Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60668
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48598
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42388
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36792
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

However, if Clinton would have made more effort to Kill Osama Bin Laden when he had the opportunity, 9/11 and the Iraq war might never have happen. I don't remember all the details anymore, but according to a retired Air Force General that worked under Clinton he stated that when they had sited Osama Bin Laden they informed Clinton so he could give the order to launch air strike or cruise missiles at this location and Clinton who was watching either a football or basketball game took his time and finally ordered the strike, but Osama was gone by then.
kingorpawn is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
undercover1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Kin

The invasion of Iraq led by George W happened because W wanted the invasion and take down of Hussain. You're dreaming if you think if Clinton had taken Osama the Iraq war would never have happened.

If you believe what you said....you simply don't know your history and haven't read books by people inside the W administration and the speeches these neocons made during the Clinton years about the need to take Hussain out.
undercover1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover1 View Post
Kin

The invasion of Iraq led by George W happened because W wanted the invasion and take down of Hussain. You're dreaming if you think if Clinton had taken Osama the Iraq war would never have happened.

If you believe what you said....you simply don't know your history and haven't read books by people inside the W administration and the speeches these neocons made during the Clinton years about the need to take Hussain out.
First of all, I never agreed with the war. I was there. I agree Bush wanted to get Saddam. Saddam put a contract out on Bush Sr., so it was personal. I believe Bush used the American military as mercenaries to get this one guy. What I'm saying is that 9/11 gave him the excuse he needed to do it. Whether Bush would have been able to find an excuse to invade Iraq if 9/11 had not happen we'll never know.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover1 View Post
Kin

Of course there were people in BOTH parties that believed Saddam needed to go. Just as Clinton (yes, the subject of this thread himself) believed that Saddam had Chemical Weapons.

After the first Gulf war, with Saddam left in power, Saddam didn't change his ways. He started a second ethnic cleaning campaign against the Kurds in northern Iraq and the Shiites in the South. This led to us enforcing "no-fly" zones over these areas of Iraq under Clinton.

He also massed several divisions of troops on Kuwait's border and threatened to re-invade Kuwait on at least TWO occasions. This led to us having to keep large numbers of military personnel and equipment in the region in case Saddam decided to carry out his threats. He tested our "no-fly zones" numerous times, massed troops on the Kuwaiti border, continued to kill Kurds and Shiites with abandon and yes, by the way, Osama used our troop presence in the region as an excuse to attack us on 9/11.

What many also don't know (or maybe choose to have selective memory about) is this:
Prior to the invasion the CIA sent "SAD" (Special Activities Division) teams along with U.S. Special Forces personnel into northern Iraq. (Operation Viking Hammer)
They were sent in to take on an Al-Qaeda offshoot known as "Ansar-al-Islam", a known terrorist organization with Al Qaeda ties. During the battle with this group near Sargat, a suspected chemical lab was located. This lab contained traces of deadly toxins ricin and botulinum and was the only lab of it's type located. Before anyone says the CIA was "lying" about the tests, personnel from left leaning MSNBC conducted their own tests with the same results as reported here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3070394/...r-toxins-iraq/
Also located at the camp were biological weapons suits to protect against these agents, anti-dote injectors for chemical weapons and manuals on how to produce chemical weapons.
Members of "Ansar-al-Islam put up quite a bit of resistance before artillery and long range 50 cal sniper weapon systems got the best of them.

Bottom line.....even if Bush didn't like Saddam for plotting to kill his father, Saddam was certainly stupid enough to give plenty of reasons for more people than just Bush to want him removed from power. The killing of the Kurds, Shiites, allowing an Al-Qaeda offshoot (Ansar-al-Islam) to set up shop there, massing his troops on the Kuwaiti border, violating the no-fly zones and allowing terrorists to attempt to produce biological/chemical weapons....all plenty of reason for many people to want to seek a regime change in Iraq at the time.
DTorrchia is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #20
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

I agree with everything DT said. Plus who knows if Saddam would have lasted another 10 yrs. He lived a shitty life. Every 4 hrs he had to move to a separate location when he slept. He had a christian doctor because he didn't trust the muslim doctors. I found that one funny. His health probably wasn't that good. I wouldn't surprised if one of his kids killed him. We can speculate all we want, but what happen, happen. And last anybody that thinks Obama won't do the same is mistaken. Obama is as much capable of starting another war as Bush was, maybe worse.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #21
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingorpawn View Post
Obama is as much capable of starting another war as Bush was, maybe worse.
You are going to have to provide something more concrete than an gross assumption on your part to make me believe that Obama is more likely than GW to start a war for the expressed purpose of locating weapons of mass destruction that no longer existed? Then spend 7 1/2 years searching for those wmd's at a cost of $1 trillion and 4500+ American lives and never locate the first wmd!

I don't believe we have ever had another POTUS that would do anything as foolish as what GW was guilty of doing, much less Obama!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #22
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
You are going to have to provide something more concrete than an gross assumption on your part to make me believe that Obama is more likely than GW to start a war for the expressed purpose of locating weapons of mass destruction that no longer existed? Then spend 7 1/2 years searching for those wmd's at a cost of $1 trillion and 4500+ American lives and never locate the first wmd!

I don't believe we have ever had another POTUS that would do anything as foolish as what GW was guilty of doing, much less Obama!
I never said it was for the "expressed purpose of locating weapons of mass destruction". An example would be that Obama has ordered more Drone attacks into countries we are not at war with than Bush did. He's deported more illegals than Bush did.

What makes Obama dangerous is people saying that he doesn't have the courage to do something. Obama will go out and try to prove his critics wrong.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #23
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingorpawn View Post
I never said it was for the "expressed purpose of locating weapons of mass destruction". An example would be that Obama has ordered more Drone attacks into countries we are not at war with than Bush did. He's deported more illegals than Bush did.

What makes Obama dangerous is people saying that he doesn't have the courage to do something. Obama will go out and try to prove his critics wrong.
I will give consideration to change my previously stated position when I see Obama strut his stuff across the flight deck of the Aircraft Carrier Abraham Lincoln, while wearing a Naval Aviator's flight suit and then giving a speech seen and heard around the world, with a huge MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner hanging overhead.

Without question, GW wanted the history books to recognize him as a "Wartime President." In my estimation, a few "drone attacks" pales in comparison!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #24
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post

BigTex, with all due respect.....you're not being serious with your above quote? Maybe your hate for GW got the best of you before you wrote that.

Let's take Lyndon Baines Johnson.....how about the Gulf of Tonkin incident? You know, the false attack the Johnson administration staged in order to justify sending combat ground troops into Vietnam. How about 58,000 Americans killed, almost 1,000,000 Vietnamese and 177 Billion dollars which by today's standards would be damn near a trillion dollars.
Are you honestly saying that the intel was not fudged to justify that war? That old politicians didn't play loosely with young men's lives? That the reasoning was any more solid than our reasons for going into Iraq.

I can understand that some of the posters here don't like or downright hate Bush. Let's not start changing history though by saying no other President has ever marched us down this road. It's happened more than a few times in our nation's history.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #25
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTorrchia View Post
Let's take Lyndon Baines Johnson.....how about the Gulf of Tonkin incident?
Point well taken on Gulf of Tonkin, I stand corrected! No doubt, G of T was a historic foreign policy mistake made by an American President from another generation (almost 50 years ago). The point I was trying to make with my original post was to counter kingorpawn's ridiculous assertion that "anybody that thinks Obama won't do the same is mistaken. Obama is as much capable of starting another war as Bush was, maybe worse."

As for kop's claim that Obama "is as much capable, maybe worse" of starting another war as Bush was, there is absolutely nothing Obama has done (including the targeted Drone attacks) that could possibly justify an assertion that he is more capable of starting an Iraq type mistake. Trying to say Obama is "maybe worse" than Bush in the war starting arena is not much different than saying: since the Green Bay Packers lost two games this football season, they are "as much capable" of losing all of their games as the 2008 Detroit Lions were when they went 0-16.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #26
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

I'll have to agree with you on that one BigTex. It's exactly Obama's hesitation to go to war that I believe will allow Iran to fulfill it's nuclear weapons ambitions. But that's another story and one we probably don't agree on.

As far a Clinton is concerned, I simply don't see him as any more of an effective President than the ones who've come along since his last term.

The sad truth is that other than Reagan, you'd have to go back to Kennedy to find an effective leader with strong ideals and the will to see them carried out. Prior to Kennedy I'd go as far back as Teddy Roosevelt.

True leadership at the Presidential level is something this country has seen little of over the the past few decades.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #27
Asian Ann
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 73998
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Funny Thread

Funny pics. Thanks.

Ann
Asian Ann is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #28
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Of course, what's not to miss from Clinton's times? ...

All of these attacks carried out under Clinton's watch. Why? Because he showed his cowardice and aversion to utilizing our military from the very beginning of his Presidency. It was open season on the USA and it's interests around the world as far as terror organizations were concerned.
I cant find the exact quote but since Clinton was to busy getting his dick sucked by a fat girl,, Bin Laden kept attacking the US and its interests due to Clinton doing nothing about it...
Hence 9-11, Bin Laden figured US would sit on their hands..

obviously Osama was wrongo bongo...
two in the head, you know he is dead!!!
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #29
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
The sad truth is that other than Reagan, you'd have to go back to Kennedy to find an effective leader with strong ideals and the will to see them carried out. Prior to Kennedy I'd go as far back as Teddy Roosevelt.
If you are just judging on foreign policy expertise, I would say that George H.W. Bush had stronger credentials than Ronald Reagan. I understand that is also something that you and I will not agree upon. I believe the end of the cold war was more a result of an internal collapse of the Soviet empire, more so than something orchestrated by the Reagan Administration. I strongly believe that no matter who would have been President at the time, (GHWB, Clinton or GW) the Soviet Union would have collapsed!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #30
eahand
Lifetime Premium Access

eahand is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women