Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70687
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60220
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48395
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 08-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #16
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

BSwine just wants a picture of her JUNK
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Well that is a welcome change from his past, usually he wants a pic of men's junk.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #18
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Would somebody please explain something to me?

The Constitution of the United States of America explicitly reserves the power to declare war to Congress. The Founding Fathers specifically made it clear that we did NOT have a King, but rather a President, and that one of the explicit differences was that the President was absolutely not permitted to declare and make war on his own initiative. I don't remember hearing about any amendments to any of those provisions.

What happened? When did all this change?
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #19
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Haven't you heard...it is all Obama's fault.

What many Tea Party folk fail to understand is that the constitution means what the SC Justices at that particular time mean it to mean. I may not agree with it , nor you but that is the reality. If it wasn't the reality you would not have to ask such a question...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #20
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

The Constitution of the United States of America explicitly reserves the power to declare war to Congress. The Founding Fathers specifically made it clear that we did NOT have a King, but rather a President, and that one of the explicit differences was that the President was absolutely not permitted to declare and make war on his own initiative. I don't remember hearing about any amendments to any of those provisions.

Don't have time to go through channels if you want to preempt a strike.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
RochBob
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

The reality is that that part of the World has been unstable and engaged in some kind of armed conflict for Centuries. The only thing that has changed is Weapons Tech and the amount of damage that can be done in an hours time. The US needs to stop being the "Policeman of the World" and the UN needs to standup and take the lead on Peacekeeping and protecting the civil population. Either that or we just tell the Chinese to invade and take over the entire area. They will eventually as their industry steadily increases it's need for Petroleum derived resources. And as they have the largest standing Army in the World. They can easily match every Man, Woman & Child populating Iran, Iraq, Syria, Afganistan, Libya & Egypt with plenty of Manpower left over to kick the ass of anyone who tries to interfere. India will eventually end up going to War with Pakistan and create Nuclear wastelands in both Countries.
RochBob is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Bush went "thru channels"..............there is plenty of time for Obama to do the same...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Don't have time to go through channels if you want to preempt a strike.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #23
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Look up the War Powers Act. It was passed to prevent what is happening now. A president can reply to an iminent threat or can commit forces for a short time in defense of US interests. A president has to report to Congress within 48 hours his intentions and ask for a vote to continue operations.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #24
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

There is no "imminent threat" to us for the President to initiate an act of war against Syria without going to Congress.

What is the "imminent threat" you are talking about ?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
skirtchaser79411
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

This could get very big in a short time frame I would bet the IDF is warming up the jets This could be relly ugly
skirtchaser79411 is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochBob View Post
... the UN needs to standup and take the lead on Peacekeeping and protecting the civil population. ....
... and if pigs had wings ...
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #27
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Yeah, that is the funny thing I forgot to mention. Obama was on TV yesterday trying to make the case for an "imminent" threat. Something along the lines that if HE allows Assad to get away with using chemical weapons (this is the 14th time) this time then other countries will be emboldeded (Obama, the world saver!) to use chemcial weapons. If other countries feel free to use chemical weapons (according to Obama) then at some point someone will use a chemical weapon against the US. Thus, the "imminent" danger.

So if a Chicago thug uses a gun downtown an armored car should be dropped on his head otherwise some other thug in another town will someday realize that he can use a gun on me in my town. Liberals don't believe in that though until today.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Yeah, that is the funny thing I forgot to mention. Obama was on TV yesterday trying to make the case for an "imminent" threat.
Today, it's not an "imminent threat" .... he's gonna wait until Congress gets back to vote!

September 9th .... to get back ... debate .. and then vote ...

...................... so may be by the end of the month!

Wonder if they can pass this resolution as fast as Obaminable Care?

Look at it this way ... if he waits long enough he won't know where the shit is ...

.......................so firing missiles would be useless. Sound familiar?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #29
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Bet youall are pissed to the 10power he is asking congress now.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
lostincypress
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

Here is an explanation. The War Powers Act of 1973 that Nixon vetoed but Congress overrode the veto.

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding a presidential veto. The War Powers Resolution has been violated in the past by President Reagan in regards to the aid to the Contras in Nicaragua and by President Clinton in 1999, during the bombing campaign in Kosovo. All incidents have had congressional disapproval, but none have had any successful legal actions taken against the president for violations.[2][3] All presidents since 1973 have declared their belief that the act is unconstitutional.............. ......THERE has not been a DECLARATION of WAR since WWII.
lostincypress is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women