Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35912
Mojojo33117

Old 05-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
texasaggie96
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGent View Post
There were slaves before Islam.....
My apologies, I was not trying to get into the entirety of it, but what I meant was, slaves as more than just an institution of free labor, but as of merchant-driven exchange with a "religious-based" rhetoric attached thereto.

There were slaves before Islam (see the Jews in Egypt) but Islam introduced new systemic approaches that took it to a new societal level. I apologize for not putting all of this in my post prior, I should have added all that.
texasaggie96 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #17
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

There are intolerant leaders in every religion ... ever hear of Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, many of the old popes, etc.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #18
RichardGozenya
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Pat Robertson & Jerry Falwell.....Yep,I remember their
sponsoring "honor killings".....and their calling for the
destruction/anihilation of Israel.....and their homicidal
support (money & ordinance) for killing US troops

comparing the "2 clowns with TV shows" to the eye-a-tola
seems somewhat misleading
RichardGozenya is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Really ... Didn't the Rev. Robertson condone killing doctors and staffers at clinics where abortions were sometimes performed? Wasn't Falwell the leader of the Moral Majority and its campaign against women and gays? Just because they are "Christian" does not make them any different than an "eye-a-tola."
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365

No it doesn't every religion has extremist. I just don't hear other religions calling for the death of an entire country.
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
driller77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
No it doesn't every religion has extremist. I just don't hear other religions calling for the death of an entire country.
Religions don't speak people speak and try to use religion to justify it. No where in the Quran does it mention death of an entire country
driller77 is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #22
GeoEgo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

It’s unfortunate that when Islam translated to different languages some people who speak that language start making false interpretations of the Qur’an and Hadith because the lack of their knowledge and the sources of Islam that has been translated wrongfully. Those interpretations have misrepresented the Islam in the West. As a born and raised Muslim who speaks Arabic and English, I myself find contradictions when searching about subject in Islam between the two languages. It became difficult to find what is right when rumors and illiterate “Muslims” are making websites, video channels, blogs, and etc. to spread their filthy knowledge and misinterpretations about Islam.

The ideal way to find the truth about something is asking questions, but here you have to be more careful who to ask and not limit your questions on one side of the story.
GeoEgo is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #23
Bianca Page
Account Disabled

User ID: 7460
My ECCIE Reviews

You talk as if islam is the only religion that opresses women. Christianity believes women were put on this earth to serve men and to be submissive. Just because christians pick and choose what they want to believe out of the bible doesn't make islamic treatment of women any worse. Muslims just choose to live by what the koran teaches they don't omit anything . They do not pick and choose what passage they decide to use for their jusification on things. Check out the deterioration theory. It was written by a devout christain white man. It states how women and non whites will deteriorate in the world faster because we are not as smart as white men. Also Islam is still a very young religion compared to christianity, so what women had to deal with in the middle ages is the same of what islamic women are dealing with now. I can't tell you many passages out of the bible that tell how women are worth less than a man. The treatment of women is barbaric in all religions, not just islam.

My ex was muslim, and he & his family were good hearted, intelligent people. I think its sad how everyone can compartmentalize a huge portion of the human race as evil because of their religion. Its the most ignorant thing ive ever heard.

Quote:
The Hadiths on keeping women in the house and the oppression against women is what bothers me. The religion is designed to oppress and abuse women. I'm not saying all Muslims are bad just the ones who follow the Mullahs and not Allah!

I've been to the gulf nations and had no freedom what so ever! I could not even go to the market alone. The "religious police" grabbed a woman and started beating her for showing her hair!

Then youu have Al-Shabab in North Africa that would rather let the people in the villages srve than accept foeign aid. Mind you their families are fed but the villlagers starve to death and are nt allowerd to leave the territory. They have also banned women wearing bras because they are "deceptive". The moral police can stop and feel for a bra anytime. If you are wearing one you will be sent to jail or flogged!

I just don't see any other religion using the words "death to America" the way they do.

You men who served were probaby treated well because you were men and had guns. As for the women, we have no rights at all. It's also a women's rights issue for me I guess. Having seen some of these things first hand I have some isues with it.
Bianca Page is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #24
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365

Ok I will ask a question. In what other religion is pedophelia so readily condoned? Yes there are the freaks in West Texas and so on but our legal system steps in. That does not happen in the Middle East. It is common for young girls to be sold off to older men ( I'm talking a 9 year old girl to a 60 year man) that is her cousin to keep the family wealth all in the family? There is a study showing that 1400 years of inbreading has dumbed down an entire culture. How do you counter that?
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
legend69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

All religions have their fanatics.

Remember the:
Crusades
Hitler
Genocide in the former yogoslavia
slaughter of native americans
slaughter of south american natives
forcible religous conversion of south americans

shall i go on ?
legend69 is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #26
legend69
Valued Poster

seems like sofia has some kind of bone to pick.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #27
legend69
Valued Poster

actually slaves existed before islam.

and to correct youislam actually freed slaves, whereas early (christian) american presidents traded slaves.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #28
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
No country ever converted voulentarily they were all conquered. I fear the UK is next. They already have Sharia courts.
This is somewhat of an exaggeration.

British courts still exist and are the legal courts.

I understand that amongst some communities there may be some processes which try to sort out minor issues which are outside of the jurisdiction of legal courts.

Like a school governing board may sort out some issues with parents/children and disciplinary matters.

So?

I do have some concerns with some aspects of Islamic faith and behaviour, but i find some islamaphobes equally troublesome.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #29
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasaggie96 View Post
(see the Jews in Egypt)
I seem to recall there is no supporting historical evidence for Jews in Egypt, Moses or anything like that. Slaves were not used at the time. Many say it is simply a good story.

So you need to be careful of your sources.

Let me clarify - jews were in Egypt, but the story of them being slaves, exodus etc. has no supporting evidence.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History..._Jews_in_Egypt
essence is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #30
Bianca Page
Account Disabled

User ID: 7460
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes, I also read that, and I lead a discussion on it. There are plenty of different practices of peophelia in all religions including christianity. In Indonesia the have a practice called supra where a baby girl is bought by her future huband so he can raise her to his liking. In some Hindu practices they have something called faternal polyandry where a woman marries many men as young as 11. Also in hinduism some cultures will make a man marry his sister in-law if his brother passes away no matter what the age so he can be the family land owner. Also they practice polygamy where old men marry women as young as he wants them.

Recently in Catholism, There have been many many incidents of priest having pedophelia homosexual relationships. That has been going on for hundreds of years. I agree with you with some aspects of your comments but america didn't outlaw christian inbred marriages until the early 20th century. I believe the world has made leaps and bounds in technological science. When you say a study showing that 1400 years of inbreeding has dumded down a culture, which culture was the study on? Was the study on just culture or did the analyze religion along with it? Just because they practice the same religion does not mean the share the same culture.

Culture-a particular form or stage of a civilzation, as that of a certian nation or period.

Religion-a set of beliefs concerning the cause, & purpose of universe, especially when it considered as the creation of a super human agency.

In New Guiena lives a tribe called The Sambia. They believe when boys swallow the sperm of elder men they become a man. So they have boys as young as eight perform oral sex many times on the men so they can swallow as much sperm as the can to become a strong man.

In tibet and china buddist monks had sexual relationships with young boys, when the Jesuits arrived they were horrified by what they were seeing. Greek philosophers motivated pedophila. Socrates came up with the philosophy of the omni god which has spawned now into Judeo-christian beliefs. He was an avid lover of boys. Young christian girls are still married of in parts of russia and in America its legal to marry at 13 with parents consent.

I believe since Islam is highly villianized these days, its easy to overlook everyone else's short comings and try to state your case on why they are evil. You are a sheep that follows along with the media and conforms to everyone else's beliefs instead of thinking for yourself and doing research. You want to spout hate when you have no clue what you are talking about.

When Hitler slaughtered thousands of jews, Stalin was doing the same thing in Soviet but he managed to murder double of what Hitler numbers where. Do you no why Hitler is consider more evil to Americans than the soviets? because Stalin was our Allie. Therefore the media overlooked the millions of innocent people he tortured and murdered. Also the case with china. Now the government is telling us all muslims are bad. You jump right on the band wagon and hate them. Did you know that Islam is the second largest religion in the world yet we hate them because a small population of crazy zealots. Yes they hate us, but I have news for you THE WHOLE WORLD HATES AMERICANS.

Quote:
Ok I will ask a question. In what other religion is pedophelia so readily condoned? Yes there are the freaks in West Texas and so on but our legal system steps in. That does not happen in the Middle East. It is common for young girls to be sold off to older men ( I'm talking a 9 year old girl to a 60 year man) that is her cousin to keep the family wealth all in the family? There is a study showing that 1400 years of inbreading has dumbed down an entire culture. How do you counter that?
Bianca Page is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women