Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48371
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #16
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I expect the president to be angry that an American died because of his .
Were you just as angry when the President did not fire antbody when the army lied about how Pat Tillman died?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You all know that the Fast and Furious program really pisses me off. I can guaran-damn-tee you that I would be just as outraged if John Ashcroft, Alberto Gonzalez, Edwin Meese, or any other AG you can name under any President had implemented this program and been as incompetent as Eric Holder in the administration thereof.

So I ask you, and be honest now, let's just pretend this was the Bush administration (since you all like to compare Obama to Bush) and John Ashcroft is AG, and the program progressed just like it did under Holder. Who would be defending the program, and who would be as upset as me?

I'm guessing that the libs would be all over Ashcroft and demanding his impeachment, and at least some of you Republicans would be defending Ashcroft.

So, what would your opinion be? My position is that right is right, and wrong is wrong, regardless of who is in charge. And this program was wrong, all wrong, from the beginning.

For extra credit, use the same criteria, and evaluate if your opinion of the NDAA would change.

What say you?

I was pissed with Clinton and Reno because of Waco, not as pissed as Tim McViegh but pissed.

My position is this selective outrage is pure politics.

My position on F&F is similiar to CJ7...though I believe that some heads should have rolled. But I believe that some heads should have rolled for the Pat Tillman cover-up and I believe damn sure some heads should have rolled after Waco , when the ATF was trying to secure funding and pulled this stunt that backfired to do so.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

You make a lot of misassumptions. As for Tillman, you could always call my Congressman and Senator from then. Maybe they've taken me off their "don't answer this call" list. I was on a first name basis with my Senator's intern staffers.

Don't assume that, unlike you, my standards are situational. Try to remember who it was who stopped George Bush's semi-amnesty program and it wasn't the pro-illegal democrats.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You make a lot of misassumptions. As for Tillman, you could always call my Congressman and Senator from then. Maybe they've taken me off their "don't answer this call" list. I was on a first name basis with my Senator's intern staffers.

Good, no great!

Quote:

Don't assume that, unlike you, my standards are situational. Try to remember who it was who stopped George Bush's semi-amnesty program and it wasn't the pro-illegal democrats.
Unlike me? WTF, I praise you , then this.

My standards are not situational.

I did not jump to any conclusion in say the Joe Paterno case or Zimmerman case. I have my own bias going in, just as you and everybody does. We all pick and choose what laws we approve of or not.

Personally I do not think the government should be running guns or starting wars with nations that had nothing to do with 9/11.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #20
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
bud gave you an honest answer, well thought out too ...
he didnt give an honest answer,, it was a half truth misleading answer that obama's press secretary gave for which he was called out on by even the white house press corp and he had to change his weasel words

fast and furious wasnt started under bush, a different program was that was handled totally differently.

carney tried to say it was started under bush and then got called on it and had to say the "tactic" was begun under bush. so they took the genesis of something and molded it into their own program for thier own ideological reasons and now they mislead in many ways, one of which is to try to blame bush.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #21
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
he didnt give an honest answer,, it was a half truth misleading answer...

...carney tried to say it was started under bush and then got called on it and had to say the "tactic" was begun under bush. so they took the genesis of something and molded it into their own program
I think Budman said as much.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I was trying to give CBJ7 the benefit of the doubt. Considering his inability to comprehend even the simplest of concepts, I think he did the best he could.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #23
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I don't care who is in office. The truth should come out and the DOJ should have to answer to congressional review. You can make all the excuses you want for this but it was a complete disaster as an operation. There should be a review of how it was developed, who was the decision maker and who knew about the operation. And finally, are they still in a position to make these kind of decisions.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
I don't care who is in office. The truth should come out and the DOJ should have to answer to congressional review. You can make all the excuses you want for this but it was a complete disaster as an operation. There should be a review of how it was developed, who was the decision maker and who knew about the operation. And finally, are they still in a position to make these kind of decisions.
do you feel that way about the military personnel who lied about pat tillmans death?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #25
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
You can make all the excuses you want for this but it was a complete disaster as an operation.
Why? Because one officer was killed?

Oh that's right! I keep forgetting who's President.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
thier own ideological reasons and now they mislead in many ways, one of which is to try to blame bush.
This is about F&F not how Bush misled the public into thinking Saddam had something to do eith 9/11
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

But WTF, you're trying to justify Holder's action by turning this into a discussion about Pat Tillman, which is not the subject of this thread. You're asking that just take the discussion off course.

And yes, those involved in Pat Tillman's death should be investigated fully, and appropriate sanctions should be applied. Just like this case. Now can we stay on topic? If you want to discuss Tillman, start another thread.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #28
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

It’s not so much the Fast and the Furious program itself. It was a bad judgment call, but it’s not the first time an AG made a bad judgment call. It’s the cover up that is what is damning. Obama, allegedly the most “transparent” presidency in the history of the country – no world – covered up sad end to a poorly thought out program.

Watergate
Penn State
Iran/Contragate
No WMD’s
The Bay of Pigs
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Absolutely, Obama could have saved Holder and himself if he had investigated and shut it down as soon as this came out. Some lower level bureaucrats could have taken the blame (and deserved to take the blame), and this would be over.

Obama's arrogance will be his downfall.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #30
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
It’s not so much the Fast and the Furious program itself. It was a bad judgment call, but it’s not the first time an AG made a bad judgment call. It’s the cover up that is what is damning. Obama, allegedly the most “transparent” presidency in the history of the country – no world – covered up sad end to a poorly thought out program.

Watergate
Penn State
Iran/Contragate
No WMD’s
The Bay of Pigs
A cover-up of what?
timpage is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women