Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Bigtex, I commend you, that is the way it is supposed to be done.
My originol post was concerning what I consider Middle Class Earners. They should realize that getting their kids all the way through college is their responsibility. If they cannot afford a major University, then there are community colleges that are very affordable to any familly making $60,000+ a year. If a loan is required, the parents should be responsible.

I never took advantage of any of the GI benefits that were afforded to me back in the 60's when I was drafted. That was my fault, though. But I was also fortunate enough to get into a Business that has been quite profitable through the years.

Sooner or later we are going to have to address the ever rising cost of secondary education. I blame the entire Student Loan Program on much of this. The colleges know there is guaranteed money out there (they get their's up front), so they want as big a chunk of it as they can get. If they knew that all they were going to get is what the typical familly can afford, they would come down.

My daughter did qualify for a partial scholarship, but there were so many strings attached, I told them to get screwed, I would pay for it.

From my experience, a Bachelors Degree from a major University, (State), will cost you no less than $80,000. Keep in mind, with the way the colleges keep adding hours to degree plans, it really takes 5 years. Go to a private such as Baylor, Rice, etc, and that cost could easilly double.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #17
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
* I didn't check any websites.

Neither do I know of any of "their parents" who actually purchased "a 2013 Escalade on a 72 month loan @ 10% interest?"

I was hoping that since you raised the issue you would be able to actually provide specifics as opposed to speaking in generalities. Apparently you can't!

Next issue?
If the vehicle description has you upset (chihuahuas get like that) ... then

pick any overpriced, reasonably high end piece of crap in the $60,000 to $70,000 range. Then ... YOU check the tuition and book estimates of YOUR COLLEGE .. ok?

OK?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
For what?

And their parents go out and buy a 2013 Escalade on a 72 month loan @ 10% interest.
Quote:
pick any overpriced, reasonably high end piece of crap in the $60,000 to $70,000 range.
Are you still speaking in generalities or do you have something much more specific as it relates to the actual percentage of "their parents" who actually purchase an "overpriced, reasonably high end piece of crap in the $60,000 to $70,000 range on a 72 month loan @ 10% interest?"

I was still hoping that since you raised the issue you would be able to actually provide specifics as opposed to speaking in generalities. Apparently you still can't!

Next issue?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

There are two problems. The first is the presumption that everyone should get a college degree. That is not true. Not all degrees are economically justifiable. Trade schools could provide lower cost training for most jobs.

The second problem is the cost of college. Politicians only look at providing funds for students to pay the high cost. They should be looking at making the cost of college affordable without aid.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #20
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Lets make an attempt to stick to at least one topic here.

What it boils down to is the fact that there are a limited number of jobs out there for recent college grads. They are competing for the fewer jobs available with with a much more established workforce that has been downsized/laid-off of their own jobs.

Thinking that further out, if those downsized/laid-off people still owe on THEIR college loans, they don't have the means to pay either. With $200/wk in unemployment checks, student loan payments will be pretty low on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I don't think college is for everybody but I think everybody who has the desire for higher education ought to at least have an opportunity to pursue it. Lots of folks do very well without it, but the reality is that a college education goes a long way towards financial security over the course of a lifetime.
Absolutely
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #21
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

I paid my way, my kids will need to pay their way too. I'm not raising spoiled brats that go through college on mommy and daddy's dime and graduate knowing shit about life. The problem is that everyone in America expects somebody else to pay. Not in my house, they'll have free food and housing and some tuition. If they want to study somewhere else, they'll have to work and pay for their own food and housing. Sorry, but I'm tired of seeing American children know nothing about life and getting their butts kicked by everyone else. At this rate, we don't need Obama to turn us into a 3rd world country, we're doing it ourselves by raising unproductive human beings that can only watch reality TV crap, play video games, and get drunk and high.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #22
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
I paid my way, my kids will need to pay their way too. I'm not raising spoiled brats that go through college on mommy and daddy's dime and graduate knowing shit about life. The problem is that everyone in America expects somebody else to pay. Not in my house, they'll have free food and housing and some tuition. If they want to study somewhere else, they'll have to work and pay for their own food and housing. Sorry, but I'm tired of seeing American children know nothing about life and getting their butts kicked by everyone else. At this rate, we don't need Obama to turn us into a 3rd world country, we're doing it ourselves by raising unproductive human beings that can only watch reality TV crap, play video games, and get drunk and high.
sounds like you have the parent game under control. Keep up the good work.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Are you still speaking in generalities or do you have something much more specific as it relates to the actual percentage of "their parents" who actually purchase an "overpriced, reasonably high end piece of crap in the $60,000 to $70,000 range on a 72 month loan @ 10% interest?"

Next issue?
Forgive me BT, I now remember that you attended U of H. May be this will help ....

.. their parents would rather BLOW their money as opposed to helping their children get an education that will assist them in some simple logical concepts .. like reading posts on a SOB board and adding 2+2.

Back to the thread topic..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
.. their parents would rather BLOW their money as opposed to helping their children get an education that will assist them in some simple logical concepts .. like reading posts on a SOB board and adding 2+2.
Are you still speaking in generalities or do you have something much more specific as it relates to the actual percentage of "their parents" who "would rather BLOW their money as opposed to helping their children get an education that will assist them in some simple logical concepts ."

I was still hoping that since you raised the issue you would be able to actually provide specifics as opposed to speaking in generalities. Apparently you still can't!

And now since it is quite obvious that you are unable to provide something more specific we can finally go back to the thread topic..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well, actually, your obsessively repetitive posting about a non-issue is relevant to the thread topic, which is that by each post you prove conclusively that not everyone benefits from a college education, so parents or taxpayers should not waste their money on people with similar mental deficiencies as you constantly demonstrate by your posts.

How's that for specificity?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #26
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Well, actually, your obsessively repetitive posting about a non-issue is relevant to the thread topic, which is that by each post you prove conclusively that not everyone benefits from a college education, so parents or taxpayers should not waste their money on people with similar mental deficiencies as you constantly demonstrate by your posts.

How's that for specificity?
Not very specific at all However we have come to expect as much from you as you continue to hijack this thread with subject matter that is clearly irrelevant.

Now that it is clearly obvious that LL is lacking specificity we can finally return to the thread topic..
Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #27
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Now that's funny! Anyone who has ever heard of an educated gnadfly, please raise your hand!
BigKoTex, that must be a rhetorical question since you already had your hand in the air!?!

. . . . . . . .
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #28
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

. . . . . . . .
That's the spirit I B. Eat 'em up, Coogs!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #29
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Here is my story

I had more disposable income my jr/sr year in college, it was nothing to ask a date to drive to OKC for dinner or a play
I worked for the University 20 hours a week
I received my ROTC commission check
I was treasurer of my fraternity so my house bill was free

Per credit hour cost were $12 today I think read it is $178

My two daughters went to ut, ut's books and tuition are in line with other state universities BUT it is the cost of housing. I think we paid like $3000 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. Whatever is was, I documented my youngest and it cost $100,000 a year and that was over 10 years ago. My ex was a XO and for whatever reason ut's XO did not have as high of a educational requirements that OSU's XO chapter had

This what gets me about ut, unless you can get in the Eng or Biz school why go there, you end up with a liberal arts degree and no job when you graduate
My nephew from Dallas came to OSU/Biz school and he graduated with with a $70,000 job

Go Pokes
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #30
Roothead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

in the next 5 yrs, a number of 2nd and 3rd tier universities will be coming out with their own version of the "value education", 4 yr degree programs, in tangible, market driven disciplines that are geared towards the needs of employers, that are priced anywhere from $10-15k/yr tuition.... the brand name universities will continue to demand top-dollar (and get it)

Also, going away to school vs doing the local commute, will be a reversed trend - living home with M&D while going to the local "value" university, will be more the norm than the exception
Roothead is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women