Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 390
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70706
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60352
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48432
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41486
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35847
Mojojo33117

Old 09-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #16
Guest091710-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigB View Post
there is a common theme on the "internet" that everyone is a badass!!

epenis is one of the names associated with the internet alter ego

I would say it's not a display of who they are, moreover a projection of how they'd like to be perceived. In most cases the projection being diametrically opposed to who they actually are. A Jeckll and Hyde if you will, not in all cases but in quite a few to be certain......but then again, some people are just born assholes.
I tend to agree. I also believe it helps those who want to belong to belong. For instance, if one or two cool people bash a loser, and you want to be perceived as one of the cool people, you bash the loser too.
Guest091710-2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #17
Takeshi Miike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default I'm actually more of a dick in person.

My friends like me any though, I can't quite figure out why. Writing gives me the opportunity to think before I react.
Takeshi Miike is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:09 AM   #18
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Anonymity + keyboard + Average Joe = I think my balls are bigger then yours.......
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #19
GRIN OF SIN
Valued Poster

I've had this conversation so many times, but it usually ends with a conversation on how there should be an A-Hole clause when it comes to assault: Meaning, if enough people deem someone's actions to be that of an A-Hole, anyone within arms length is legally allowed to punch said A-Hole in the face.

Unfortunately, this does not work for online A-Holes. We simply don't have the A-Hole technology yet, but maybe in a few years.
GRIN OF SIN is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #20
Codybeast
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanMacKenna View Post
I think the ability to be anonymous online does lead to a heightened level of venting, but maybe expressing ones anger in a blog or post keeps potential loose cannons from going "postal" in the flesh.
Yep.. I considered that as well. If blowing up online keeps someone from walking into the office with a gun....

but does it actually derail anything or simply slow the train down a bit before picking up speed again?

Many loose cannons have a history of hateful posts (Warning signs) prior to going postal.
Codybeast is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
HoneyRose
Account Disabled

User ID: 112
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIN OF SIN View Post
I've had this conversation so many times, but it usually ends with a conversation on how there should be an A-Hole clause when it comes to assault: Meaning, if enough people deem someone's actions to be that of an A-Hole, anyone within arms length is legally allowed to punch said A-Hole in the face.

Unfortunately, this does not work for online A-Holes. We simply don't have the A-Hole technology yet, but maybe in a few years.

Maybe banning is our punch? If enough people RTM, the individual can be voted off the island .
HoneyRose is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #22
Beagle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyRose View Post
Maybe banning is our punch? If enough people RTM, the individual can be voted off the island .
If that gets a member banned, I'm all for it. There's a troll on the Austin forums in the past few days I'd really like to see gone. Here's a clue - egg in a popular nursery rhyme.
Beagle is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:56 AM   #23
ezman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
If that gets a member banned, I'm all for it. There's a troll on the Austin forums in the past few days I'd really like to see gone. Here's a clue - egg in a popular nursery rhyme.

+1
ezman is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #24
Guest092810
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
Guest092810 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #25
mj2749
Gaining Momentum

I ran sort of an experiment to test the theory that what people say on the internet is not what they would say to someone in person. A few years ago my Company got some really negative Press. People on the internet were saying the most vile things about anyone working for this Company. When I challenged these people on the yahoo posts that they would never say such things in person, most of them swore they would. Some made outright threats (that yahoo didn't censor). So in my typical fashion, I got license plate holders with my Company's name on them and put one on my truck and one on my motorcycle. I put a sticker with my Company's name on it on the back window of my truck. From time to time, I've been known to wear a polo shirt with my Company's logo and name on it. The Company continues to be in the news on and off and people continue to threaten and spew hate on the internet posts. Yet, in 5 years of my publicly displaying whom I work for on my truck and motorcycle, not one single person has ever approached me to speak negatively about this Company. I find that rather interesting.
mj2749 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #26
HoneyRose
Account Disabled

User ID: 112
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow, that's a great story! I love it. It actually reassures me about human nature~ that people still have the veneer or civility in most face-to-face intereactions.

I guess the behavior on the internet is more akin to stating out loud your private thoughts.
HoneyRose is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women