans were ungovernable because they just can't govern. The main reason for their continued failure is their inability to compromise. They seem to believe that even in divided government, they should get their way. If they don't they wanna burn the place down rather than compromise. The reason democrats succeed is because they actually understand negotiating and are results oriented. And don't decide to set the place on fire when they don't get their way.

Ultimately, the moderates in the democratic party always win. The far right in the republican party hold enough sway to sabotage the whole party which is what continues to happen.

Personally I love it.
Esteemed board member WTF, and to a lesser extent Texas Contrarian, have pointed out that our deficits and national debt grow less when we have a Democratic President and a Republican House. What you're describing is part of the reason why. While this latest stunt by Gaetz was way over the top, the good cop/bad cop approach by Republicans back in May enabled them to claw back $1.5 trillion in spending authorized by Democrats in 2021 and 2022. And, as I've said before, when you look at the cuts, they made sense. Moderate Democrats were on board with the Republicans on the cuts. That might not have happened without McCarthy. He was a bridge between the moderate and right within the Republican Party. Whoever replaces him probably won't be as good a speaker.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:48 PM   #24
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

He wasn't a good speaker so that likely won't make a difference. Actually, the repiblicans can't have a good speaker because the right will sabotage them no matter how much they try to placate them.

The members on the right of the republican party, starting back with those sabotaging Gingrich won't accept yes for an answer if there's ever a no included.

We could have had comprehensive immigration reform but the nutty right house members killed it. Hence our terrible ongoing immigration problems. Now we can't even come close to solving immigration.

Under Boehner, a very good budget deal was negotiated by Boehner Ryan and Obama. Guess how that got killed? Nutty right Republicans.

The moderates of both parties made smart deals both times but the nutty right couldn't accept the good they would get if Democrats got anything at all. And that's why Republicans will continue to fail. Democrats on the other hand are willing to give republicans something as long they get something in return, so they keep winning in the long run. And the tail of left wing loons doesn't wag the moderate dog.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:22 PM   #25
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
What a piss ant. Gaetz is mad because Mccarthy tries to work with dems and wants him removed as speaker.
THEN turns around and relies on dems to help HIM remove Mccarthy.
Can't be trusted gaetz is a terrorist
Fucking hypocrite to the max like the rest of his extremist buddies.

Quote:
Fuck Matt Gaetz
Ferret faced douche bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Sometimes a simple post can sum up a story.
I'm laughing my ass off at Tinys post.
But when my level headed get along friend makes a rare post like this.
Nuff said.
Even mtg and boebert didn't vote with gaetz .
That's how fucked up this is.
Probably pissed off boebert because she was too old for him to get an L1 from.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 09:03 PM   #26
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Yes, Democrats are very good at growing the size of federal government and flushing our federal tax dollars down the shitter through waste, inefficiency and stupidity. Republicans do that too, but they're not as good at this type of "governing" at the federal level as Democrats.

Where I live the streets are in good repair, the schools are good, and there's minimal crime. Local and state government have created a safe environment where people can thrive. Republicans control the city, county and state government. I don't know what it's like in Baton Rouge, but it's probably better where I live.

Yeah, Matt Gaetz is a Republican. But so is my Alexandria (Ocasio Cortez). And she's not any more capable of governing than Gaetz. She should quit her day job and have my babies.
AOC is already spoken for. she's married.

Boebert is available tho.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 09:05 PM   #27
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Fucking hypocrite to the max like the rest of his extremist buddies.

Ferret faced douche bag.

Probably pissed off boebert because she was too old for him to get an L1 from.
L1???
Old 10-05-2023, 09:07 PM   #28
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

newt gingrich has exposed himself as part of the swamp.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:44 PM   #29
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
newt gingrich has exposed himself as part of the swamp.
... I read that article also.

.. meh.. . Newt's just embarrassed that McCarthy was
ousted by the very rules surely agreed-to when
he was voted on .

... Though there ARE waaaaay too many soft "RINO-like"
Republicans in Congress. ... Sometimes a proper
"wake-up call" is the best way to 'andle things.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 04:52 AM   #30
FesteredUncle
BANNED

Quote:
How many billions of taxpayer dollars are they giving away to Ukraine this week or next? Is Joe Obama building a wall this week on our Southern border?
FesteredUncle is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women