Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70690
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60229
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48396
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35685
Mojojo33117

Old 10-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You're fucked, Girlyturd. You just don't accept it.

so is shitbreath... heshe loves it
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #17
MooneyFlyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Note to IB whatever it is . . .ever heard of Microsoft? That screwed your argument completely.
MooneyFlyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer View Post
Note to IB whatever it is . . .ever heard of Microsoft? That screwed your argument completely.
Check your history, MoonHowler, Microsoft put a lot of other companies out of business. Scribble that on your "note".
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
and ebay, and paypal, and google chrome, and the list goes on and on

if there's ONE high capacity website that hit the ground running full swing, experienced
no glitches or issues I'd personally like to know all about it.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #20
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp View Post

Again, we all know that funding has been blocked for this, so the people running the IT departments trying to handle this, have only what is given to them. If you get crap equipment there is very little you can do as IT to fix it aside from just doing the best you can where you can with what you have.

So, it's the Republicans fault that the Obamacare website rollout was a clusterfuck? What a load of crap! In post #6, you weren't so sure about that when you said, "Could it be that the Republicans were blocking any funding for this whole thing...I really don't know". But now you are saying "we all know that funding has been blocked for this". You had it right the first time when you said, "I really don't know".

In the private sector, someone's head would have rolled for this fuck up but not in the Obama administration. It's just par for the course.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
So, it's the Republicans fault that the Obamacare website rollout was a clusterfuck? What a load of crap! In post #6, you weren't so sure about that when you said, "Could it be that the Republicans were blocking any funding for this whole thing...I really don't know". But now you are saying "we all know that funding has been blocked for this". You had it right the first time when you said, "I really don't know".

In the private sector, someone's head would have rolled for this fuck up but not in the Obama administration. It's just par for the course.

right now, today .. If you have IE10, open google maps, select earth .. it doesn't, and wont work

not a single head has rolled.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #22
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp View Post
Could it be that because the Republicans were blocking any funding for this whole thing that impacted the quality of people putting it together or the type of equipment needed to get it up and running? I really don't know.
No, the GOP did not block anything.

If they had, you would have heard the Democrats screaming that from the rooftops many months ago.

The government has shitloads of money and could easily have used the finest servers around. The cost of hardware is small compared to the cost of design and coding. The contractor salaries are the big ticket items.

The government does not seem to have any technical problems gathering and storing shitloads of data related to our phone calls and e-mails. The ACA folks could have borrowed some servers from the NSA.

They have had about three years to put a web portal together. An that they had a huge amount of money and lot of people to do it with.

The problem is that this was an unworkable Rube Goldberg device from the word "Go". If we had gone with single-payer, they probably could have gotten it done. But trying to tie together all of those insurance planes and determining all of the income qualifications of all the enrollees was nearly impossible.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #23
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Heck of a job, Selebius!

Most of you idiots have little inside experience with critical, customer facing, enterprise wide, multi-organization, secured IT systems. I do and know the issues around the design, development and implementation of them. Some pieces of this system likely didn't make it past integration testing, much less any type of load testing.

That said, I can only imagine the problems of dealing with changing govt regs, security issues, coordination with multiple teams and myriad of implementation issues with multiple environments including development/testing environments. That said, over $400 million buys you a lot of servers, programmers and comm resources (and senators).

The major clue was the security question drop downs not populating.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #24
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
right now, today .. If you have IE10, open google maps, select earth .. it doesn't, and wont work

not a single head has rolled.

I don't have IE 10, so I will take your word for it. And if Microsoft has not held any one responsible, then that's on Microsoft. I do know that the Windows has all kinds of security issues, as opposed to Firefox for example, that have to constantly be addressed thru patches and security upgrades.

The Obama administration has had over 3 years to get the Obamacare website up and running properly. And we still don't know for sure what the total cost of the website was. Even if it was "only" about $100 million, the taxpayers got fleeced. And again, no one in the Obama administration has been held responsible. And you seem to be ok with that. No surprise there. But hey, at least, you are not trying to blame the Republicans for this, like your buddy Stanley Dupped is.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I don't have IE 10, so I will take your word for it. And if Microsoft has not held any one responsible, then that's on Microsoft. I do know that the Windows has all kinds of security issues, as opposed to Firefox for example, that have to constantly be addressed thru patches and security upgrades.

The Obama administration has had over 3 years to get the Obamacare website up and running properly. And we still don't know for sure what the total cost of the website was. Even if it was "only" about $100 million, the taxpayers got fleeced. And again, no one in the Obama administration has been held responsible. And you seem to be ok with that. No surprise there. But hey, at least, you are not trying to blame the Republicans for this, like your buddy Stanley Dupped is.

why would anyone in the Obama administration suffer because of the consequences of a government contract ? Did "you know who get impeached", or any member of his admin get the ax when Halliburton fleeced taxpayers for over $100 million bucks? ... no Halliburton took the hit in Their wallet when they got busted.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #26
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:
why would anyone in the Obama administration suffer because of the consequences of a government contract ? Did "you know who get impeached", or any member of his admin get the ax when Halliburton fleeced taxpayers for over $100 million bucks? ... no Halliburton took the hit in Their wallet when they got busted.

Just like I thought. You have no problem with anybody in the Obama administration ever being not held accountable. You are the comsummate Obamatron!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #27
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Just like I thought. You have no problem with anybody in the Obama administration ever being not held accountable. You are the comsummate Obamatron!

just like I thought, you're too stupid to understand government contracts ... you are the quintessential rifghwinger
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #28
MooneyFlyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

To be more correct, Microsoft's failure and errors in products have spawned far more technology companies than they ever "beat" . . . damn little pesky facts.
MooneyFlyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #29
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:
just like I thought, you're too stupid to understand government contracts ... you are the quintessential rifghwinger
Like the way you always mimic my response when you got nothing else.

Don't know what a "rifghwinger" is, but I am a proud conservative. And I don't try to claim that I am a "registered independent" in a state that has open primaries when it is obvious, even to a blind man, that just the opposite is true.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #30
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
To be more correct, Microsoft's failure and errors in products have spawned far more technology companies than they ever "beat" . . . damn little pesky facts.

they have a fix ... pay 35$ and talk to FRED in india, and get nothing in return
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women