Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162418
Yssup Rider60254
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41315
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35723
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
looiecypher
Account Disabled

Encounters: 94

ncns's are irelevant.hardly.The question was should the providers charge a cancellation fee.If they can't live up to the same standards as they want to impose on the clients then it does matter.
I have had well known providers Ncns me so no one can say pick the best and it won't happen ,because it does.
I have only had to cancel twice since starting as a hobbiest.Both times I called or e-mailed to let the lady know I couldn't make it.Set up something with same providers on a different date and things worked out great.
The guys are just asking for the same considerations.
I certainly don't think the client should have to compensate a lady because something ,business , emergency or otherwise came up and caused a cancellation.
Things happen and having to pay for it would probably cost the lady even more in lost business from hard feeliings down the road.
I run my own business and I have had folks cancel orders ,etc which cost me money I planned on receiving but I never ever even considered trying to get them to compensate me.
Good business means understanding things change and the customer may not need the product or service after all or cannot afford it at that time.
Making them pay for this would cause me to lose that potential customer for the future.
They would be getting nothing for the funds spent and feel animosity towards me for charging them.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #17
txcwby6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I don't mind a REASONABLE cancellation fee policy, such as no charge if you cancel an appointment no later than 24 hours in advance. However, the fact that I'm very busy is the reason I can afford to see providers; namely I'm successful and my services are in demand. Thus, it's highly likely that I'll cancel now and then to meet the needs of MY paying clients. I think this board is a good policing mechanism for unreasonable cancellation fees. If a Provider's policy is unreasonable then word will spread that Hobbyists should look elsewhere and that Provider will lose some business. Likewise, if she's reasonable (AND sexually talented!) word will spread about that too!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
Chevalier
Opinionated Curmudgeon

Encounters: 6
My ECCIE Reviews

The reference to cancellation fee policies, by the way, is a bit of a red herring. There are relatively few ladies who have such official policies and I've heard of very few instances of ladies even requesting such when the client cancels on short notice. If you think you have no obligation, it's not as though you're going to be forced to pay up. Unless you do it often, as a matter of fact, the lady may well not even complain about you (by name) to other ladies. So don't work up righteous indignation along the lines of "how dare they ask for a cancellation fee" . . . because for the most part they don't.

-------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfred View Post
It (4) Set your own standards of behavior at the level of what you'd like to receive, not in response to someone else's bad behavior.
And in evaluating that question, I also adjust for: (a) the client can usually resort to a Plan B on relatively short notice much more easily than the lady can find a replacement client for that time; and (b) even if not, the client rarely needs to be laid X number of times per month, versus a lady needing $X per month to live on. A missed appointment might in some instances equal 10% of a lady's income for the month. If a single client asked me to reserve 10% of my time for the month, and I turned down other work as a result (perhaps a significant distinction from the examples some of y'all cite from your own businesses?), and then he cancelled . . . I might not demand a cancellation fee but I'd be pretty pissed off.

As a P4P client, I've rarely been more than mildly inconvenienced by a no-show or short-notice cancellation, and that doesn't bother me as much as the possibility that my actions may make me "part of the problem." Even if it doesn't have any effect on how ladies perceive me, it affects how I perceive myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looiecypher View Post
ncns's are irelevant.hardly.The question was should the providers charge a cancellation fee.If they can't live up to the same standards as they want to impose on the clients then it does matter.
By using "they," you group all the ladies together into an indistinguishable whole. If a lady NCNS's clients without making it up to them, of course it's unnecessary to pay her a cancellation fee because she is not living up the standards she wants to impose on you. But it's irrelevant that Little Miss Flake no shows clients and doesn't live up to the standards that Ms. Professional and Reliable imposes on her clients.

If you want to attribute the sins of a few ladies to all ladies, be prepared for the ladies to attribute the sins of a few clients (hagglers, shorting the envelope, etc.) to all clients.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #19
Jasser
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
(1) A man can hobby forever and have no real problems with NS's if he chooses his companions carefully.
I've never had problems with ns's because of this very reason. As far as cancellation fees go, I don't agree with them. If a hobbyist doesn't bother calling you to inform you of his absence then cross him off your list.

I wouldn't expect something if I was stood up and I go through hoops to make hobby time. I don't work near Dallas so for me to hobby, I have to take vacation time.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #20
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

I would never ever charge a cancellation fee. That is the craziest thing Iv'e heard of. The nerve of some people.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #21
Saturn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

I'm still waiting on my check form some of NCNS done to me.......

Bad idea overall.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #22
Guest062124
Account Disabled

User ID: 34
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtabsw View Post
That said, I choose the high road and on the three times I've been forced to cancel within 12 hours I've offered the session fee. FYI it's been absolutely refused each time. (thank you Lexy, Reese and my retired friend)

You are very welcome. I am very familiar with reasons for cancellations on both sides of the fence. Things happen. I usually offer some sort of "make up term" if I have to cancel..but most do not take me up on it. It's all about respect. Thanks to my gentlemen friends for always being so great and understanding.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #23
Precision45
Valued Poster

I'm fine with cancellations because in this biz it's the norm, but If I get NCNS'd, I absolutely don't re-book. Charge whatever you want, I speak with my $$$
Old 02-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #24
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

Quote:
(3) When a lady asks your opinion about Provider's using such a fee, don't take the opportunity to come on here and whine about all the times you've been NS'ed. It's irrelevant.

It is only to irrelevant to WK's like you, Fred.

The rest of us do get rather upset at the notion, and for a provider to even suggest a cancellation fee is pure lunacy.

In 25 years of hobbying I have had to cancel twice--and each was with plenty of notice 24 hours one time and a week the other) and I did rebook once the circumstances changed.

I can't even give you a count of the times I have been NSNC. Mostly because it comes with the territory. I posted alerts when needed and moved on to more professional providers.

I believed you missed the point of the irony in my retort:

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If a lady chooses to make that a policy, that is her choice. I just hope she understands it is reciprocal and would most likely be held accountable to the same policy she put in place by gents if she needed to postpone or cancel.

Hence, the reason it is an idiotic idea from the get go.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #25
Maxxis
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 8

I think the amount of business lost would far exceed any fees that you could ever hope to collect.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulySummer View Post
If she does not have it posted that she has a cancellation fee and then demands one for an appt. being canceled, are you OK with it?
I'm all for cancellation fees... As long as they go both ways! By the way, I guess I need to add my cancellation policy to my signature.

I've only cancelled on a provider once, and I gave her four days notice.

So far this year, I've had 2 well known (and well reviewed) providers cancel on me. Each even admitted they had several days worth of warning, yet waited until my morning confirmation email to them, to reply that our date was off.

Yeah, I can hardly wait for the cancellation fees to start rollin in!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #27
berkleigh
Wicked Tryst dot net

User ID: 791
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Very Interesting Summer that you would Re-Post this...Drama as usual with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Evans View Post
I would never ever charge a cancellation fee. That is the craziest thing Iv'e heard of. The nerve of some people.
I charge one....get it over it!

The nerve of me too huh? lmao

I enforced it when I had a ridiculous amount of NCNS several months ago.

1. I don't even live in DFW anymore. I come in town 2-3 times a week.
( i am 1hr and 20mins from Austin and Dallas....so I travel ALOT)

2. I provide a very upcale Incall.

3. I am low volume.
(which means i don't fuck all day to break even)

4. I have a schedule and a busy personal life.
( i have children and a boyfriend who counts as another child)

5. The cancellation fee goes towards a reset appt

I don't have time for bullshit. I am in 3-4 cities a week.

Call if what you want but I know several ladies who do charge one and even men who have offered to give it when I have cleared my schedule for them.

I understand things happen or come up, believe me I have cancelled a number of times as well. I later tried to make it up.

I believe its posted on my website on the etiquette page as it has been for months.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #28
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

Berkleigh, I have no words...that was just AWESOME!

Seriously, I don't have a cancellation fee. I've had to cancel a few appointments recently, and believe me it does not feel good. Things do unexpectedly pop up, and well I would rather cancel than give a "bad" session...you deserve to either save your money or spend elsewhere. I do see it as my loss, however I always try to make it up if possible.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #29
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkleigh View Post
I charge one....get it over it!

The nerve of me too huh? lmao
So what would you say to a gent that wants a fee from you when you cancel?

Laugh all you want, but on more then one occasion I have traveled fairly far and checked into a hotel just to see a lady. . .well reviewed. . .and they canceled:

$149.00 Hotel
98 miles each way@ .50 per mile. . .

You get the idea?

Providers are not the only ones that get hurt by sudden unexplained disappearing acts.

So should money be reimbursed?

No, count it as the cost of the hobby. Any provider that even attempts to put such a ludicrous policy in place should be prepared to have a very small following of lap dogs and white knights.

Gents, hold the line. DO NOT GIVE IN. Avoid ladies that try to pull this bullshit, and tell them why you are not booking with them.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #30
berkleigh
Wicked Tryst dot net

User ID: 791
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Well, I am not one of those providers who does that!

If for some reason I have to cancel its due to my offspring or I am sick.

I ALWAYS refer out my appts if I can't make them.

I believe about a month ago I posted an ISO thread for a regular of mine.

Apparently, you are misunderstanding WHERE I AM COMING FROM.....

''I can explain it to you, but can't understand it for you" ....The Real Johnny Ringo
Thread Closed