Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I see one of the picks as an alternate fantasy film to watch from that site involves the shooting down of drones over Texas. Interesting.

Fucking fruit loops.
Fantasy ?
Yeah even with all the facts I have presented here in the past,
The only fantasy is political/financial illiterate people like you who don't really have the manhood to accept reality.
SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Timmy is sorely lacking in manhood for any purpose. Avoiding reality is only one of his charms.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

It's amazing...............

It just confirms the deep shit we are in...............

The people who vote these leaders into office are complete imbeciles.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #19
timpage
Account Disabled

Yeah, I guess the rub comes when the crazies like you aren't able to differentiate between facts, fantasy and reality.

I tire of your constant gloom and doom scenarios that never come to pass.... and isn't it an amazing coincidence that all these predictions from the crazies happen to coincide with a Democrat inhabiting the White House?

Your manhood comments shed some light on your bizarre opinions. Sometimes, I think that is truly what motivates you clowns. Your "the end is near" pronouncements are terribly dramatic (like the over the top music in your silly film trailer) and you love drama, and what you think is your superior awareness of these things enhances your self-image.....and, your "manhood" too...right? Twits.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I guess life is easier when you ignore reality, isn't it, Timmy? However, I'd like my grandchildren to grow up in a free country. From the looks of it, there are too many people like you around to let that happen. But they'll be strong, and survive and thrive regardless.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #21
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I don't see much fantasy in the statements by Bass, or others in this thread; can you point a few out Timmyboy.........
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

How about a reasoned look at what's going on here?

Timpage, before referring to Kyle Bass as a "whackadoo" (post #2) or speaking in terms of those who can't differentiate between "facts, fantasy, and reality," I suggest that you consider just a couple of things.

First of all, Bass is a very smart guy whose record speaks for itself. He's clearly been right a lot more than he's been wrong. And as far as I can tell, he's never been one with partisan axes to grind. Like many finance types I know, he seems to hold similar disdain for both the Obama administration and congressional Republicans, and for good reason. In my view, he's clearly not a "whackadoo."

Consider also that when we finance types speak in terms of "killing" the dollar, we don't mean it in the sense that the dollar will just collapse into some sort of worthlessness similar to what happened in historical events such as the well-known Weimar hyperinflation. Rather, we're speaking in terms of things like "competitive devaluations" of the sort that have taken place at various times in history. I know the term "kill" the dollar does sound a little hyperbolic, and that's why I try to avoid using such phraseology even when writing commentary intended for investment professionals.

When Bass speaks of a government official having said that the plan is to "kill" the dollar, he's just editorializing and paraphrasing. I can assure you that Treasury and Fed officials don't talk in terms like that when addressing fund managers and other investment types. Instead, they may speak in terms of "adjustments" and various central banks engaging in "sterilization." But you can get their drift.

All the world's major central banks are doing more or less the same thing. The ECB has been printing like there's no tomorrow in order to forestall eurozone collapse. The Bank of England has responded similarly, and I posted in another thread just this morning that Japanese policy makers are hell-bent on creating inflation in the 2% range after a precipitous decline in exports. They're playing a dangerous game.

Also note that in various other recent interviews, Bass has indicated extreme yen bearishness. He seems to think the yen will get the short end of the wishbone in the dollar/yen currency pair. There seems to be a race to see who can establish the weakest of the world's major fiat currencies!

I think that if there's any practical takeaway from all of this, it's that having retirement or other investment portfolios locked up in long-term dollar-denominated securities to any significant extent, and for any extended period of time, is likely to end very poorly.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #23
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I guess life is easier when you ignore reality, isn't it, Timmy? However, I'd like my grandchildren to grow up in a free country. From the looks of it, there are too many people like you around to let that happen. But they'll be strong, and survive and thrive regardless.
poker by a guy with a FIRM grip on reality .... And on his miserable excuse for a weenie...

BTW -- I have a hard time believing you are a parent, let alone a grandparent.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #24
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

If people were smart (and have the cash) they would take advantage of the federal reserve qe twist and zirp until they stop.
Then short.

"I'm not a cfa
Not giving financial advice"
For entertainment purposes only.
SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #25
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Everywhere I go everything costs more and more.
I dont think thaty we have reached the end.
The idea that hyper inflation is something that hppens overnight is flawed.
Just check the price of a staple of life, the number one, a hamburger a small fry and a small drink. This crrent price is just a hair under three times what it was less than 5 or 6 years ago.
I like to use that as a reference because it encompasses just about all aspects of what drives prices.

Interesting that the IRS has delayed the start of officially receiving tax returns. The money they will have to pay out is just not there and con only be returned via the printing press and borrowing more; until the revenues come in.

Hope you have been buying gold, firearms and ammunition.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #26
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I don't see much fantasy in the statements by Bass, or others in this thread; can you point a few out Timmyboy.........
You don't see much fantasy in birther positions or dead certain predictions that Mitt Romney was going to be the next president of the United States either WhirlyBoy. So, frankly, your opinion on the price of tea doesn't mean shit.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #27
timpage
Account Disabled

Yeah, and Allen Greenspan was a very smart guy whose record spoke for itself too....until almost everything he said evaporated into the shit sandwich we're all taking a bite out of now. I suggest you consider that while taking anything Kyle Bass says as gospel. His predictions may be right or they may be wrong. Anybody that presents them as gospel hasn't been paying attention for the last 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

Timpage, before referring to Kyle Bass as a "whackadoo" (post #2) or speaking in terms of those who can't differentiate between "facts, fantasy, and reality," I suggest that you consider just a couple of things.

First of all, Bass is a very smart guy whose record speaks for itself. He's clearly been right a lot more than he's been wrong. And as far as I can tell, he's never been one with partisan axes to grind. Like many finance types I know, he seems to hold similar disdain for both the Obama administration and congressional Republicans, and for good reason. In my view, he's clearly not a "whackadoo."

Consider also that when we finance types speak in terms of "killing" the dollar, we don't mean it in the sense that the dollar will just collapse into some sort of worthlessness similar to what happened in historical events such as the well-known Weimar hyperinflation. Rather, we're speaking in terms of things like "competitive devaluations" of the sort that have taken place at various times in history. I know the term "kill" the dollar does sound a little hyperbolic, and that's why I try to avoid using such phraseology even when writing commentary intended for investment professionals.

When Bass speaks of a government official having said that the plan is to "kill" the dollar, he's just editorializing and paraphrasing. I can assure you that Treasury and Fed officials don't talk in terms like that when addressing fund managers and other investment types. Instead, they may speak in terms of "adjustments" and various central banks engaging in "sterilization." But you can get their drift.

All the world's major central banks are doing more or less the same thing. The ECB has been printing like there's no tomorrow in order to forestall eurozone collapse. The Bank of England has responded similarly, and I posted in another thread just this morning that Japanese policy makers are hell-bent on creating inflation in the 2% range after a precipitous decline in exports. They're playing a dangerous game.

Also note that in various other recent interviews, Bass has indicated extreme yen bearishness. He seems to think the yen will get the short end of the wishbone in the dollar/yen currency pair. There seems to be a race to see who can establish the weakest of the world's major fiat currencies!

I think that if there's any practical takeaway from all of this, it's that having retirement or other investment portfolios locked up in long-term dollar-denominated securities to any significant extent, and for any extended period of time, is likely to end very poorly.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #28
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Yeah, and Allen Greenspan was a very smart guy whose record spoke for itself too....until almost everything he said evaporated into the shit sandwich we're all taking a bite out of now. I suggest you consider that while taking anything Kyle Bass says as gospel. His predictions may be right or they may be wrong. Anybody that presents them as gospel hasn't been paying attention for the last 10 years.
Oh, please.

I'm not taking anyone's statements as "gospel," and neither should anyone else. All of us are wrong about various things at various times. I was just trying to explain that the guy is not some "whackadoo," as you so ignorantly put it. He has a pretty good understanding of what's going on here.

The way in which the world's central banks are operating should be plain for you to see. But if you don't care to try to understand this issue, that's fine with me!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #29
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

Quite.

Moreso, the next governor of the bank of england (you can all bow at this point) is even more relaxed about inflation targets.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #30
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Moreso, the next governor of the bank of england (you can all bow at this point) is even more relaxed about inflation targets.
Indeed that seems to be the case, from what I can see.

Those guys are ready to party!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women