Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60234
gman4453220
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48397
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41289
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35705
Mojojo33117

Old 01-14-2016, 09:46 AM   #16
Joe Buck
Valued Poster

Encounters: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootLong View Post
Jerry Jones will never allow an NFL team here. It's a big Cowboys market.
Excellent point FL. I am sure the Cowboys and Texan organizations don't want another team in the state pulling money from their fan base. I would almost bet the NFL owners are about fed up with Davis acting all pissy and trying to move every time they don't get what they want from the city of Oakland.
Joe Buck is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:38 PM   #17
BigGuy13
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Been in SA since the mid 90's. My thoughts are that if a team came here and located themselves centrally between SA and Austin, they would do well for a year or two, but after that, I don't think the economy would support them unless they were in the playoff hunt every year.

But I also agree the Jerry doesn't want to share...
BigGuy13 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:26 AM   #18
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

I have been here for 40 years and in that time I have seen four attempts at starting a pro football franchise in this town. All of them were dismal failures. The Gunslinger/Clinton Mangus episode was a particularly rancid clusterfuck.

Given that history...

I will not be holding my breath.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #19
Love Your Zoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
I have been here for 40 years and in that time I have seen four attempts at starting a pro football franchise in this town. All of them were dismal failures. The Gunslinger/Clinton Mangus episode was a particularly rancid clusterfuck.
Thanks for reminding me of the Gunslingers Mokoa!!!

As a young 20-something year old back then, I plunked down my credit card for two seats in the exclusive box seating in Alamo Stadium, and waited for the construction to begin on the Alamo Stadium expansion. It was several months before I got my money back, but think I recall I eventually did.

ESPN, Fox Sports, and SI are all reporting about the parcel of land between SA & Austin, and Red's involved now, so it's almost a done deal.

It's really heating up now, expect "Breaking News" on KENS 5 News any day now.

"This is Deborah Knapp with Eyewitness New, We have Breaking News on the potential move of the Oakland Raiders to San Antonio! Sources report it definitely might possibly happen. There are reports that a Southwest Airlines jet from Oakland landed at San Antonio today, fueling speculation that the announcement is imminent, stay tuned to Eyewitness News for more update to date information on this important scam.

Remember you heard it first on KENS 5 that this definitely might possibly happen!"

I watch too much KENS 5 news!

Zoo
Love Your Zoo is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #20
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnwine View Post
SATX could never find enough corporate or rich citizens to support the sky boxes.
You kidding? Guys paying $300+/hour to rent pussy here and there's NO MONEY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Stone View Post
The Alamodome is a great place to watch a game but with a capacity of 65,000 no where near big enough to house an NFL team and I don't think the city or county is going to cough up close to a billion dollars (which is what AT&T Stadium cost) to build a new stadium. I am sure the local population would love to have an NFL team but I think the price tag is too high and folks wouldn't want to pay it.
But a definite upgrade from what I've heard about the current Oakland Coliseum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootLong View Post
Jerry Jones will never allow an NFL team here. It's a big Cowboys market.
He's got fans around the world. You think losing some in San Antonio would really concern him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKat74 View Post
With the population of the San Antonio metro area and Austin metro combined, which is roughly 4.3 million, it makes sense for a team to come here. There are enough large businesses and corporations in both cities that would purchase sky boxes and season tickets. The tourism industry in San Antonio is huge, that alone would also help put asses in seats. Also the average median income in San Antonio is actually more than Austin I believe, which isn't really an argument anyway because Green Bay and Buffalo have more "blue collar" demographics in the sense of family income but those teams thrive. The Raiders coming here also opens up South Texas to having an option to see an NFL team that they wouldn't have to drive 6-8 hours to see.

I'm a longtime Cowboy fan, but I ain't gonna say no if my boss wants to give me some tickets to see the Raiders.
I would agree - except with the being a cowboys fan part.

Nice input gents. Hey we can dream can't we?
hittinit is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #21
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittinit View Post

He's got fans around the world. You think losing some in San Antonio would really concern him?
Yes. If he did not care about the SA market, he would not have had practices here. The players would sure rather do the practices in California.

Jones has a lot of pull in the league, having America's team and all. Hope if you will, but it ain't gonna happen.
FootLong is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:46 PM   #22
Keyzer Soze
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

He does have a lot of pull,it's my understanding that he was a major factor in the Rams, relocating to L.A..

SA gives him free use of the Alamo Dome,it cost a hell of a lot less to come here,than California,no brainer.

Too many other owners have to approve a team moving since they all share in revenue,so it ain't go to happen.
Keyzer Soze is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #23
Guest070316-1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

The alamodome is expandable to seat 70k plus for football. Thats 2k more than the Seattle Seahawks stadium and had interest to host a Super Bowl at one point in time. So it's big enough, but fact is, is it modern enough? Today's new stadiums are state of the art, seat more people, and if a franchise is going to move, they want the bells and whistles along with the ride.

Can SA afford a new stadium (let alone support a new team)? Maybe, hittinit might be onto something there as stated above. Lol. In all seriousness, they could. The Vikings almost came here years ago, just a matter of time as more interest sparks.
Guest070316-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:57 PM   #24
Love Your Zoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Grey View Post
The alamodome is expandable to seat 70k plus for football. Thats 2k more than the Seattle Seahawks stadium and had interest to host a Super Bowl at one point in time. So it's big enough, but fact is, is it modern enough? Today's new stadiums are state of the art, seat more people, and if a franchise is going to move, they want the bells and whistles along with the ride.
The Alamodome would have to be a stop gap. Compare the Alamodome to the LA Coliseum, where the LA Rams & possibly LA Chargers will play for 3 years, I've never been there, but friends in LA who currently drive to San Diego for Chargers game said it's a dump and they wouldn't consider going to Chargers games there if they move.

I have been to the Oakland stadium and it's definitely a dump.

Granted, they do have a stadium planned in LA.

I still think we are being played by Davis, I think our best shot is if he runs out of options and Oakland tries to call his bluff.

Zoo
Love Your Zoo is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #25
pickupkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 77

Remember that saying" If we buld it they will come". the built the Alamo dome...but no one came.
pickupkid is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:43 PM   #26
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Your Zoo View Post
The Alamodome would have to be a stop gap. Compare the Alamodome to the LA Coliseum, where the LA Rams & possibly LA Chargers will play for 3 years, I've never been there, but friends in LA who currently drive to San Diego for Chargers game said it's a dump and they wouldn't consider going to Chargers games there if they move.
The LA Coliseum has only one thing going for it... Capacity. It seats a minimum of 100,000. Yes, it is old. 92 years old. Saw a few LA Rams games and a few USC Trojans games there some 40 years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Your Zoo View Post
I still think we are being played by Davis, I think our best shot is if he runs out of options and Oakland tries to call his bluff.
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupkid View Post
Remember that saying" If we buld it they will come". the built the Alamo dome...but no one came.
Yep, but the Spurs did come... Then they left.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #27
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Maybe this will change ya'll's minds...

http://www.raiders.com/raiderettes/index.html

And isn't this what we want - more hott chicks in san antonio?
hittinit is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:00 PM   #28
pickupkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 77

WE would have to build a new dome....If we built they will come
pickupkid is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:23 PM   #29
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittinit View Post
Maybe this will change ya'll's minds...

http://www.raiders.com/raiderettes/index.html

And isn't this what we want - more hott chicks in san antonio?
Yes, they are quite lovely indeed.

However, you misinterpreted what I posted.

I never objected to an NFL team being here. I just do not believe it will happen.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:27 PM   #30
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupkid View Post
WE would have to build a new dome....If we built they will come
Heh heh. Like the last one? Really? Really?
Mokoa is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women