Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
tail hook scandal?
That would be Navy. The Air Force isn't known to be landing on pitching postage stamps in the middle of the ocean where they need arresting cables.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:35 AM   #17
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
I can appreciate what you are saying Barley. What would be the best course of action in your opinion?
That is up to the senator. In a he said-she said situation the advantage goes to the senior person. Proof, witnesses, or a confession are the only way to change the balance.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #18
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
I can only imagine how you feel. Did it hurt?

You are suffering from a bad case of the dumb ass, seek help.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #19
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
It would be a difficult prosecution without physical evidence or a witness. It is a court martial offense to accuse a superior officer of a crime even if it is the truth. You have to prove your case and then have to show that crime was so heinous that the accuser is forgiven for making the charge. Think of something less than rape, the public charge damages the reputation of the service and makes it difficult for the senior officer to perform their duties. The accused has a presumption of innocence. It's a lot different from TV.
As a society, we need to make it much more acceptable to come forward immediately for all rape victims.

They should be unafraid to call the police and go directly to the hospital for an examination and collection of evidence.

As it is, the embarrassment, fear of.... everything, after that is so great, it's understandably difficult for many to come forward.

We shall see what happens in the senator's case. How many years ago was it? I think it would be very difficult, shy of a confession, to prosecute.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #20
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default I don't usually like the Daily Beast as a source but...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/38-men...itary-each-day

While most of the fire from the public and Congress directed at the military addresses women who are sexually assaulted, more than half of victims are male. According to the Pentagon, 38 military men are sexually assaulted every single day, and because of the stigma, culprits nearly always go free because the survivors don’t want to speak. As one Veterans Affairs psychologist notes, "One of the myths is that the perpetrators identify as gay, which is by and large not the case. It's not about the sex. It's about power and control."

I don't know what the statute of limitations are, but they'd be inundated.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #21
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/38-men...itary-each-day

While most of the fire from the public and Congress directed at the military addresses women who are sexually assaulted, more than half of victims are male. According to the Pentagon, 38 military men are sexually assaulted every single day, and because of the stigma, culprits nearly always go free because the survivors don’t want to speak. As one Veterans Affairs psychologist notes, "One of the myths is that the perpetrators identify as gay, which is by and large not the case. It's not about the sex. It's about power and control."

I don't know what the statute of limitations are, but they'd be inundated.
That's todays Military under Trump. No wonder they lose every war
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #22
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
That is up to the senator. In a he said-she said situation the advantage goes to the senior person. Proof, witnesses, or a confession are the only way to change the balance.
agreed. its just like the cops. police killing blacks and unarmed people is declining. maybe this will decline to
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:52 PM   #23
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
As a society, we need to make it much more acceptable to come forward immediately for all rape victims.

They should be unafraid to call the police and go directly to the hospital for an examination and collection of evidence.

As it is, the embarrassment, fear of.... everything, after that is so great, it's understandably difficult for many to come forward.

We shall see what happens in the senator's case. How many years ago was it? I think it would be very difficult, shy of a confession, to prosecute.

Well put, Grean.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:14 PM   #24
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Here is my point.

The Military is a closed society. The Government has records of every single person who serves.

They know exactly who was on active duty when the Senator was raped. They know every Commisioned Officer who was active when she was.

To break it down further, she said “superior officer”. That means they know her rank at the time of infraction. So that narrows the field down even further.

Then, they could ascertain info on any of this limited number of Commisioned Officers who could have possibly been in any proximity of the Senator at the time of the rape.

This narrows it down to what seemed like a large number of potential suspects to a reasonably manageable number to question.

This is serious. She has accused, in open debate on the floor of the United States Senate, a Commissioned Officer in the Armed Forces of the United States of raping her. That is a 1st degree felony. Period.

The Military now has the resonsibility to find out who.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #25
oeb11
Valued Poster

JS - would that investigation and prosecution require the active participation of Sen McSally?
I am no expert on the UCMJ.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:21 PM   #26
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
That's todays Military under Trump. No wonder they lose every war
Trump hasn't been in office long enough to affect major changes in the military. By the way, congress makes the rules that the military lives under. No, you're going to have to back to the previous guy to find fault. Where was the healing under Obama? The government prosecuted a lot of soldiers for killing the enemy under Obama. The government prosecuted some sailors for espionage (but not Hillary) under Obama. The government prosecuted a lot of men for doing stupid stuff overseas under Obama. Didn't hear about a lot of sex crime prosecutions under Obama. Nope, not too many at all. Guess it was out of respect for Bill and Hillary.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #27
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Here is my point.

The Military is a closed society. The Government has records of every single person who serves.

They know exactly who was on active duty when the Senator was raped. They know every Commisioned Officer who was active when she was.

To break it down further, she said “superior officer”. That means they know her rank at the time of infraction. So that narrows the field down even further.

Then, they could ascertain info on any of this limited number of Commisioned Officers who could have possibly been in any proximity of the Senator at the time of the rape.

This narrows it down to what seemed like a large number of potential suspects to a reasonably manageable number to question.

This is serious. She has accused, in open debate on the floor of the United States Senate, a Commissioned Officer in the Armed Forces of the United States of raping her. That is a 1st degree felony. Period.

The Military now has the resonsibility to find out who.
That case would be circumstantial at best. We've narrowed it down to three possibilities and one has since died. So you propose to ruin a life, destroy a reputation, and take away their freedom based on a probability.
I hate to say it but it sounds like a prosecution for someone who matched the description because they were black and there.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #28
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
JS - would that investigation and prosecution require the active participation of Sen McSally?
I am no expert on the UCMJ.
I’m certainly not an authority either.

In my opinion, yes. She has made and EXTREMELY serious accusation against the Officer Corps of the US Military. As serious accusation that a fellow Officer can make.

In my post, I laid it out how the military could narrow the field of suspects down.

How many other Officers were raped by this man because of her silence?

If she wasn’t willing to go all the way, she should have never brought it up.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:43 PM   #29
oeb11
Valued Poster

I agree it is a very serious accusation.

First I hope she gets the care needed .
Second you have a point - if She brought it up, she should be willing to cooperate with an investigation and cooperate with any prosecution.

I know not how this would be handled under the UCMJ
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #30
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

I remember seeing some figure that there were 30,000 rapes in the military, half of them from gays.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women