Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162445
Yssup Rider60287
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41359
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35770
Mojojo33117

Old 07-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

LOL! I'm not a libertarian either. I'm an independent, I have common sense and I don't blindly follow parties. America is so broken, no one can fix it, not even a miracle. But keep thinking Romney is your savior. Hopefully we'll be here in 2016 and you'll be justifying why Romney couldn't deliver and how it's all Obama's fault.

Here is my prediction from another thread:

COG - there is no quick fix or even a fix regardless of who wins the election. America's problems have been in the making over the last 30 years. It's too late my friend, the shit has to hit the fan and the reset button will need to be pushed. The Great Depression of the 21st Century is brewing. Also, this is not something the President of the US can fix. We are living the consequences of globalization, where resources and capital flow freely to where they are most effectively utilized. In our case, American labor rates are too expensive, therefore the jobs will move to lower cost areas. Capital will stop coming to America as well, as countries like China and India continue to expand their middle class and people will start making bets on those countries' growth rates. The American economy will stagnate and even shrink as people stop consuming goods and services because there are no jobs. The end result will be that Americans will need to cut back their expectations on wages as American wages drop to remain competitive with lower cost countries. At the end of the process, we will have a global economy in equillibrium with similar living standards across the countries that made the leap from emerging to industrialized. Of course, the people with the capital will relocate to where their money provides better returns. I don't blame them, I would do the same. They will have no allegiance to a specific country as allegiance will not get in their way of returns.

The US lost control of its economy when we decided to push globalization in exchange of short term profits. The invoice will come and we will have to pay.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

CBJ7, here's where that comprehension class will come in helpful. You were looking at the GDP column, not the debt column. The GDP when Bush left office was $14.5 trillion. The debt was $10 trillion. Now go back to the chart, and see if you can find your mistake. That will be lesson 1.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Your an idiot CJ; you just posted that the debt was $14.7 trillion when Obama took office in January 2009.

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=2888025&postcount=3

ok pal ... I said 14.5 not 14.7 ... wrong numbers idiot.

see how that works?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

LOL; I never called you a libertarian.

I don't know what principles you stand on, other than you think the Reps and Dems don't deserve to lead. Fair enough. Don't vote, throw your vote away on some 3rd party, whatever, no skin off my nose.

But the way out won't be thru some catastrophic life altering event, but thru incremental changes. Even if the greatst deperession hits us, the responses and changes will be incremental. Revolution isn't going to happen in America anytime soon....sorry to disappoint.

In the meantime, Icum will be sitting on the sidelines waiting to be put into the game....but then again, Icum thinks the game isn't worth playing because the outcome is somehow already determined.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
LOL! I'm not a libertarian either. I'm an independent, I have common sense and I don't blindly follow parties. America is so broken, no one can fix it, not even a miracle. But keep thinking Romney is your savior. Hopefully we'll be here in 2016 and you'll be justifying why Romney couldn't deliver and how it's all Obama's fault.

Here is my prediction from another thread:

COG - there is no quick fix or even a fix regardless of who wins the election. America's problems have been in the making over the last 30 years. It's too late my friend, the shit has to hit the fan and the reset button will need to be pushed. The Great Depression of the 21st Century is brewing. Also, this is not something the President of the US can fix. We are living the consequences of globalization, where resources and capital flow freely to where they are most effectively utilized. In our case, American labor rates are too expensive, therefore the jobs will move to lower cost areas. Capital will stop coming to America as well, as countries like China and India continue to expand their middle class and people will start making bets on those countries' growth rates. The American economy will stagnate and even shrink as people stop consuming goods and services because there are no jobs. The end result will be that Americans will need to cut back their expectations on wages as American wages drop to remain competitive with lower cost countries. At the end of the process, we will have a global economy in equillibrium with similar living standards across the countries that made the leap from emerging to industrialized. Of course, the people with the capital will relocate to where their money provides better returns. I don't blame them, I would do the same. They will have no allegiance to a specific country as allegiance will not get in their way of returns.

The US lost control of its economy when we decided to push globalization in exchange of short term profits. The invoice will come and we will have to pay.
I don't disagree with you at all, ICUP. I think disaster is inevitable, and what little freedom we have left will be gone. The people will flock to a dictator who will promise them security and stability, and they will willingly trade any freedom they have for it.

I call myself a Libertarian because I agree with most of their stands. They are also the only organized group that I can see that actively promote freedom. If you read my Hail Mary thread, you will see that I am only supporting Romney because I think he will lead us to disaster only slightly slower than Obama, which may buy us a little more time to convince people that freedom is the most important quality we want in a country. I don't have any Pollyanna views that it will work, I just hate to give up and watch my country be destroyed by these arrogant "do gooders" who only want power. I guess I'll stay in the fight as long as I can.

I also know that the major parties are owned by the banksters, and when the economy crashes, the banks will be there to pick up the pieces. And they will keep the pieces.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

You are reading the wrong column in your fucking chart idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post

see how that works?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:

see how that works?
Ahem. CBJ7. Let's try again.

YOU ARE READING THE WRONG COLUMN, IDIOT!!!

There, get it?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Ahem. CBJ7. Let's try again.

YOU ARE READING THE WRONG COLUMN, IDIOT!!!

There, get it?

shhhhhhhhh ... Im huntin wabbits
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

You're scenario of debt/credit collapse has been played out multiple times around the world - in modern times.

The most recent being Greece, Ireland, Iceland. The debt gets reset, haircutted, dismissed. The world adjusts and commerce continues. It happened in Mexico with the peso collapse, in Russia with the ruble collapse, and in Argentina. All those countries worked thru the debt/credit problems and commerce continued.

If individual households have zero to minimal debt, times may get hard, but not impossible to manage. For households with crushing debt, it will be a life altering event, but not doombsday...

And there definetly won't be breakdown of civilizations, as many survivalists and doomsdayers think.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #25
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

WW, their collapses were not as huge as ours will be, and when ours happens, the world goes with us. It will be a disaster of biblical proportions. There is no way to predict its effect on society, except to say that the banksters and their friends will be happy, fed, and safe.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #26
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Can't have it both ways; if bankers are as greedy as you say (which I tend to agree with), they will find a way to keep the system operating.

It isn't in their interest to have consumerism collapse, trade get wiped out, credit vanishes, wealth evaporates, and people only intersted in food and water.

The real danger will be when governments can't provide free this and free that. Civil unrest in this respect, yes. But the system will protect itself, and find ways to operate and maintain......disruptions, urban riots, will happen, but it will not be the armageddon that many on the far spectrum predict (hope).
Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #27
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Unfortunately, WW, we will be given the chance to find out if you're right, or I'm right. Let's just say I hope my prediction on this is a accurate as my others have been. But I doubt it. Time will tell, my friend.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #28
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Don't get me wrong COG; America's great test is coming..........with or without an Obama 2nd term......but definetly much sooner and uglier with a second Obama presidency.

A Romney win (actually Tea Party victory) may vent steam and keep the system from blowing sooner, give the boat a chance to right herself, and possibly steer clear.........but very dangerous waters, no doubt.

Clinton and the Repubicans did it once before - not too long ago.....and we can do it again. But NOT with Obama. He is determined to wreck us on the reef. But rest assured, he isn't the kind of captain to go down with the ship. Obama will dress girly and sneak onto one of the lifeboats to save his sorry ass.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #29
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

CJ; consider this one of life's little lessons. Next time COG or myself tells you are "hunting wabbits", please save face and quietly sign off.....

your buddy, Whirlaway.

Quote:
shhhhhhhhh ... Im huntin wabbits
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #30
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
CJ; consider this one of life's little lessons. Next time COG or myself tells you are "hunting wabbits", please save face and quietly sign off.....

your buddy, Whirlaway.

why do you think I posted that link whirlie ?
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women