Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70613
biomed161957
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453164
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48222
pyramider46370
bambino41204
CryptKicker37151
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #16
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Still the BIGGEST fuckin waterhead on this board.

are you sure you wouldn't rather be calling whookers names in the Spider Hole?

You shit on everything here with your banal, inane ejaculations.

"Spam Writer" the shit & vomit eating self loathing androgynous hermaphrodite Hissy Fiter...

What does the republic of "Hissy Fit" look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trNtNbmnGUo&list
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:31 PM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Assup. You're the one who referred to it as the "fucking Constitution", not me. You said it was no longer relevant, not me. You are the one who violated his oath to "preserve, protect and defend" the Constitution, not me.

I have no problem with freedom. You can hate the Constitution if you want to, with no legal repercussions. In fact, you are right in line with our current corrupt, statist administration. But don't pretend you have any respect for freedom, when you prove time after time, and post after post that you do not.

You are free to have those opinions, just as I am free to consider you an idiot and a dipshit.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #18
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Where did I ever state I hated the fucking constitution?

When did I violate any oath? When I was serving in the military so pussies like you could stay home and listen to their Beatles albums? what oath did you ever take, Whiny?

I do believe parts of the fucking constitution are irrelevant in the 21st century and should be changed.

and that's my right under the fucking constitution.

However, your continued unsubstantiated claims about what I did or didn't say are simply LIES.

And they're against the ten fucking commandments.

Bring forth the quotes or stfu, you silly little queen.

Dipshit.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:59 PM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I'm not wasting my time. We both know what you posted. If anyone cares they can look it up. Keep Calm and Rant On, AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2014! Wear your titles with pride!

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #20
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Imagine how this started (pay attention Deb). George Bush went to banks like BOA and "asked" them to intervene on behalf of the people holding Country Wide paper. Figured to spread the pain to save the institution and investors. This BOA did. They were patriotic. Now along comes the Chicago thug and his flunkies. They inform BOA that Countrywide did some illegal shit and since they bought into the stock that they are guilty as well. No charges will be filed (and no one will go to prison though they could) if BOA and the others admit the wrong doing and pay a penalty. This is maybe the worst kind of corruption and we should call it the Chicago Shakedown.
It is such a brilliant shakedown that Mr Jesse Jackson himself is in awe....
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #21
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Companies must be punished when they do wrong, but the legal system has become an extortion racket

http://www.economist.com/news/leader...come-extortion

Aug 30th 2014 | From the print edition

WHO runs the world’s most lucrative shakedown operation? The Sicilian mafia? The People’s Liberation Army in China? The kleptocracy in the Kremlin? If you are a big business, all these are less grasping than America’s regulatory system. The formula is simple: find a large company that may (or may not) have done something wrong; threaten its managers with commercial ruin, preferably with criminal charges; force them to use their shareholders’ money to pay an enormous fine to drop the charges in a secret settlement (so nobody can check the details). Then repeat with another large company.

The amounts are mind-boggling. So far this year, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and other banks have coughed up close to $50 billion for supposedly misleading investors in mortgage-backed bonds. BNP Paribas is paying $9 billion over breaches of American sanctions against Sudan and Iran. Credit Suisse, UBS, Barclays and others have settled for billions more, over various accusations. And that is just the financial institutions. Add BP’s $13 billion in settlements since the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Toyota’s $1.2 billion settlement over alleged faults in some cars, and many more.

In many cases, the companies deserved some form of punishment: BNP Paribas disgustingly abetted genocide, American banks fleeced customers with toxic investments and BP despoiled the Gulf of Mexico. But justice should not be based on extortion behind closed doors. The increasing criminalisation of corporate behaviour in America is bad for the rule of law and for capitalism (see article).

No soul, no body? No problem
Until just over a century ago, the idea that a company could be a criminal was alien to American law. The prevailing assumption was, as Edward Thurlow, an 18th-century Lord Chancellor of England, had put it, that corporations had neither bodies to be punished nor souls to be condemned, and thus were incapable of being “guilty”. But a case against a railway in 1909, for disobeying price controls, established the principle that companies were responsible for their employees’ actions, and America now has several hundred thousand rules that carry some form of criminal penalty. Meanwhile, ever since the 1960s, civil “class-action suits” have taught managers the wisdom of seeking rapid, discreet settlements to avoid long, expensive and embarrassing trials.

The drawbacks of America’s civil tort system are well known. What is new is the way that regulators and prosecutors are in effect conducting closed-door trials. For all the talk of public-spiritedness, the agencies that pocket the fines have become profit centres: Rhode Island’s bureaucrats have been on a spending spree courtesy of a $500m payout by Google, while New York’s governor and attorney-general have squabbled over a $613m settlement from JPMorgan. And their power far exceeds that of trial lawyers. Not only are regulators in effect judge and jury as well as plaintiff in the cases they bring; they can also use the threat of the criminal law.

Financial firms rarely survive being indicted on criminal charges. Few want to go the way of Drexel Burnham Lambert or E.F. Hutton. For their managers, the threat of personal criminal charges is career-ending ruin. Unsurprisingly, it is easier to empty their shareholders’ wallets. To anyone who asks, “Surely these big firms wouldn’t pay out if they knew they were innocent?”, the answer is: oddly enough, they might.

Perhaps the most destructive part of it all is the secrecy and opacity. The public never finds out the full facts of the case, nor discovers which specific people—with souls and bodies—were to blame. Since the cases never go to court, precedent is not established, so it is unclear what exactly is illegal. That enables future shakedowns, but hurts the rule of law and imposes enormous costs. Nor is it clear how the regulatory booty is being carved up. Andrew Cuomo, the governor of New York, who is up for re-election, reportedly intervened to increase the state coffers’ share of BNP’s settlement by $1 billion, threatening to wield his powers to withdraw the French bank’s licence to operate on Wall Street. Why a state government should get any share at all of a French firm’s fine for defying the federal government’s foreign policy is not clear.

I’ll see you in court—in another life
The best thing would be for at least some of these cases to go to proper trial: then a few of the facts would spill out. That is hardly in the interests of the regulators or their managerial prey, but shareholders at least should push for that. Two senators, Elizabeth Warren and Tom Coburn, have put forward a bill to make the terms of such settlements public, which would be a start. Prosecutors and regulators should also be required to publish the reasons why, given the gravity of their initial accusations, they did not take the matter all the way to court.

In the longer term, two changes are needed to the legal system. The first is a much clearer division between the civil and criminal law when it comes to companies. Most cases of corporate malfeasance are to do with money and belong in civil courts. If in the course of those cases it emerges that individual managers have broken the criminal law, they can be charged.

The second is a severe pruning of the legal system. When America was founded, there were only three specified federal crimes—treason, counterfeiting and piracy. Now there are too many to count. In the most recent estimate, in the early 1990s, a law professor reckoned there were perhaps 300,000 regulatory statutes carrying criminal penalties—a number that can only have grown since then. For financial firms especially, there are now so many laws, and they are so complex (witness the thousands of pages of new rules resulting from the Dodd-Frank reforms), that enforcing them is becoming discretionary.

This undermines the predictability and clarity that serve as the foundations for the rule of law, and risks the prospect of a selective—and potentially corrupt—system of justice in which everybody is guilty of something and punishment is determined by political deals . America can hardly tut-tut at the way China’s justice system applies the law to companies in such an arbitrary manner when at times it seems almost as bad itself.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #22
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Another totally unrelated, irrelevant post from our resident waterhead.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #23
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Where did I ever state I hated the fucking constitution?

When did I violate any oath? When I was serving in the military so pussies like you could stay home and listen to their Beatles albums? what oath did you ever take, Whiny?

I do believe parts of the fucking constitution are irrelevant in the 21st century and should be changed.

and that's my right under the fucking constitution.

However, your continued unsubstantiated claims about what I did or didn't say are simply LIES.

And they're against the ten fucking commandments.

Bring forth the quotes or stfu, you silly little queen.

Dipshit.
What parts of the constitution are irrelevant now in the 21st century that were relevant in the years before?

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women